Author Topic: Replacement parts for Ambient Weather WS-1001 Clone - Maplin N23DQ  (Read 20068 times)

Offline rods55555

Re: Replacement parts for Ambient Weather WS-1001 Clone - Maplin N23DQ
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2018, 07:00:25 PM »
Oh, I forgot to mention. When I was opening the outdoor unit to replace the sensor I notice that it didn't turn off when I took the batteries out ..... yes, it has a supercapacitor inside, so mine is the same model sold as Ambient Weather 1002. Nice suprise.  \:D/

Offline frostie

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2018, 01:57:36 AM »
Have the N23DQ ( 3 years old )who had stopped working with his temperature, looked online and found this side, first thing what I like to say is that all the people like to help what I have read so far. I found my answer here, and like to THANK YOU for what need to do in the first place. The pictures helps, step by step. very nice. I have installed the SHT31 SHT31-D Temperature & Humidity Sensor Breakout Board Weather Module f G2G1, Ordered from ebay and installed, and works fine for now,. and thanks again.

Offline ramzy

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2018, 01:52:51 PM »
Hey all
i just want to ask if i can use another sensor than the one you all used, since it take a lot of time to reach my country..
For example can i use this :-SI7021 Temperature and Humidity Sensor Breakout

Offline schmiernippel

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2018, 07:04:31 AM »
The SHT31 works great in my HP1003 station !

I have to reset the outside unit and the sensor needed some time to show the correct values.

Thanks for the nice howto pictures !!!

Offline freightdog

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2019, 11:55:09 AM »
Sorry to revive an old thread but I have this same problem.  I have a new SHT30 but the old sensor isn't labeled at all.  On the board in the station the four connections are marked TH1 TH2 RH1 & RH2 with a red striped wire going to TH1.  No indication of Vin or GRND.  Could anyone tell me which of the four connections above relate to Vin GRND SDA & SCL?  I've tried wiring it in but I'm getting 99% RH an -20c on the console now???

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2019, 12:21:11 PM »
Sorry to revive an old thread but I have this same problem.  I have a new SHT30 but the old sensor isn't labeled at all.  On the board in the station the four connections are marked TH1 TH2 RH1 & RH2 with a red striped wire going to TH1.  No indication of Vin or GRND.  Could anyone tell me which of the four connections above relate to Vin GRND SDA & SCL?  I've tried wiring it in but I'm getting 99% RH an -20c on the console now???

Wow you are a member since 2016 and this is your first post! What took you so long? Just kidding with you and giving you a hard time. Good to hear from you and welcome.

Doesn't sound like you have the same weather station model being discussed in this thread. What brand and model weather station do you have?

The SHT30 is a serial digital device utilizing the I2C bus protocol. This means that both temperature and humidity get transmitted via the same 2 wires (the serial I2C bus). The other two wires on the SHT30 are for power. On your device based on the names of the 4 connections it seems like some other method that is not I2C is being used. To me TH1 and TH2 sounds like are wires used to transmit Temperature, and RH1 and RH2 sound like are used to transmit Relative Humidity. There is no dedicated power wires like in the SHT30 because I think your system is using an analog method of data transmission. This is all a guess. I could be wrong. We will know more once you give us your station brand and model. It could be that you may have a older version that didn't use digital and used analog yet it still looks like the pictures of the station in this thread. So it doesn't seem like the SHT30 would be compatible. They do make an analog version of the SHT30 but I'm not sure that will work either. I think you have something else all together.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 12:41:09 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline freightdog

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2019, 01:53:30 PM »
Thanks for the info. My station is a Maplin N23DQ. It's been okay up until now, although the rain gauge died last year. But now the temperature is over reading,I thought it was time to try and fix it.  I think I've fixed the rain gauge by wiring in a new reed switch.  I ordered the SHT30 after looking at this thread, but after opening up the station I found the temp/humidity sensor is a little different and not labelled.  I tested the the board and appear to be getting about 2v off the TH2 pin and GRND from the RH1. So I wired those accordingly and put TH1 to SCL and RH2 to SAA but I'm getting temperatures of +58 and RH 99%.
So I guess it's either still wired wrong or the sensor is bad.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2019, 02:34:56 PM »
freightdog,
Your Maplin N23DQ is of an older generation. It doesn't use the digital SHT30 SMD chip. Instead it uses an analog humidity resistor and a thermistor thermometer also analog. The pairs of wires are each for a separate sensor.

