Author Topic: Base-USA nws-alerts-details-inc.php updated - show station loc on alert map  (Read 267 times)

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
If the NWS issues an alert with geometries, the script already displays a map of the alert area.
This update to Base-USA template now shows a green pin over the station's location (based on Settings.php entries for latitude, longitude, and cityname)

The update has 3 files (nws-alerts-details-inc V1.09, nws-alerts-config.php V1.05 (needs your customization) and alert-images/location.png).

Available on the updates page and for non-template use, on the GitHub distribution

I've attached a screenshot of how it looks (using a test version)
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
Ken, I did the update but then got a message at the top of my site stating I needed to run a cron job, which I have been doing already.

I have since reverted back to the files that were working, just wonder if you have an idea of why?
I did wait for the cron job to "cycle" but no change.

https://lakehuronweather.org

CW3699

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
If you just replaced with the updated nws-alerts-config.php, then it has a default of $noCron = true;

To use a cron, that setting has to be $noCron = false;

Copy corresponding settings from your old nws-alerts-config.php to the new copy (which has more settings), then upload the updated copy.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
Oh Ken, thanks.
I missed the nocron setting  ](*,).
Got it sorted just fine, thanks again Ken.  [tup]

CW3699

anything