Author Topic: The Warming Climate  (Read 54238 times)

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: The Warming Climate
« Reply #525 on: July 08, 2017, 01:15:32 PM »
Who remembers the 70', the prediction of the BIG Freeze, global cooling alarmism was the flavour of the day, the new ice age was coming, extreme weather events were signs of the man made pollution was blamed as the cause, the alarmists have apparently now done a full 180 and yes they were called "climate experts" back then as well :)

Yup!!  :)  And here in Western Canada we are breaking all sorts of heat records daily (some of which are over 110 years old!), and the climate change folks are saying - "See:  more proof that human activity is causing this!"  To that I say:  what about a hundred years ago?  Was that also human caused??  Cycles, people; these things go  in cycles.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #526 on: July 08, 2017, 01:20:55 PM »

Cycles, people; these things go  in cycles.

Exactly, but you can't get through to those with an agenda. I know one thing, it's nice now here in the USA to be able to look up and not see all those "trails" in the sky everyday.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 01:22:26 PM by DoctorKnow »

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #527 on: July 08, 2017, 02:47:32 PM »
no one said the climate does not go in cycles
re the 100 years ago
you are missing the point
100 years ago there was still the odd outlier in extreme condtions
as there is now
but you have a Y offset now added to those outliers, ie the background warming trend, and so those original outliers (i.e when all the ducks are lined up with the weather pattern to break a record) are getting broken

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #528 on: July 08, 2017, 04:16:38 PM »
Cycles.  Like the Barrier reef die-off.  Human caused right?  Then explain the multiple times it has happened before.  Or desertification and regeneration.  Look - I am no  climate denier and am all for things like electric vehicles  and less pollution (although the two don't always go hand-in -hand...) but I kinda lose it when  we  are bombarded by those who either say do nothing and "burn baby burn"  (Rhymes with Drumpf) and those who play Chicken Little every time there is an adverse weather or climate event.  This stuff has been going on for thousands of millennia.  And will do so long after Kim blows up everything.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #529 on: July 08, 2017, 04:33:00 PM »
and again no one has said that the corals have not died off before
the problem currently is the rate of change, nature is having  hard time adapting and catching up

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #530 on: July 08, 2017, 04:48:13 PM »
and again no one has said that the corals have not died off before
the problem currently is the rate of change, nature is having  hard time adapting and catching up

I always missed the "thumbs up" smiley on this forum :D If there was one I would just post it now, thats exactly the problem, not the absolute values, the rate of change.

Analogy: I am 99% sure that if humans had millions of years to colonize Mars, we would over time get used to that environment without any need for any special suits etc. But if I just dropped you there now you probably wouldnt survive for very long...

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #531 on: July 08, 2017, 07:37:21 PM »
Well at least sheep have worked out a good use for wind turbines  =D> some very expensive shade that from something producing zero energy during the hottest part of the year

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #532 on: July 08, 2017, 08:20:35 PM »
Cool (pun not intended!) picture!!  :)

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #533 on: July 08, 2017, 08:23:03 PM »
Recently I've been involved in replacing CFL and regular incandescent (and some std. fluorescent) bulbs in a large building.  I simply cannot believe the speed of payout and the associated reduction in electricity use, regardless of how that power was generated.  Trump could probably meet the USA Paris goals just by mandating LED bulbs. Of course they come at a cost, too.  Like solar panels.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #534 on: July 08, 2017, 08:31:21 PM »
Regular bulbs were banned here in EU several yrs ago, you now have to use either LEDs or the energy saving ones.

With regards to wind power - wind power is just one type of renewable energy. If you install it in an appropriate location, it will be quite useful. If it is installed at inappropriate, i.e. calm location, then it is not a problem of wind power plants as such, but with the fact whoever decided this was an idiot :D

If you live in a hot, sunny and calm area, then a more appropriate could be eg. solar panels etc. It is also about efficient energy grids and the way this renewable energy is distributed.

But you cannot generalize this and say that wind power is useless. It is only useless if you install it in places where it shouldnt be installed.

