Author Topic: CWOP Data Transmission Failure?  (Read 1097 times)

Offline atnbirdie

CWOP Data Transmission Failure?
« on: February 07, 2014, 09:45:15 PM »
I have been using WeatherCat to upload my Davis Vantage Pro2 data to CWOP and WUnderground for 2.5 years with no problem.  This week I had two events where CWOP data did not appear on the CWOP site while WU data continued to successfully upload to WU.  I've made no changes to any settings since first setting up CWOP.  I restarted WC and transmissions started again, but after a couple of days they again stopped.  WU data continues to flow.  I've restarted WC again and CWOP data is again flowing.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:49:01 PM by atnbirdie »
Steve
Davis Vantage Pro2 (Wireless) w/Envoy & Data Logger
iMac OS 10.9; WeatherCat v.1.2.4
CWOP: DW8300    WU: KMDMIDDL9

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
Re: CWOP Data Transmission Failure?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 08:52:09 AM »
I suspect that it is the classic header problem.   The new servers at CWOP will only except a header of TCPIP. The old servers will still accept TCPXX.   When I look at your raw weather data it shows that data is going thru on server CWOP 1, 3 and 5 but not on 2 and 4.

I don't know if Weather Cat software has been updated to support the now required header format or not.   You can work around it by setting WC to send only to CWOP 1,3 or 5 instead of using (rotate. aprs. net).

Assuming what I say above to be true CWOP 2 an4 would be dropping your packets with no feed back to you.

Offline atnbirdie

Re: CWOP Data Transmission Failure?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 08:41:16 PM »
I replaced the first 3 slots with CWOPs 1, 3, 5 as suggested and left passcode blank.  The failed in short order too.  What seems to be working now is that I put CWOPs 1, 3, 5 in the first 3 slots and repeated CWOPs 1, 3 in slots 4 and 5.  I also put "-1" back in the passcode field which is the WeatherCat default settings. It's been running for over 24 hours now so it looks like a fix.  Thanks.
Steve
Davis Vantage Pro2 (Wireless) w/Envoy & Data Logger
iMac OS 10.9; WeatherCat v.1.2.4
CWOP: DW8300    WU: KMDMIDDL9