See this for a picture (you can see both sensors):
http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=30689.msg324655#msg324655

See here for reference to both parts:
http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=30689.msg326024#msg326024

Essentially these are the parts you need:
HR202L for humidity
NTC-MF52-103/3435 for temperature

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 02:51:54 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline freightdog

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2019, 02:46:45 PM »
Ah.. well that would explain it then!  I shall try and source those parts and see if they will make a difference.

Thank you Galfert for all your help, it's very much appreciated.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2019, 03:08:51 PM »
There might be another solution. I say might because I don't know enough about this. So it might be possible to convert the output from the SHT30 to analog using an digital to analog converter. Perhaps this is not the correct device to use...but maybe something like it. Or maybe you need two of these since I only see one analog output pair...which might mean that you need two SHT30 and then each of the digital to analog converters one does themometer and the other does humidity.

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/mcp4725-digital-to-analog-converter-hookup-guide?_ga=2.20162616.1823937908.1549569423-1074852380.1549081028

Probably not worth the trouble. But I just thought I'd mention it in case this was your sort of thing to figure out.

Another option is to realize that your weather station is pretty dated. The fact that you've kept it going this long is impressive. So you've fixed the rain gauge recently and now you need to fix the temperature and humidity sensor....so what will break next the wind? My point is that these are not expensive weather stations....Maybe you should consider a new WH2900 or WS-2902A that will have much better sensor parts and is more accurate in all respects. This newest generation is very good at wind direction and doesn't flap as much in the wind for direction. Also it uses a supercapacitor so you don't need to use rechargeable batteries. That and more. Your call. Just wanted to inform you that technology has advanced and that there is not just new stuff available but new better stuff as not always is new stuff really better.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 03:11:10 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline freightdog

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2019, 03:18:09 PM »
Well if I can fix it few a few quid then happy days! But if not, then I agree a new one will be the best option.

Offline Transporterman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2019, 01:47:26 PM »
Looks like it's my turn now..  I already have my Maplins N23DQ in bits to replace the wind cup bearings but I knew the temperature sensor had failed (as usual) so I am going to do it all together.

It seems I have the analogue sensors shown in dupreezd's link.  One leg of the temperature sensor has actually come off!  I would have quite liked to just replace the temp sensor because I'm worried about the four identical grey wires and the soldering for both sensors.  I have done some soldering but I'm no radio ham!

I fear I may have to bite the bullet though because it all looks in such a state!  Does anyone have a link for the two analogue sensors, and any clues about the wiring?  If the sensors are identical I  can mark the wires but If it's all upgraded I haven't a clue!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 02:39:23 PM by Transporterman »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2019, 02:45:46 PM »
It is not my intention to demean or tell anyone what they should do, but I just think at some point isn't it time to just replace the whole thing? I understand that everyone's budget is different. Also if you can fix what you have for very little then it makes sense to fix it. Unless you realize that there is much to gain from newer technology, especially when you have the analog version of a station. I still have some older computers that at one point ran Windows 98, XP and Vista. Some of these don't work and I could have fixed them cheaply with a new hard drive (even a free hard drive as I tend to amount them because of my work) or even a new cheap CMOS battery, but at some point the old device is just better being replaced. By all means fix your old station if you want or if that is your best option. I just want to inform that there is much to gain from a newer station as these aren't very expensive stations to begin with. Everyone fixes a Davis, but these Fine Offset stations are really just disposable, especially these older ones. I just want everyone to know that I just walked on egg shells. Please do not lash out. It is not my intention to instigate or start anything. I'm not all high and mighty either. By all means you are entitled to your opinion.

