Author Topic: New Weather station Hardware Releases  (Read 1594 times)

Offline railrode1

New Weather station Hardware Releases
« on: December 17, 2017, 11:33:26 AM »
I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can post news of new, upcoming or updated equipment. I don't go through all the different brand forums but would like to hear about the latest advances.
Davis Vantage Pro2 + Wireless

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
Re: New Weather station Hardware Releases
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 02:01:44 PM »
I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can post news of new, upcoming or updated equipment. I don't go through all the different brand forums but would like to hear about the latest advances.
Interesting idea!  I tend to also like to know what's going on in the industry but don't spend time reading all the subforums.

One thought I have though, the thread may just have to link to an announcement in that particular brand's forum where all discussion will take place, otherwise the news may get lost in pages of discussions about certain models.  (For instance Acurite Atlas / Elite or whatever which generates tons of discussion and speculation just by the fact that its release date keeps getting set back, that people who just want to know what's new may or may not be particularly interested in.  Or people opining about which brands and features are better without having ever seen the new products.)

Offline railrode1

Re: New Weather station Hardware Releases
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 02:41:12 PM »
Good thought! A point to a brand specific subforum is good enough.
Davis Vantage Pro2 + Wireless