Author Topic: Webcams  (Read 1414 times)

Offline jpk1018

• Senior Contributor
  • http://www.madrussianweather.com/#
    • Mad Russian
Webcams
« on: October 16, 2017, 06:58:27 PM »
Anybody's FTP webcam up and running yet? This is getting kinda old.

Offline jackman

• Senior Contributor
    • Echo Pines WX Station
Re: Webcams
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 07:03:19 PM »
It's not working for me and has been intermittent for months. I've given up on it.

Offline jpk1018

• Senior Contributor
    • Mad Russian
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 07:05:04 PM »
Yeah I've about had it also. Pretty obvious they don't give a s**t

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 07:20:52 PM »
I have space for 5 cameras.  Two of them are Foscam R2, these I can FTP and right now they work.    I also have two Bloomsky units. I got them for the sky cams.   Both are sending weather data .  Both are sending pictures, but one is only having its images posted .    I also have a Davis VP2 that is sending and posting data .

I have had one of my Bloomsky cameras consistently  not being shown as active . It will be fixed for a few days then it is gone.  The problem is Wunderground. They "claim" they do not have a full time employee to mind that portion of the store.

I have sent them, via their support page,  two emails with no response.

What hacks my grits is that there is no one to call to ask for assistance.  At one time I had been writing  one of the two  staff meteorologists.  Dr. Hansen, and he got things done, but said that he wasn't the person to contact and not to bother him.   Perhaps a bunch of us could write Jeff Masters about this until he does something.

Offline jpk1018

• Senior Contributor
    • Mad Russian
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 07:29:16 PM »
I honestly think the only way to get anything would be we all just stop sending them data.  What is really strange is this would be an opportune time for someone else to setup a weather hosting service, but I've not seen that. Nobody out there that I think could handle it. Well look at the bright side atleast you have a couple that are working. 

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 08:48:15 PM »
i am going to give them some time to get the sh*t together.  then if by this time next week, I will pull the offending camera and reassign it to a different server, I think...

Offline jpk1018

• Senior Contributor
    • Mad Russian
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 09:55:29 AM »
Alright I'm up, her's what I think you need to do. Just rename your cameras, I put in a new name for mine with everything else the same and it's now uploading and working.

Offline llandudnoboy

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 01:21:14 AM »
How do you rename your camera? I tried, but it looks like it uses your usename + CAM1.

Offline Trifouillax

• ILANGUED102
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 11:30:00 AM »
Connected to webcam.wunderground.com.
421 50 users (the maximum) are already logged in, sorry
Not connected.
Not connected.

GTFO

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 11:34:22 AM »
I am going to use SecuritySpy for mac in the meantime.  i can load an image and overwrite the image as well.
I sent an email to the press@wunderground as well as their support, little that will do,  to either fix the problem, or have the decency to let all of us know that they no longer want the web cam images.

Now the weather data is current and they are accepting that, which is good.    I just wanted to be able to have my cameras send data directly with the same name to my web page.  Neither of my cameras will do that.   they all have the sequential name loading, which is not going to work.

anything