The pros of a new station:

• Digital sensors that are more accurate less prone to high temp bias and track humidity better and greater barometric precision
  • Wind vane that tracks better and flaps around less
  • Anemometer with lower pickup speeds
  • Nicer newer displays
  • Displays with extra features
  • Ability to connect to new online services like Ecowitt.net and/or AmbientWeather.net and/or WeatherCloud, and/or Metoffice WOW (all without extra hardware depending on brand)
  • Ability to through AmbientWeather.net enjoy Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant integration (for Ambient brand)
  • Ability to add new extra temp/hum sensors; soil, PM2.5 and others coming soon
  • ...and much more

Its a worthy upgrade is what I'm saying. Just weigh all your options with a clear picture of what new advances are available. The difference is like the old analog TV. If you knew someone that was still using an analog TV via some converter box and the TV stopped working would you advise them to just replace some cheap capacitors if they knew how to do the work and you knew that was the problem...or would you advise them that they don't know the world they are missing for not having a digital HD TV? That old station is not like an old classic car that you necessarily want to keep running. I bought an Ambient station knowing full well it wasn't a Davis and when it craps out I'll replace it if there is newer technology, and I'll fix it if it is still current technology. There is also the fun and challenge of fixing something that is broken especially if the parts are cheap, and I understand that as I'm a tinkerer. But maybe you can pass it down to someone starting off after fixing it and treat yourself to a new digital station. Everyone is different and I respect your thoughts. I feel like I've said all this before in another thread...not sure or if finally this is the time I get this off my head as I've held this thought back for some time in the past for fear of being chastised. I'm just trying to inform and help and make sure you are considering all the options with the most information as some people may think a new station is the same as the old station they already have.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 02:52:36 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline Transporterman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2019, 04:58:33 AM »
I'm certainly not offended.  Interesting to hear your views.  :-)

I can only speak for me..  I must say I don't consider my (replacement under warranty) weather station 'old' at two years!  If I can fix it cheaply rather than chuck it out, I will.  I always get a buzz if I can do that with anything.  :grin: 

I only bought a weather station originally because I wanted to see what strength the wind really was here in one of the windiest parts of England.  I am on a headland and I don't think the nearby stations get quite the same conditions.  I originally thought 80 UK pounds for the basic hard-wired wind meter I was considering was enough!  Once I saw the possibilities of a wireless unit connected to the internet I started to think slightly bigger.  At the time this Maplins station was my only real choice at around £200.  The Davis wireless and internet capable equivalents were about £700 and had plenty of bad reviews for the same sort of failings as the Maplins unit.

If I can't fix this one, I might go up to £350 for something really bombproof but not for another load of trouble.  I can't afford to keep replacing it every 3 years or so.  Do you have any recommendations for a good station that is long-lasting, reliable but repairable gelfert?  For what I need, I'm actually fairly happy with mine except that I wouldn't mind a touch screen and better software as you mentioned.

Btw- Re the analogue TV analogy, If the person I was fixing it for was happy with what they had, I would explain what they were missing, let them decide and be quite happy to fix it for them.  I do have most of what I want already in a weather station and what I'm missing isn't that compelling for me, not compelling enough to outweigh the cost implications anyway.

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2019, 05:21:30 AM »
Hi Transporterman, I would echo what George (Galfert) has stated. I was in a similar place earlier this year with an old Maplin weather station that has become erratic after nearly 10 years.
I started investigating my options as in the UK we now don't have many options since Maplins demise.
In my case I e-mailed Fine Offset in Hong Kong and was contacted back by Lucy and she informed me that they can supply their kit via the Ecowitt brand which is their direct to users reseller.
After discussion I opted for a HP2550 station which is the equivalent of the Ambient Weather WS-2000.
You can see my review/story here:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/90735-ambient-weather-ws-2000-fineoffset-hp2550/page/3/

The beauty of Ecowitt/FO is that they will customise whatever you want and they obviously have the latest kit which the other global resellers or US based ones like Ambient don't always have.
You can have the newer individual weather sensor components or a all in one sensor array and place them with a HP2550 console. If you get a GW-1000 as well then all the data can upload to Ecowitt.net which is an online data repository/reporting website. This is truly excellent, and whilst it does not quite replace my Cumulus MX installation (another project) I do highly recommend it. How much kit you buy and go with initially can be totally configured and up to you.
Be warned that the Ecowitt website is not great but use it as reference of what kit is available and then ask Lucy what you would like.

