Author Topic: Blocked Message From NOAA  (Read 970 times)

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
    • Carolina StormWatch Weather
Blocked Message From NOAA
« on: April 17, 2017, 12:15:37 PM »
Hi I received the attached message from NOAA/NWS this Morning which apparently blocks me from use of any of my use of their products. My website is at www.carolinastormwatch.com

My links from the USA Templates by Ken are all blocked. What should I do to correct the Client ID IP block to fix this problem? Is it related to the HTA_Access File?

Another question that has bugged me for weeks is the links in my fly-out menu are not fitting to inside the different Page links;  the information is all over the screen. I have always been able to modify the width of the "narrow" and "wide" CSS body sizes by just changing the body width to 1100px instead of eg. "800px" in the CSS. The 800px in the narrow version is just a little small and the wide is just wayy too wide for most Computer screens now adays. Now I have a couple of very bad issues I have to get corrected. Any help would be sooo appreciated!! Again the website is at www.carolinastormwatch.com/index.php  and the attached file is the results of a debug of the NOAA Issue.  ](*,)
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Blocked Message From NOAA
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 04:23:50 PM »
The note says the client IP address is 70.40.115.207 ( which is in the 70.40.64.0/18 range for Atlantic Telephone Membership Corp., registered for Shallotte, NC, USA), so I'm guessing that is not your website address (216.251.43.11), but your local IP address at home.  So, something you're doing at home is triggering the action from http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/d13_fill.gif access .. maybe fetching it too often via a script??

Unrelated to the block issue, you website may need updates, but your current check-fetch-times.php is very old and can't do the version test.  I suggest you download a fresh copy from here, and upload to your site. Then running check-fetch-times.php?show=versions will reveal all the core scripts that need update.

Using the ctrl-shift-K debugger, I found the following:

a 404 for http://www.carolinastormwatch.com/ajax-images/Fire0.png (missing image)
and a 404 for the Plotter.php app on weather.gov (I suggest you remove that.. it's not working, and it does an access to the weather.gov site for EVERY index.php page load by anybody.. not good).

Regarding "Another question that has bugged me for weeks is the links in my fly-out menu are not fitting to inside the different Page links;  the information is all over the screen. ", I'm not seeing/understanding the problem you're observing.  Can you take a screen snapshot of the issue and post it?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 04:33:27 PM by saratogaWX »
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 07:51:11 PM »
Thanks for your Professional help Ken. I have attached several shots of the way my wx,,,,.php Page links appear on my site. A couple are top and other bottom shots with a regular screen shot. Anyway, if you missed what I noted earlier about editing the width of the wide and narrow .CSS files b/c of the size of each page being too narrow or too wide to 1100px. This has always worked as long as I have been using the templates; 8 years but apparently there is a change in the coding now that prevents me from doing this.

Also, the blocked issue with the Fire0 image wouldn't load for a couple weeks. It has been loading the image for several days now so I'm not sure why I am just now having receiving this issue because this is not an issue with NOAA is it??

Sorry, I am lacking in my abilities and knowledge with most of these newer codes and how to work with them. I feel so frustrated that sometimes I feel like maybe should forget about the website but.....I just can't pull the plug right now. If you have an issue with Understanding the pics please let me know. Some of the most extreme shots are the botto of the page and the top half of the pages with the most extreme looks.

I talked to another person who has website and he said the NOAA sites were down yesterday Morning and that was the first issue I had. I didn't see a post about that so I didn't know it was system wide. It self corrected itself.

Thanks
Tom
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 11:03:45 AM by stormwatch »
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 08:08:21 AM »
FIXED!!!!!!!