Author Topic: Multiple stations on same frequency  (Read 431 times)

Offline danoh

• AmbientCWOP.com
  • Contributor
    • AmbientCWOP
Multiple stations on same frequency
« on: September 29, 2018, 07:36:00 PM »
First post - welcome!

I've searched a bit and can't find anything conclusive, but it's quite possible I'm just lacking the necessary coffee intake for today.

I had a WS1002-WIFI sensor array go bad, so I purchased another.  No problem here.  In the interim, I put a new WS2902A in it's place so that my feed to WeatherUnderground would not be interrupted.  Working great!

I've noticed the WS2902A is a lot more accurate on light w/m2 and also wind direction/speed.

I said all that to say this, haha:

I'd like to run BOTH the WS1002 and WS2902 side-by-side so I can compare both units' readings simultaneously.

The problem I'm having, I think, is that they are both 915 MHz units.  Sometimes my WS2902 display actually latches onto the WS1002 sensor array.  If I have just the WS2902 display active, I can latch onto the WS2902 sensor array.  the second I plug in the WS1002 display, I start losing packets from the WS2902, and vise versa.

Smaller property, so I really can't physically separate the two sensor units, unfortunately.

One would think that each sensor array would have a uniquie sensor-id or something transmitted along with the data packets so that the display units would only listen to the programmed array whilst ignoring all other arrays on the same frequency -- but that wouldn't solve simultaneous transmissions from arrays being "walked on" each other.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks to get two 915 MHz sensor arrays to work close together simultaneously?

Thanks much for the protips!

« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 07:39:35 PM by danoh »
Ambient Weather station CWOP connector: AmbientCWOP.com

Offline danoh

• AmbientCWOP.com
  • Contributor
    • AmbientCWOP
Re: Multiple stations on same frequency
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 07:20:50 AM »
I have both running now comparing data between the two.

I'm not sure exactly what I did to get it working  :lol:  I guess I just reset the 2902 array enough times where the transmissions didn't overlap with the 1002 array.

I had to move my 2902 display console to another location.  The 2902 will not pick up signal from the array even though the 1002 array works fine in the exact same location.

Not planning on running both in parallel for more than a week, just wanted to compare readings from the two.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 08:07:24 AM »
Danoh,
Neat, can you share your WU IDs so we can see the comparison?
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline danoh

• AmbientCWOP.com
  • Contributor
    • AmbientCWOP
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 08:09:40 AM »
Only one is on WU, so you wouldn't see anything with which to compare.

anything