I would suggest that you have a read of the forum's and contact Lucy and ask for a quote/initiate a discussion. She will give you a USD$ price including shipping to the UK and you can choose the frequency 433 or 868Mhz of the kit you want.
G1ZFO

Ecowitt HP2551A + WH65 Tri-Wing (Wunderground: IGUILDFO67)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Wunderground: IGUILDFO68)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Mk2) test environment driving CumulusMX on a RPi 3b
Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)
Ecowitt WS90 Wittboy - Test
Ecowitt WH51 (x6) Soil Moisture Sensor
Ecowitt WH41 PM2.5 AQM Sensor
Ecowitt WH31 (x8) Thermo/Hygro Sensor
Ecowitt WS80 Ultrasonic Anemometer (pre-prod test)
Ecowitt WH57 Lightning Sensor -test
Ecowitt WH32-EP (SHT35) + Davis 7714 Screen
Ecowitt WH45 CO2/PM2.5/PM10 -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Soil Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Water Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN35 Leaf Moisture

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2019, 05:57:12 AM »
I meant to add that if you are really wedded to your old console display you could probably get Lucy to sell you just a new sensor array if you wanted, though as Galfert states the newer sensor arrays are far superior and I would really recommend that you go down that route.
G1ZFO

Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2019, 10:02:39 AM »
I feel that the newest generation Fine Offset clones should last longer than the older generation. That said they still aren't to Davis quality, even though Davis temp/humidity sensors seem to last about 18 months (give or take and there are some lucky exceptions)...but at least with the VP2 that is simple reasonable fix (not so much with the Vue.) The good news also is that the newest generation Fine Offset is easier to maintain and replace parts as they are modular and easily replaced instead of replacing the whole thing. With the newest generation you wouldn't be replacing the whole thing because of how it was designed and built. Of course there is no guarantee.

For comparison take a look at these parts where you have available separate rain, wind direction, wind speed, and thermo/hygro sensor parts (easy), even a replacement base shell with solar panel and PCB and no sensors:
https://www.ambientweather.com/amwewsrepa5.html

For the older generation it was just replace the whole thing unless you knew how to handle a soldering iron and resorted to finding sensors and bearings..etc. on your own. (not easily serviceable):
https://www.ambientweather.com/amwewswestre1.html

A touchscreen does not exist, unless you use a tablet or phone (Android or iOS) with a weather template website running (which requires added software). But the WS-2000 (Ambient) or HP2551 (Ecowitt) or HP2550 (Fine Offset generic part#) display is almost identical to your current display but it is black and has a bit nicer software running on it with more features. Unfortunately your old display is not compatible with the newest sensor array. Maybe your old display is worth something on eBay to recover some cost of the new station.

I agree with Mandrake that Ecowitt is a great option to go with. They will customize exactly the station you want with the correct frequency for your country. You don't need to also get the GW1000 to get on Ecowitt.net as they have announced that pretty soon the HP2551 will gain that ability. But what is unknown at this point is if the HP2551 will also gain the API ability that the GW1000 has. The API allows other weather software to talk to your console and get the data. Much like Mandrakes experience running Cumulus on his old station. Although Cumulus 1 is not compatible you can use alternatives like Meteobridge easily with the API. Soon Ecowitt will release the API and other software will probably become compatible if those developers choose to adopt the API, like Cumulus MX, WeeWx and Weather-Display. But for now the GW1000 is the only one with the API. You can have and run both an HP2551 and a GW1000 and both getting data from the same outdoor sensor array. The HP2551 display might be a bit pricey so you could start with just an GW1000 and a new outdoor sensor array, then add the HP2551 display later, you might miss the display that you are used to but you could see the GW1000 live data on your mobile device (phone or tablet) using the WS View app or pull up Ecowitt.net on a browser. Another future upgrade to do more with the data would be a Meteobridge or other software once they gain the ability to use the GW1000 API.

