Author Topic: Vanatge Vue L'Ile Perrot, Quebec  (Read 1236 times)

Offline valleyweather

• valleyweather
Vanatge Vue L'Ile Perrot, Quebec
« on: July 29, 2014, 11:49:48 AM »
Hello, here is my Vanatge Vue. I am very pleased with most of my data, however I find accurate wind measurements a problem. I may try to raise it a little, but the trees and other structures around our neighborhood make it rather difficult. Temperature and rainfall are perfect.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:06:22 PM by valleyweather »

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Re: Vanatge Vue L'Ile Perrot, Quebec
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 12:07:57 PM »
I have a similiar issue with wind as many do. But you can look at it this way the wind measured in our neighborhoods is real and much more realistic what most experience. The 10 meter (33') anemometer at the airports with no obstructions is unrealistic for most but I guess they had to come up with some standard.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:09:45 PM by ValentineWeather »
Randy

Offline valleyweather

• valleyweather
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 02:02:55 PM »
A valid point, very true, thanks. As I said I am very happy with the unit, accurate and reliable with a good interface. Much better than the Accurite I had before.

Offline MeteoQc

• Meteo Rimouski
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 10:15:18 PM »
Hello, here is my Vanatge Vue. I am very pleased with most of my data, however I find accurate wind measurements a problem. I may try to raise it a little, but the trees and other structures around our neighborhood make it rather difficult. Temperature and rainfall are perfect.

Uh oh... salut confrère! De Rimouski...  :grin:

J'ai eu la Vue aussi, elle a tendance a 'spinner' dans tout les sens lorsqu'elle n'est pas montée assez haut. La Vantage Pro2 ne fait pas ça.

Lâche pas! ;)

Fred

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 10:36:16 AM »
MeteoQc I have never heard of that before but it does make sense that the wind direction would be more erratic with the Vue.

anything