Author Topic: Upload to Underground Weather  (Read 2413 times)

Offline caseymax

Upload to Underground Weather
« on: December 19, 2009, 05:44:31 AM »
Hay  I just started uploading to UW about 36 hours ago (I think its up loading) it says it takes 24 hours to recognize you station and activate it. Nothing has happened yet it still shows not active in my profile. What do I do to make sure I am doing everthing right?   Thanks Max B

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Re: Upload to Underground Weather
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 06:03:35 AM »
Hay  I just started uploading to UW about 36 hours ago (I think its up loading) it says it takes 24 hours to recognize you station and activate it. Nothing has happened yet it still shows not active in my profile. What do I do to make sure I am doing everthing right?   Thanks Max B

The most common mistake is getting the username or password entered wrong.  station ID is all caps like KTNEUCHE3.

What software are you using?  Does it show updates?

What's your WU station ID?
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline caseymax

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 10:52:14 AM »
I am trying to upload to underground weather, it shows hundreds of uploads & updates (its been 48 hrs. & not activated). I have a Lacrosse 2810U-IT Wireless with USB interface, Installed the software for the 2810 from Lacrosse, its called Heavy Weather Pro WS 2800, got it working on the computer then I installed the Heavy Weather up loader {WUHU216_32_B92} Got it to interface with my 2810 and signed up for a station at UW and received Station ID and my username and password. Entered password in CAPITOL letters and it started to upload to Underground Weather. Is it working right or am I not doing something that I should be doing??
Thanks Max B
Monrivia In

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 01:57:21 PM »
I am trying to upload to underground weather, it shows hundreds of uploads & updates (its been 48 hrs. & not activated). I have a Lacrosse 2810U-IT Wireless with USB interface, Installed the software for the 2810 from Lacrosse, its called Heavy Weather Pro WS 2800, got it working on the computer then I installed the Heavy Weather up loader {WUHU216_32_B92} Got it to interface with my 2810 and signed up for a station at UW and received Station ID and my username and password. Entered password in CAPITOL letters and it started to upload to Underground Weather. Is it working right or am I not doing something that I should be doing??
Thanks Max B
Monrivia In

I haven't looked at the new beta version.  However, I do run two instances of WUHU for my stations.  The station ID is all caps (KTNECUHE3 for example) but the password should be entered just as you entered it when you signed up for your WU account.  Could there be an I or an L or the number 1 in the station ID that you're entering wrong?  There will only be one number and that is the very last character in your station id.  If you're WUHU is sending to WU, it will show uploads (250/250 for example).  Do you have rapid fire checked?  That would increase the uploads to every 5 seconds or so.  Also, there is a box that needs checked just to the right of the station id boxes.  That tells WUHU to send the data to WU.

What is your station ID?  We'll take a look at it, too and see if it's doing anything.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 02:00:36 PM by Slow Modem »
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline caseymax

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 05:18:14 PM »
I checked my account and found ___   Ok this was dumb on my part I had entered my password in place of my station ID.  It showed uploads before 0/ 349 now it shows 21/21 so I think this should fix the problem I hope, what do you think. I check everything so many times and it was right under my nose. I was proud of my self for setting everything up and it almost work, sometimes your big problem is so small you cant see it. Its activated now and working great...Thanks a bunch..Max B

anything