Author Topic: temperature & humidity data logging  (Read 1034 times)

Offline pwbirdsall

temperature & humidity data logging
« on: December 09, 2015, 09:56:59 AM »
I am interested in setting up a "weather station" at my home, but am interested in recording (logging) the data as having real time display to the internet.
(Ideally, write to Excel or CSV file). I'm more than willing to buy retail, but don't want to get locked into a package that doesn't fit my goals.

Is it possible to set up a PC to read their sensor (592TXR / 06002RM) directly? Rather than their proprietary AcuLink "bridge"? Does anyone do "open source" programming of the weather station hardware?

I've had several Acurite display+sensor store kits for many years. Some of the newer ones are compatible with their AcuLink "Internet Bridge", so I'd like to be able to link these to the new system. I also have some Cisco monitor cameras that I'd consider linking to this rather than running each separately.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: temperature & humidity data logging
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 10:33:11 AM »
There are a couple new threads on this - using SDR (software defined radio) to read the transmissions from the weather stations.  Search is your friend.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

anything