Just like building a coal power plant in a place where coal is N/A and then saying that coal powerplants are useless because this fuelless one is not generating anything

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #535 on: July 08, 2017, 08:50:12 PM »
Wind is transient.  Ergo, you need storage.  Lead acid batteries.  And guess where they come from?  Wind is fine for supplemntal but I think other than a few places it is a non-starter.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #536 on: July 08, 2017, 08:55:22 PM »
I use the LED bulbs. They have dropped the light bill dramatically, and they put out better lighting. Win/Win!

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #537 on: July 08, 2017, 09:17:31 PM »
I am not naive, I know that in near future, renewables will not be able to fully replace other sources. In some locations yes, and there are also ways of storing the energy in an environment friendly way, nevertheless I know it will take long time before the efficiency and distribution mechanism allow us to fully use this. Until then I see nuclear power plants as temporary solution and maybe in not so far future all our problems will be solved thanks to tokamak

Offline railrode1

« Reply #538 on: August 08, 2017, 11:28:02 AM »
Maybe the best thing to concentrate on then is the population growth, which is in fact becoming unsupportable

Exactly... How many fish can fit in a bucket of water before they all suffocate. Population growth can contribute to "global warming". More resources are consumed by more people = more waste, and then most of them have 2+ offspring to roughly double the numbers. At some point, humans will need to limit population for the planet to sustain life...
Davis Vantage Pro2 + Wireless

Offline tbrasel

• Contributor
    • Northwest Arkansas Weather.com
« Reply #539 on: April 20, 2018, 02:08:19 PM »
We need rejuvenate this thread. Especially since this just might be the coldest spring EVER recorded for over 75% of the USA. A warming climate sounds nice now !!
Best Regards
tbrasel

Bentonville Arkansas, USA
Hardware: Davis 6153 - Wireless Vantage Pro2 with FARS
Software: VWS V15.00

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #540 on: April 20, 2018, 02:43:11 PM »
How 'bout if I change the Subject to "The Changing Climate"? :)

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #541 on: April 20, 2018, 02:46:44 PM »
but the USA is not the globe (i.e its global warming, i.e average of the whole globe)
and also more extremes in the climate/weather has been predicted (due to the jet stream getting stuck or displaced into different locations (e.g the polar vortex)
also the Arctic has had a warmer than normal winter and spring (because the cold air moved into Canada/USA instead)
so you need to look at the bigger picture, instead of what is happening in your location only
(other parts of the world have had their hottest summer just gone and warmest start to the year, to balance things out)

Offline tbrasel

• Contributor
« Reply #542 on: April 20, 2018, 03:28:40 PM »
I absolutely agree with...

this other parts of the world have had their hottest summer just gone and warmest start to the year, to balance things out

Meanwhile, common sense tells me the above statement blows a big hole in any global warming, or global cooling theory, or narrative.
Best Regards
tbrasel

Offline tbrasel

• Contributor
« Reply #543 on: April 20, 2018, 03:34:23 PM »
I just wish for warmer weather, in my local area, so it does not offend anyone else  :roll:
Best Regards
tbrasel

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #544 on: April 20, 2018, 03:46:44 PM »
check out
http://models.weatherbell.com/climate/ncep_cfsr_t2m_anom.png
to show that the colder than normal over North America is not a universal problem

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #545 on: April 21, 2018, 12:21:31 AM »
you might like to view this web site
https://climate.nasa.gov/

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #546 on: April 21, 2018, 01:18:52 AM »
The rorters are loving this mongering, closing down coal fired just to be subsidized for alternatives then being able to inflate power prices many fold, there is only one name for his and it's called greed, not a dam thing to do with anything else.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #547 on: May 29, 2018, 03:52:44 PM »
A buddy sent me this today, thought I'd share. Careful with the volume, they put in annoying breaking glass sounds... :roll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICGal_8qI8c

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #548 on: May 29, 2018, 04:19:29 PM »
its not as simple as he is making out
he comes across as pseudo science...thinking if its sounds good, it must be true

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #549 on: May 29, 2018, 04:25:23 PM »
This professor is talking about  falsehood of demonizing Co2. [youtube]https://youtu.be/4YMttEhtgpk[/youtube]
Randy

anything