Author Topic: HP1000 getting weather data into website  (Read 2226 times)

Offline raedh

HP1000 getting weather data into website
« on: August 26, 2016, 04:52:40 PM »
I have HP1000 and need to upload weather data to website(ASP.NET)  instead of wunderground, in the past i was using cumulus with WS2080 and was parsing realtime.txt to get my weather data and with HP1000 I have no idea how it send data to WU and how to change destination, I appreciate any idea or any available approaches to send data directly from station to my website.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 04:55:21 PM by raedh »

Offline Aussie Susan

Re: HP1000 getting weather data into website
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 11:03:05 PM »
I have a weather station that is supposed to be the same (but with a different name). However it does the same thing in terms of passing the data straight to VW over the Internet.
Have a look at some of the internet posts about the WS1001 (which I think is another clone of the same system) and the upgrades to 2.2.9 which I think will let you do what you want.
I'm in the same situation (want to go via my own system and not direct to VW) but I've not convinced myself enough that the firmware upgrade will work and let me do this (and also how to roll back if I need to).
Susan

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 04:53:37 AM »
I have a weather station that is supposed to be the same (but with a different name). However it does the same thing in terms of passing the data straight to VW over the Internet.
Have a look at some of the internet posts about the WS1001 (which I think is another clone of the same system) and the upgrades to 2.2.9 which I think will let you do what you want.
I'm in the same situation (want to go via my own system and not direct to VW) but I've not convinced myself enough that the firmware upgrade will work and let me do this (and also how to roll back if I need to).
Susan

hi

you dont actually need to do a firmware upgrade to get this ws1001 clone to send data to your web server be it local or hosted .

all you have to do is connect the console to windows machine and it will appear as another hard drive or device , simply click the device in file finder and it will open up
just like a hard disk then all you need to do is drag the server.ini file onto your desktop , save a copy somewhere the edit the server.ini file in a simple textedit program.
then drag it back over.

it would look like this

[Menu]
default=www.aussiesusan.com
web=1
web1=www.aussiesusan.com
web2=www.yourserver.com

[www.aussiesusan.com]
Server=aussiesusan.com
ServerType=php
ServerPort=80
UploadType=Customize
ReadOnly=true

[www.yourserver.com]
Server=yourserver.com
ServerType=php
ServerPort=80
UploadType=Customize
ReadOnly=true

reboot machine

before you do all that make a folder in your root directory on server called  weatherstation

so you would endup with for example http://aussiesusan.com/weatherstation

inside that folder place the files in zip file attached

remember to change the timzezone in the updateweatherstation.php to your timezone
date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Istanbul');

if all is well then the ws1001.json file will be updating every 16 seconds

{"timestamp":1472460482,"updated":"11:48:02","outsideTemp":"77.9","outsideHumidity":"70","humiditytrend":"70","dewpoint":"67.5",
"dewpointtrend":"67.5","windchill":"77.9","heatindex":79.9,"humidindex":72.3,"realfeel":78.7,"windDir":"250","windSpeed":"7.4",
"windGust":"9.8","rainrate":"0.00","raintoday":"0.00","rainweek":"0.00","rainmonth":"0.01","rainyear":"18.33",
"radiation":"204.44","UV":"3","UVtrend":"3","indoorTemp":"80.4","indoorfeel":81.2,"indoorHumidity":"66",
"barometer":"29.96","absbarometer":"29.70","indoortrendTemp":"80.4","indoortrendHumidity":"66","trendTemp":"77.9",
"windtrend":"7.4","windgusttrend":"9.8","trendbarometer":"29.96","solartrend":"204.44","softwaretype":"ISTANBUL161 V2.2.5","month":"August","year":"2016","day":"Monday","realtime":"1","rtfreq":"5","status":"updateraw",
"timeutc":"2016-8-29 8:48:0","power":true}

the ws1001 clones dont need a computer to run 24/7 to do this it is self sufficient . however you can now also use weather-display http://www.weather-display.com/index.php software to store more data for historical purposes and expand the capability even further.

it is really one of the simplest modification you can do and as I said above it doesn't require a full firmware upgrade to do it. Im still on 2.2.5 ...

here is a live version of WS1001 clone http://weather34.com

73's ..... -..-. ----. / .. -. / .. ... - .- -. -... ..- .-.

been a long time since i used morse code probably couldn't do more than 15 wpm now...

Offline Aussie Susan

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 11:30:21 PM »
I'm not sure about the OP but I certainly thank you for the correction and for the informative post.
Love the domain name - might look in to that as well :shock:.
Susan VK3ANZ
(PS: 'L' is .-..)

Offline Eremite

• meteonerola
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 12:18:00 PM »
I modified the server.ini in this way but nothing comes on my site nor on wunderground
[Menu]
default=www.meteonerola.it
web=1
web1=www.meteonerola.it
web=2
web2=www.wunderground.com

[www.meteonerola.it]
Server=ftp.meteonerola.it
ServerType=php
ServerPort=80
UploadType=Customize
ReadOnly=true