Author Topic: Davis Firmware - Feb 21 is back  (Read 689 times)

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Davis Firmware - Feb 21 is back
« on: April 11, 2018, 04:00:23 PM »
Firmware updates are back without the virus flag

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Davis Firmware - Feb 21 is back
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 04:43:25 PM »
Firmware updates are back without the virus flag

Wasn't it the WL604 version that was giving the malware warning, which doesn't seem to have reappeared yet? Actually, I seem to be running 604 without any obvious problem - eg no MLBP alerts so strongly suspect that it was a spurious  alert, but Davis obviously don't appear to have reinstated it yet. Maybe there'll be a 605 with further changes?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 06:14:02 PM »
It was the 3 firmware releases that were at least pulled and according to Davis it did appear to be spurious which some users were ignoring but some systems simply refused to download the files, these 3 download ok now.

I didn't see the WL604 version, missed that one.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 06:35:29 PM »
It was the 3 firmware releases that were at least pulled and according to Davis it did appear to be spurious which some users were ignoring but some systems simply refused to download the files, these 3 download ok now.

I didn't see the WL604 version, missed that one.
Never saw 603 pulled, 604, different story. I had 604 til I needed to reload Win10, then after, it jacked up my WL and I couldn't get 604 out, and reloading 600 and 603 full build didn't work either. I called Davis and he got me back to 603, basically saying 604 may have issues.  :???:

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 03:28:42 AM »
There's a post about WL604 somewhere here, but basically it's not a big deal. The detail changes are/were:

Version 6.0.4 Features
•   Updated heat index calculation table.
•   Changed ET display format in Summary Window.
•   Added Device ID (DID) as authorization when set up Web Download. 

Version 6.0.4 Bugs Fixed
•   The file header is truncated when export records from Browser window with large number of data columns

It's the last one in features I was more interested in - only a few words changed in the Web Download part  of the Comms Port dialogue, but just makes it clear to users of WL.com 2.0 that they should use DID and not user name (which definitely saves us some emails/phone calls). Let's hope that they reinstate WL604 before the mass migration from WL.com 1.0 to 2.0 starts happening, which in theory could be any time now (but maybe not until June).

I've had no trouble at all with WL 604, but Windows 10 is a different matter. Last major automatic update (to Fall Creator) failed to complete properly for whatever reason and basically screwed the whole machine. After a day's work I managed to largely recover things but it's still not fully back to where it was. Thanks Microsoft  :-x

There was a reported virus alert on this WL604, which is what I thought you were talking about, but I'm pretty sure it was spurious - probably a library version that wrongly flagged up as malware.

Which firmware versions disappeared - I hadn't noticed any had gone, but not something I check often.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 04:02:13 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 05:21:36 AM »
These versions that were ultimately pulled were previously raised in this thread before it was hi-jacked

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=33984.0

anything