Author Topic: WeatherUndergound has removed PWS history pages  (Read 1679 times)

Offline KSR

WeatherUndergound has removed PWS history pages
« on: November 27, 2017, 09:03:17 AM »
WeatherUnderground announced that they will no longer accept new Webcams but one they didn't announce was the elimination of PWS history pages. If you click "HISTORY" on any PWS page, it now displays historical data for the nearest airport. I wrote WU customer support concerning this change and asked them to please restore the PWS history pages but unfortunately they will not reply........WU's new format is a colossal FAIL for its users.

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
Re: WeatherUndergound has removed PWS history pages
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 11:12:04 AM »
Don't know where you are looking, but I went to my station and the history is still showing up.  I went back to 2006 and it is all there.

Mark
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather

Offline KSR

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 11:31:50 AM »
Just to clarify this is related to PWSs only. In our specific case (PWS ID - KTXBRENH20) we used to be able to click on the PWS ID in the forecast page and that would take you to our PWS history.

The end result is a server error

PWS FORECAST https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/tx/brenham/KTXBRENH20?theprefset=EXPFCT&theprefvalue=0
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 11:33:38 AM by KSR »

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 11:35:41 AM »
Your links took me right to your station's history. :?:

Mark
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

Offline KSR

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 11:50:37 AM »
OK......this is exactly why forums exist. Crowd sourcing.

Since several replies indicated they were able to see their PWS histories and ours also it became obvious that there's a glitch somewhere. 99% of our online activity is via mobile devices. With that in mind we jumped over to our PC to see if the issue still exists. Lo and behold.....the history popped up on our PC. Given that revelation we went back to our mobile devices, selected "Request Desktop Site" and refreshed our browser......the history appeared.

So the problem occurs only when mobile devices are trying to display in a mobile format......temp solution for mobile devices is to select "Request Desktop Site".

I'll forward this to WU and hopefully they'll fix the issue.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 11:57:26 AM »
In WU page selecting your location KTXBREND20 gives https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KTXBRENH20 and there your history is available from October 15, 2013

And correct, from the link you provided the history is for airport/K11R https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/K11R/2017/11/27/DailyHistory.html?cm_ven=localwx_history

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline NanoWx

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 09:10:29 AM »
Wonder at times if wu is being or has been hacked. Recently seeing data pts go missing over course of a day, using WXDailyHistory.asp interface.

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 03:39:03 PM »
WU is now little more than an IBM afterthought.  Big Blue is busy gutting WU and soon there will be nothing left but a bunch of personal weather station owners feeding data for little to no compensation.  The original deal was that we give them data in return for a usable, interesting website.  They have completely defaulted on their part of that bargain.  They've "downsized" nearly everything, fired staff, pulled numerous features and what is left is extremely buggy.  A couple more years of this (if it lasts that long) and nobody will remember or care what Weather Underground once was.