For completeness it is also possible to today run other weather software than the Meteobridge with the GW1000. Another popular choice is to run WeeWx with the Interceptor driver and this works with any Fine Offset console pretty much so you don't need the GW1000, but it also requires some network changes but it is doable with a Raspberry Pi easily and there is plenty of help regarding this. You can also run Weather-Display software via the Meteobridge. But if you already then have the Meteobridge then it might not make so much sense...unless there is a feature you really like about Weather-Display and so there are options.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 11:16:17 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline Transporterman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2019, 04:55:10 AM »
A lot of stuff to take in!  For now I am going to repair it myself, if it works I might give it away or stick it on Ebay.  Here in the UK they are asking a ridiculous £100 just for a second hand array with no console. 

I only mentioned wanting a touch screen because of the time it takes to enter a router password using buttons and if you get one character wrong you have to do it all again!  ](*,) 

I still think the costs are high, even if I buy a Davis VP2 at £650, I will still have to be replacing parts every 18 months. 

The real truth is I don't care about data in the way you guys do, and I don't really mind what the screen layout looks like either as long as it works to give me fairly accurate wind speed and direction.  I like the rainfall totals too.  All of this being online is great for when I'm away for a few weeks to see if my exposed (and needy) house is either flooding, baking or bits are being blown off! 

One thing that does tempt me with HP2551 is the option of the soil sensors.  8-)  It would be great to know when parts of the garden are drying out in Summer if we are away. 

So if I can't fix my station I may well yet be seduced by your excellent recommendations!

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2019, 05:59:10 AM »
If you are really worried about sensor array components failing regularly then go for the new individual sensor arrays from the Ecowitt HP3501 and combine that with the HP2551 screen.

Just drop Lucy an e-mail at sales@ecowitt.com and say that you've been directed to them. Lucy will give you a UK shipped price.

The new individual sensors are only 6 months old in terms of release and would give you that flexibility you desire should components fail. The costs are not that bad and you may be pleasantly surprised. Currently there is no other way to get this tech in the UK.
G1ZFO

Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2019, 08:31:21 AM »
A lot of stuff to take in!  For now I am going to repair it myself, if it works I might give it away or stick it on Ebay.  Here in the UK they are asking a ridiculous £100 just for a second hand array with no console. 

I only mentioned wanting a touch screen because of the time it takes to enter a router password using buttons and if you get one character wrong you have to do it all again!  ](*,) 

I still think the costs are high, even if I buy a Davis VP2 at £650, I will still have to be replacing parts every 18 months. 

The real truth is I don't care about data in the way you guys do, and I don't really mind what the screen layout looks like either as long as it works to give me fairly accurate wind speed and direction.  I like the rainfall totals too.  All of this being online is great for when I'm away for a few weeks to see if my exposed (and needy) house is either flooding, baking or bits are being blown off! 

One thing that does tempt me with HP2551 is the option of the soil sensors.  8-)  It would be great to know when parts of the garden are drying out in Summer if we are away. 

So if I can't fix my station I may well yet be seduced by your excellent recommendations!

Hello

i read your experiences of WS1001(or Maplin version N23DQ) it all sounded so familiar my maplin version lasted less than a year right from the offset it developed problems and after one summer of high UV here in istanbul it began to turn yellow and the rim of the rain bucket began to break off three months late the wind vane crumbled into dust ! it required constant maintenance some serious issues in design and component use , under heavy fog
the condensation or dew build on the temperature circuit board was very visible when taking apart ,this caused open circuit as dew or condensation becomes conductor across various solder points its the poorly designed circuit board and lack of thought in design.

