Author Topic: WMR88 Rain Gauge  (Read 2739 times)

Offline Phipps

WMR88 Rain Gauge
« on: September 10, 2018, 08:25:47 PM »
My rain gauge has stopped working. I have replaced the batteries, reset the rain gauge and the base station but it’s still not connecting.

Any suggestions what it might be?

Thanks,

Gary

Offline trevmm

Re: WMR88 Rain Gauge
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 04:31:36 PM »
Gary, try replacing one or other of the parts if separate, ie' the gauge itself or the power unit / solar panel, mine are separate and replacing one or the other usually fixes it, you could also try the "reset" on the weather station and rescan for it.

Note: WMR88 rain gauge has been replaced by WMR89 - if you intend to change it or upgrade check the version of OS in it is the same or compatible with your sensor / weather station

Offline Phipps

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 10:18:16 PM »
Thanks. I have found the rain gauge, PCR800, online but it’s not cheap. Almost more cost effective to just upgrade my complete station.

One thing I haven’t tried is moving the base station, although it’s been in its current location for quite a while with no issues.

Offline trevmm

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 05:33:20 AM »
Looks like it's $32 on the web site, must still be much cheaper than a full weather station though, mine cost around $300, does the red led on the power unit / solar panel come on every few minutes? did you try resetting the weather station?

anything