Author Topic: Aercus weather ranger (WS 1001 clone) Datas to HOMEWEATHERBOARD How ??  (Read 6712 times)

Offline gillesroszak

• Contributor
  • Qui trop écoute la météo, passe sa vie au bistrot.
    • meteokerbach
Hi, 

My name is Gilles i am 55 years old and i’m from France.
I have had few meteo station for almost 10 years . Recently I bought a WiFi station AERCUS Weatherranger
This station sends directly the datas towards WU.
 I would like to retrieve the datas to send them towards the weatherdashboardV34WF.
I saw on the forum and on the Web site HOMEWEATHERSTATION That it was necessary to modify the file server.ini being on the weatherstation. But I don’t  know exactly how to do it.
The url of my site is http://www.meteokerbach.fr and the path towards the file that contain weatherdashboardV34WF is http://www.meteokerbach.fr/pws
How to modify the file (below)

[Menu]
default=www.wunderground.com
web=1
web1=www.wunderground.com
web2=www.meteokerbach.fr/pws ??

[www.wunderground.com]
Server=yourserver.com Host server Adress or my website adress or wunderground server adress??
ServerType=php
ServerPort=80
UploadType=Customize
ReadOnly=true

[www.meteokerbach.fr]
Server=yourserver.com My host server adress or my web site adress ??
ServerType=php
ServerPort=80
UploadType=Customize
ReadOnly=true

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards

Gilles

Offline gillesroszak

• Contributor
    • meteokerbach
Sorry i forget to tell you that the firmware of the station is the 2.3.1. should i update it

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
Hi
yes, you may have to update the firmware
try that and see if that resolves it
(I am interested to know myself)

Offline gillesroszak

• Contributor
    • meteokerbach
OK waiukuweather i'll do it but for the servers name can you help me ??

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
try
www.meteokerbach.fr
note, that updateweatherstation.php file needs to be in a remote directory, called, weatherstation
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:09:10 PM by waiukuweather »

Offline gillesroszak

• Contributor
    • meteokerbach
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:17:08 PM by gillesroszak »

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
I think you will find you need the weathwerstation directory, with the .php script, in the root directory
i.e not above the pws directory
(and then set the URL as www.meteokerbach.fr )

Offline gillesroszak

• Contributor
    • meteokerbach
OK i'l will try that and i'll tell you

Offline Aussie Susan

If you want to go the Weewx path, I have written a driver for the WS1001 clones that will communicate over the network with the console and you can then do what you like with the data.
I have a Raspberry Pi running the Weewx app that talks to the console. The console sends the data directly to Weather Underground and Weewx sends the data to UK Met offices Weather Observation Website as well as my own web site (with the Weewx generated reports).
Susan

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
he still needs to get at least the current method working though

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
good morning

ws1001 clones

1. as above mentioned  weatherstation folder needs to be in root directory   so the main updateweatherstation.php file that does everything reads
meteokerbach.fr/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php

2. as most people already have a main website in there root directory so easiest way around that is to create a sub domain
example  weather.meteokerbach.fr   so the final destination would be  weather.meteokerbach.fr/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php

example server.ini ws1001 clones dont need addtional software to communicate to a server , however using software has benefits to produce max,min,averages,historical data .

example using the sub domain

[Menu]
default=www.wunderground.com
web=1
web1=www.wunderground.com
web2=www.weather.meteokerbach.fr

[www.wunderground.com]
Server=www.weather.meteokerbach.fr
ServerType=php
ServerPort=80
UploadType=Customize
ReadOnly=true

[www.weather.meteokerbach.fr ]
Server=weather.meteokerbach.fr
ServerType=php
ServerPort=80
UploadType=Customize
ReadOnly=true

remember in the console you can switch between the two to see what one works , different server setups react differently some respond to using www and some don't due to configuration of server.

always wait aprox 60 seconds for connection after changing and rebooted .  remember also the updateweatherstation.php will automatically forward on your data to weather underground so you dont lose that facility unless your server goes down for some reason.

this simple line does the weather underground update in updateweatherstation.php

$wunderground = file_get_contents("https://rtupdate.wunderground.com/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php?" . $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']);
echo $wunderground;

if you get totally stuck please drop me an email 99% of the time its gets resolved , just getting the server.ini file setup correctly is all you have to do.

*note some times after editing the server.ini on your desktop and uploading back to the console does not work due to a file permission , so the changes are not recognised ,so the guaranteed but long way of doing it is the SDCARD method .

firmware 2.33 to the latest 2.3.7 all work fine for this method.

hope it helps ..brian

Offline gillesroszak

• Contributor
    • meteokerbach
Wow Your answer is very clear and complete Brian and i thank you for that..
So i have to update the firmware to at least 2.3.3 version. But on the AERCUS web site there is only the 2.3.1 firmware to download. Where can i find the last one.