so if you can justify the cost of a Davis VP2 and do what I did prior to purchase. find a reliable human seller thats contactable via phone there are numerous good resellers and dedicated companies in the UK and present on this forum. So being abroad but I wanted to buy through a native english
speaker supplier (nothing prejudice just when it comes to being technical its good to be fluent and localized). Wherever I chose to buy through I was
going to get hit with a 35% import duty no fault of supplier , so here is what i ddi having same concerns about temperature sensor replacement and being abroad its never going to be a next day fix (shipment) . I contacted a supplier reliable one in the UK before purchasing and negotiated (haggled) if I buy the Davis VP2 would they give me a price reduction on a replacement sensor board (which is take out and plug new one in solution) it wasnt a
bad requests and neither was trying to get the best price I just wanted to buy from a reliable seller and it was more of a reassurance to me and having a spare to hand if and when needed.I got 50% off on the replacement sensor when I ordered at the same time..and its this is easy to install
https://www.davisinstruments.com/product_documents/weather/manuals/07395-243_IM_06930.pdf

i could have got everything cheaper through amazon if I had money savings best price as my motive but i wanted that reassurance in the event of issues arising , all electronics are prone to develop defects and more so due to the nature of this hobby but I can honestly say the £650 is buying you a totally different piece of equipment from the fine offset brands be it old or new ones there is a big difference .

having been exactly where you are now and yes the N23DQ is totally repairable if you have the knowledge there all regular components often can be found through RS or Farnell  and a bit of solder , my old N23DQ is still functional after many many repairs (note functional) but its data is not trustworthy by a long way ..

Its all down to the disposable income and justifying the cost and I honestly say there is a massive difference in build quality and durability .

whats the uk comparison i remember commonly heard the volvo will last forever but the fiat might fall apart after a few years but it looks prettier ..

good luck in your outcome and if you do decide to repair the ND23q youll learn how bad it was actually manufactured but its a hobby and I always take the view when Im ready to throw it away one mans junk is another mans gold ...so I actually never throw it away..brian
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 08:34:43 AM by weather34 »

Offline Transporterman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2019, 10:24:49 AM »
I notice my Maplins unit has turned yellow, but so far it's not degrading.  I did look on RS Components site the other day for the parts but I couldn't find the two analogue sensors I need.  I'll keep trying..

I have emailed Lucy at Ecowitt to see what the costs for their station will work out delivered to the UK.  (Thanks all!)  I haven't chosen one specifically but just told her what I need and see what she comes up with.   

I would like a Davis if it is more reliable but I just can't justify that cost.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 10:26:59 AM by Transporterman »

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2019, 10:36:53 AM »
I notice my Maplins unit has turned yellow, but so far it's not degrading.  I did look on RS Components site the other day for the parts but I couldn't find the two analogue sensors I need.  I'll keep trying..

I have emailed Lucy at Ecowitt to see what the costs for their station will work out delivered to the UK.  (Thanks all!)  I haven't chosen one specifically but just told her what I need and see what she comes up with.   

I would like a Davis if it is more reliable but I just can't justify that cost.

no worries m8 :-) i think under UK uv strengths you are probably ok but i used to think like that about buying a Davis then thought am I going to spend another 200-300 quid in a couple years or just find another interest..but yes I understand not everyone has the flexible disposable income and understanding wifes (i normally offer to take her shoe shopping prior to delivery :grin: ) good luck hope you make the right choice....brian
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 10:38:45 AM by weather34 »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2019, 11:21:56 AM »
Tons of those analog parts available on eBay from multiple sellers (all from China - no surprise). Very cheap too it's less than a $10 fix for both parts including shipping. I just searched. Fix it and sell it or donate it. Get a friend hooked and then show them how much better your new station is.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 11:25:40 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline Transporterman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2019, 04:49:05 PM »
Can you give me any direct links galfert?  I'm not sure of what I'm looking at with electrical parts.  I found the new bearings easily enough by measuring and searching.

My email to Lucy got bounced.  Can someone please check it for me? 

Address not found 
Your message wasn't delivered to sales@ecowitt.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail. 

The response from the remote server was:

552 no such user: sales@ecowitt.com

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2019, 07:03:20 PM »
I listed the analog parts in this post above:
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=32189.msg370209#msg370209

And in that message I also linked to MrM1's post where he found the parts on eBay. Now MrM1's post though were direct links to a particular seller. I suggest instead to just search for the parts on eBay. Then pick the seller you like that has the best shipping for your country....etc.

Essentially these are the parts you need:
HR202L for humidity
NTC-MF52-103/3435 for temperature

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=HR202L
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=NTC-MF52-103%2F3435

« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 07:07:16 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole