Author Topic: Davis 'Live' Console script  (Read 53463 times)

Offline meteo.thenioux

• Thenioux Méteo Tomatologue
Re: Davis 'Live' Console script
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2015, 05:08:07 AM »
Hello thank you for your answers
I made a mistake
I give the name of the pws folder WU
but that does not change there is always an error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: json_decode() in /home/gedfr/thenioux-meteo-tomatologue/pws.php on line 49

http://thenioux-meteo-tomatologue.gedfr.co/pws.php

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2015, 05:20:20 AM »
Hi,

I just read your email, where you had a problem with call to undefined function my_sqli

I think these errors are related, because it means you are using some very old version of PHP. These functions require PHP of 5.4+ and I highly recommend you upgrade, these versions have been around for quite some time and are safe and tested.

Offline BCJKiwi

• Forecaster
    • Silver Acorn Weather - N.Z.
« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2015, 06:16:39 AM »
Would appreciate moving unrelated posts from this thread to where they belong.

Your Vue console script is still not working.
If you want further help, please give more detailed info so I can assist.

The Davis console scripts tested and work reliably on PHP 5.3.10 through 5.5.12 - not sure about earlier versions.

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2015, 06:29:32 AM »
Would appreciate moving unrelated posts from this thread to where they belong.

If you meant my comment then it is related, because he gets the exact same error with my_sqli, which has also been introduced in later versions of PHP, which is why I said that he should check his PHP version. The error he gets when using my template probably has the same cause as this, because he also gets "call to undefined function" error.

Offline meteo.thenioux

• Thenioux Méteo Tomatologue
« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2015, 09:01:35 AM »
OK I change the web server ovh and move to
gedfr.info

http://meteo.thenioux.tomatologue.gedfr.info/icentre6.php

it works very well now
Thank you very much for your help
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 09:04:51 AM by meteo.thenioux »

Offline Dr. Faque

• Bradenton Weather
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2015, 06:17:49 PM »
I need help getting stated with Davis Live Console script. I have a Vantage VUE and I have renamed the files and made the changes per the how to Txt. I transferred the files to my web site and I get. "" Warning: require_once(./Settings.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Hosting\3143614\html\davconvueCW.php on line 92

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './Settings.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in D:\Hosting\3143614\html\davconvueCW.php on line 92"
 When I try to view what I have done

Offline BCJKiwi

• Forecaster
« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2015, 11:49:05 PM »
Need more info on your setup.
Settings.php is a Saratoga templates system file.
1. Are you running the Saratoga template system?
2. Which package did you download/install - the one for Saratoga template websites or the one for Cumulus websites?
3. Is the webserver on the internet or a local network? The path error suggests a local webserver.

The path(s) you need to set in the live console script setup are relative to where the script is running.
So if you have the files in the standard setup in the same folder as the rest of the Saratoga files then it will work without changing the paths in the script as supplied.

If you are not using the Saratoga template system for your website then what are you using? There are two different packages - one for the Saratoga template system and one for the Cumulus default HTML website - which are you using?

A link to your website would be helpful.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 01:05:05 AM by BCJKiwi »

Offline Dr. Faque

• Bradenton Weather
« Reply #157 on: October 14, 2015, 10:38:43 AM »
Thanks for your time.
Let me start with I think I may be way over my head on this project. I don't know what a Saratoga template System is. My web page is just what comes with Weather Display software.  The File that I downloaded was "davconsoleCW240_Full" from Silver Acorn. My webpage is on a webserver and you can find it at www.bradentonwx.com. Would it help if I tried to make this work on a separate page? If you think I should just bail out of this project I would understand but I would be disappointed, I am always willing to learn If you have the time to help. :???:

Offline BCJKiwi

• Forecaster
« Reply #158 on: October 14, 2015, 03:38:34 PM »
Unfortunately the scripts have only been designed to work with the Saratoga Template and Cumulus HTML websites.

The Saratoga template system is available here http://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/install.php and the detailed configuration for Weather Display is detailed here http://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/setup-WD.php

Our website (link in our signature) is based on the Saratoga Templates.

Offline schwab

Re: Davis 'Live' Console script & WeatherCat
« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2016, 08:47:14 AM »
My original post was #131 on page 6 of this thread/

Has there been any progress made such that a WeatherCat software user can configure the Saratoga-Weather templates such that the Davis "Live" Console can be added to our website?

Thanks.

Offline BCJKiwi

• Forecaster
« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2016, 02:43:08 PM »
Sorry, no progress and no plan to extend the scripts.

Offline bianconero57

• Contributor
    • Valdefensch@57
« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2016, 12:27:33 PM »
[SUPPRIM]
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 07:41:16 AM by bianconero57 »

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #162 on: January 30, 2019, 08:03:16 AM »
I know this is an old thread but wanted to reply...

Thanks for the work on this Brian.  I recently moved from CumulusMX to a Meteobridge Nano and wanted to keep the Davis console Live view.  I couldnt get the WD clientraw files to be read by this script, though the forecast was. so ended up with a blank console view except for the forecast.

This new script will hopefully gte me up and running again, though my MB-defs file is customised too so will need to do some editing on that., will let you know how I get on soon!

For those with a Meteobridge looking to run the 'Live' Davis Console applet, without having to use Meteohub or other weather station software, I put together a solution for our site by modifying the existing scripts of the Saratoga MB plugin and 'Live' Davis Console applet. You can see it running here: http://weather.flaglergunclub.com/davconvp2CW.php.

Cheers, Brian
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #163 on: January 30, 2019, 09:01:24 AM »
 \:D/ Seems to be working fine now.

