Author Topic: A question about page preferences and settings  (Read 2583 times)

Offline lopezcalling

A question about page preferences and settings
« on: September 06, 2011, 03:57:29 PM »
Hello, I'm new to WU and getting used to the look and feel of my station page for my station KWALOPEZ2. Kind of clunky, I must say. Is it possible to flip the Tabular Data around so that the oldest data is at the bottom of the page? I don't understand how useful it is to have the newest data a few or more clicks away. I'd like to have the newest data in front of me at the top of the page if possible. Also, the little Google map does not save my preferences. I think this may be a widespread complaint. And last but not least, can someone tell me if the MADIS id is the same (exact same) as my CWOP identifier which is DW7371? Thanks..

Offline neondesert

• Forecaster
    • http://www.neondesertweather.com
Re: A question about page preferences and settings
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 06:51:23 PM »
Hello, I'm new to WU and getting used to the look and feel of my station page for my station KWALOPEZ2. Kind of clunky, I must say. Is it possible to flip the Tabular Data around so that the oldest data is at the bottom of the page? I don't understand how useful it is to have the newest data a few or more clicks away. I'd like to have the newest data in front of me at the top of the page if possible.
Yes it's a fairly simple fix.  Just left click on the Time column in the table and it will change the way the table is sorted. To reverse this just click on the heading again. 
You can change the sort on any of the columns, btw.  ;)

Also, the little Google map does not save my preferences. I think this may be a widespread complaint.
if you are referring to the WunderMap page, at the top right (on the opposite side of the search bar) there is a save preferences link.  I just tried it and it is working for me.

And last but not least, can someone tell me if the MADIS id is the same (exact same) as my CWOP identifier which is DW7371? Thanks..
The MADIS ID would be the full CWOP ID minus the second letter.  For example, yours would be D7371.
Larry
"But it's a DRY Heat!"

Offline lopezcalling

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 09:58:38 PM »
thank you very much everybody, I will apply those fixes right away. I can tell I'm going to be depending on this board. I used to export my data to CWOP and to the PWS site which is run out of Grants Pass, Oregon. This WU site has extremely similar graphics. Maybe they buy from the same people. The graphics on the PWS site are smoothed much better, maybe the resolution is not as fine as the WU site. Anyway, thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it.

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 10:31:39 PM »
This may not need to be mentioned, but be sure to sign in to rid yourself of the ads and keep your favorite Station on banner.