Author Topic: Weatherlink Mobile not updating  (Read 3961 times)

Offline rhodesengr

Weatherlink Mobile not updating
« on: November 19, 2017, 08:43:56 PM »
The info on Weatherlink Mobile says it is supposed to update automatically every 10 minutes. This is not happening on my Android phone (Galaxy S5). It never updates after opening the app. If I shut the app down and restart, it reads the new data. The URL to our data is working and updating as expected. I have looked at "data usage" settings on my phone and there is nothing restricting background refresh that I can see.

Any ideas? Anybody else running Weatherlink Mobile? Are you seeing auto updates or not? Our station is ncss4slot if you want to try the app with our data.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Weatherlink Mobile not updating
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 02:58:58 PM »
Don't know about the Android version, but the iOS one sometimes needs a switch to another station and then back to the one of interest to trigger a refresh.

But AIUI a new version of the WL Mobile apps is due for existing users in the coming months.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline rhodesengr

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 04:06:13 PM »
I talked to Davis tech support and the guy I talked to agreed that the info in the app says the app updates every 10 minutes but he has never known it to do that. So the app as it now stands does not update. You basically have to restart it each time. He also mentioned a new app coming out soon.

Offline jgentry

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 11:14:08 PM »
With the new weatherlink 2.0 app, will the current data refresh automatically every minute or would I need to "manually" refresh it?
Davis Vantage Pro2 & WeatherFlow Tempest. WU: KXALJEMI2, KALJEMIS7, KFLPANAM363 & KALTHORS2. CWOP/APRS: C6353 & E6358

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 04:30:48 AM »
With the new weatherlink 2.0 app, will the current data refresh automatically every minute or would I need to "manually" refresh it?

I don't know, but wouldn't particularly expect it to be any different from the standard browser presentation, which - in WLC1 at least - is set to refresh itself every 5 minutes. The weather doesn't really change much from one minute to the next so what's the point in it refreshing more often? Just adds to server load for no good purpose AFAICS. If you could refresh every 2.5 secs then it would be a different matter because then you could see individual wind gusts - if that mattered to you.

But the maximum upload frequency to WLC is every minute, so live wind data is not possible, hence there's little practical difference between 1 and 5 minute updates (though you can of course refresh manually and override the 5-minute auto-refresh if you wish to see a more frequent update).
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:12:48 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline MaverickNH

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2023, 10:00:22 AM »
I noticed today (Sunday) that the Android app on my Samsung Tab A was still showing Friday’s forecast. Is it just my install, or does the app still not refresh automatically?

BRET/N4SRN

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2023, 02:05:44 PM »
I don't watch it a lot but before the hour it showed Forecast Hourly from 1:00 pm, then without me doing anything after 2:00 pm it showed the hourly from 2:00 pm so it is updating for me.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline MaverickNH

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2023, 06:09:22 PM »
Looking more closely, if the Android app says Last Update: LIVE then updates do not auto-refresh. If the app says Last Update: HH:MM [a specific recent time] then it does refresh. I'm not sure what determines the choice between those two conditions. If I close/open the app it seems to randomly use one or the other.

BRET