Offline gillesroszak

• Contributor
    • meteokerbach
thanks waiukuweather.
Do you know if i can update using a PC with USB connection.
The new firmware is for ambient weather ws1001 wifi mine pws is a clone (AERCUS weather ranger) is it a problem.

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
normally you upgrade via the SDCard

I think the clone will work
but do not quote me
maybe do some google searches if other owners of your model it worked for, or similar?

Offline gillesroszak

• Contributor
    • meteokerbach
Hi guys

Still a little help please.
When i go to the link http://www.meteokerbach.fr/pws  where  the file index php is, no dashboard is displayed only text.
Where is the problem. Did i miss something.

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Hi,
this file is missing on your server:

http://www.meteokerbach.fr/pws/css/main.color.css

Offline gillesroszak

• Contributor
    • meteokerbach
 OK Jáchym  where can i fine this file ?

Offline gillesroszak

• Contributor
    • meteokerbach
Found it Thanks Jáchym and have a good day

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
You´re welcome

Offline gillesroszak

• Contributor
    • meteokerbach
I just have to modify the file server.ini, update the firmware(2.3.1 to 2.4.1) and transfer the datas from the station now.

Is that right ?

Offline gillesroszak

• Contributor
    • meteokerbach
Hi guys

A question please.
Before updating the firmware of my Weather Ranger, can i modify the files update.ini and main.ini as follows  (line with * ):

main.ini
[Main]
Title=WeatherRanger
Version=2.3.8
Update Time=2015-01-01 12:00:00

[Option]
WH26=false
Transmitter=WH24
Frequency=433M
Units=English
Langue=English
TimeZone=37
LuxToWM2=1267
UVISlope=100
Backlight=false
Brightness=false
StationID= My wunderground station ID*
Password=My wunderground password*

Update.ini
[Main]
Version=2.3.8
Update Time=2015-01-01 12:00:00
Hardware=2.0
Initialize=true
Update=all
Delete=all
DeleteParam=false
DeleteDatabase=true  false*

[Delete]
;file1=EasyWeather.exe
;file2=Themes\

[Update]
;file1=EasyWeather.exe
;file2=Themes\

Thanks in advance

Offline gillesroszak

• Contributor
    • meteokerbach
If you want to go the Weewx path, I have written a driver for the WS1001 clones that will communicate over the network with the console and you can then do what you like with the data.
I have a Raspberry Pi running the Weewx app that talks to the console. The console sends the data directly to Weather Underground and Weewx sends the data to UK Met offices Weather Observation Website as well as my own web site (with the Weewx generated reports).
Susan

that can be interesting
Can you explain a little more please I'm a newbie.

Offline Aussie Susan

Susan

that can be interesting
Can you explain a little more please I'm a newbie.
Not sure what else I can add. If you don't know WeeWx then I suggest that you read up on it.
I bought a WS1001 clone from a store he in Australia and it seemed to be working nicely to send data to WU by itself. I also wanted to send data to the Weather Observations Website (WOW) but I could never get that to work.
The next step was to try to send the data to something local (and this is where I learned about WeeWx) so  could forward it on from there. However the drivers for WeeWx that communicated with the console all seemed to get 'tricky' with snooping on the data from the console and trying to interpret that.
I then found a program for my iMac called EasyWeather that "magically" talked directly to the console (even while it was sending data to WU) and I tracked that down to a direct (WiFi) connection to the console.
Therefore I put "2 and 2" together and developed a WeeWx driver that used the same mechanism to interrogate the data on the console directly. This also gave me access to additional information such as the inside temperature and humidity.
This approach does NOT require any setup of the console BUT it does require that you have a computer to run the WeeWx base software that is on the same network subnet as the console. As written (at the moment anyway), my driver starts by sending broadcast messages on the network interface using the broadcast mask for its subnet. The console then responds with its IP address, the driver then makes the connection and starts polling for the data at regular intervals.
As I said, I use a (headless) Raspberry Pi that can easily run WeeWx and can also run a web server (I used Ngnix) that can be accessed externally (with all of the necessary protections and firewalls etc in place). Of course you can use any computer that can run WeeWx but I wanted this to run continuously so I wanted something that had a fairly low power draw.
Susan

Offline gillesroszak

• Contributor
    • meteokerbach
Hi Susan,

Thanks for your reply.

But there is a problem for me.  I think weewx is a soft who run on Linux and not on windows. is that right

anything