Author Topic: Weather Underground rainfall total reporting  (Read 1068 times)

Offline freakngeek

• laptopvideo2go
Weather Underground rainfall total reporting
« on: February 22, 2018, 01:24:04 PM »
Having an issue with Weather Underground website and reporting of rain fall totals for the day.
My WS1001 weather station is merrily reporting into all day every day, Weather Underground is showing the rainfall graph with rainfall rate and accumulated fine, but in the rainfall total for day its less than it reported on graph
Having a closer look at the data, it looks like the rainfall total stops at 7:47pm, confirmed with 2 days where it kept on raining after this  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
A couple of pictures to show what I mean, a cyclone went past on the 1st of Feb rained all day, but history shows only up to 7:47pm
Can only assume that Weather underground website reporting is at issue here as everything else is working fine
Checked the clock and timezone all as they should be
Any advice greatly received as rainfall total is now meaningless in history graph.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:27:08 PM by freakngeek »

Offline Mac005

Re: Weather Underground rainfall total reporting
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 02:29:55 PM »
Same issue here.  My Davis Vantage Pro 2 reports all the same rain totals on all platforms except WU.  I noticed on the list of “nearby stations” there were all showing little if any rain amounts during a 24 hour period of 2 to 3 inches of rain.  The good news is my webcam suddenly reappeared after disappearing for days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline astrokareny

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 10:24:16 PM »
A different rainfall issue. During one of our few storms of the season in the southern California mountains, we had 1.37 inches of rain, only the first 0.18” of which was counted because of a 36-hour power outage. After power and internet were restored, I uploaded the back data. It now shows on the graph and table for that day, but not on the daily total, and doesn’t add into the yearly total. The next day’s rainfall went in (again, uploaded after the fact), and is counted in both daily and yearly totals. Any idea how to change that, or is that a software issue with WU? (I use WeatherLink to upload from a Davis Vantage Pro 2.)

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 07:32:47 AM »
WU has issues. That pretty much sums it up. They are currently working on it but who knows if it will be corrected.
In the past the site had problems with wind gusts, barometer readings and other things.
If you go this thread and voice your concerns you can make your problem known.
Good luck.
http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=33651.0;topicseen
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline freakngeek

• laptopvideo2go
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 01:13:44 PM »
WU should possibly look in 'their' section not just in one post where my issue would very soon be forgotten about
Can't be only one with the above, does mean looking at data and comparing to what WU reports

Also seeing Wind Gust data graph not recording highs, 109Km/hr on WS1001 vs 80k's on graph, possibly the timing of data read might be issue here not quite as drastic a problem as stopping any Rainfall totals after 7:47pm

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 01:23:58 PM »
WU should possibly look in 'their' section not just in one post where my issue would very soon be forgotten about
Don't bother...it's a waste of time.  Nobody from "official" WU has been here for over a month now.

anything