Thanks again guys!
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline BCJKiwi

• Forecaster
« Reply #164 on: January 30, 2019, 02:37:58 PM »
It is great to see the long term on-going interest in this script.

It was a lot of work and unfortunately I have not been able to extend the code to systems other than Cumulus and WD (I don't use WD myself) as I have no access to them and hence no way to test them.
I have asked those requesting help with alternative systems help to send me the relevant files but unfortunately have not received enough to assist, other than to make suggestions.

I would appreciate any users who have successfully completed scripts for other systems to send me what they have so I could review and potentially include in a future release.

Thanks.

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #165 on: January 30, 2019, 03:24:29 PM »
It is great to see the long term on-going interest in this script.

It was a lot of work and unfortunately I have not been able to extend the code to systems other than Cumulus and WD (I don't use WD myself) as I have no access to them and hence no way to test them.
I have asked those requesting help with alternative systems help to send me the relevant files but unfortunately have not received enough to assist, other than to make suggestions.

I would appreciate any users who have successfully completed scripts for other systems to send me what they have so I could review and potentially include in a future release.

Thanks.

Brian, I managed to use the file attached here: for Meteobridge (Nano) however I was getting an error in the Apache log:

PHP Warning:  A non-numeric value encountered in /share/htdocs/weather/conds.php on line 511

Conds.php afaik is Kens script saratoga Template Script, which has been re-edited to add addition lines to get the davis console script working.script.

Line511-513 onwards:

Code: [Select]
        $CSV[19] = round($WX['rain0total-hmax'] * 25.3970886, 1);            // Rain total this hour (Converted from in to mm)
        $CSV[20] = round($WX['rain0total-mmax'] * 25.3970886, 1);            // Rain total this month (Converted from in to mm)
        $CSV[21] = round($WX['rain0total-ymax'] * 25.3970886, 1);            // Rain total this year (Converted from in to mm)

on looking at

rain0total-hmax
rain0total-mmax
rain0total-ymax

I am somehow confused.

rain0total: rain fall is in mm  so not sure why the comment is saying it is converting inches to mm?

then on Meteobridges website:

Sensors that deliver cumulated data like "rain0total", "sol0evo" and "sun0total" should be used with the following selectors only:

hoursum, daysum or sumday, monthsum, yearsum, allsum, ydaysum: selects summarized delta values from today, this month, this year, all time or yesterday. Example: "rain0total-sumday" is todays rain fall.

so why hmax, mmax, and ymax are being used is beyond me.

I have asked Boris (Meteobridge to confirm) what should be there. though I feel Ken may need to also give some comment on this as the 511-513 lines do not seem to be correct.

once I get some form of clarification I can send you an amended version for Meteobridge/Saratoga Template.

I am guessing there should be no calculation from Inch to mm since raintotal is in mm already (default) and the Sensor Selectors need to be changed too.

attached is a previous version (untouched)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 03:38:22 PM by ConligWX »
Regards Simon

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2020, 01:56:33 PM »
Is there any version of this script where the console is displayed full-screen (or at least full browser viewport)? If so, anyone have a URL please?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline BCJKiwi

• Forecaster
« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2020, 03:14:59 PM »
@ johnd

The script works by positioning elements in fixed positions on a fixed size image.
That is that way it has always been since the original versions (see credits in the scripts) from which this version was developed.

A full screen (but how big is full screen?) version could be created by creating a larger image and another version of the -inc file with larger text size and new positions of all the dynamic elements.

Alternatively you could create a page that is just big enough to contain the image and has nothing else on it, and zoom the image by 150% 200% 250% etc.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 03:19:16 PM by BCJKiwi »

Offline BCJKiwi

• Forecaster
« Reply #168 on: January 15, 2020, 03:21:15 PM »
@ ConligWX

Thanks for your post,
Will look forward to your updated file set with interest.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2020, 04:23:21 PM »
A full screen (but how big is full screen?) version could be created by creating a larger image and another version of the -inc file with larger text size and new positions of all the dynamic elements.

OK, thanks for the answer - much appreciated. Well I guess a variable sizing image could use relative rather than absolute positioning and starting from an appropriately scaled image (does eg CSS do that nowadays?), which I'm guessing ought to be pixel accurate these days. But it sounds like the answer to my question is no, there's no 'full-size' (fsvo) version available at present which was my main question. But behind which is the increasing interest in using eg a tablet as a console-substitute, but users would presumably want to see a full-sized console and not a larger webpage with a smaller console embedded.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 04:27:32 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline the beteljuice

• the beteljuice
  • Forecaster
    • test site
« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2020, 07:57:49 PM »
@johnd

Should be do-able ....
Positioning / sizing graphics is no great hardship, and I found a way to resize proportionally text (not in the example below).

the beteljuice has only played with viewport css sizing once, so someone with with a bit of expertise must surely be able to do it !

My example adapts to the smallest available width / height - the subject being a 'square'
Imagine what you will KNOW tomorrow !

Offline BCJKiwi

• Forecaster
« Reply #171 on: January 16, 2020, 02:29:42 PM »
There is this https://silveracorn.nz/m/
which is intended for mobiles.

Offline dazza

« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2021, 05:04:55 AM »
hi sorry to drag up and really old post that i use davconfcst.txt but since i switch over to davis wLL now ive lost the forecast

here was the tags to read the console forecast

$forecast  = trim('<#wsforecast>');

is there a way to put Cumulus forecast?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline BCJKiwi

• Forecaster
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2021, 04:36:17 PM »
Well,
You could try
$forecast  = trim('<#cumulusforecast>');

Offline dazza

« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2021, 05:56:58 PM »
cool that fix that and one last thing is forecast is just showing 3 lines?

anything