Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 184385 times)

Offline leoschulz

• Riding the Natchez Trace Parkway
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #1000 on: October 29, 2018, 02:03:06 PM »
The only thing I know is that I am running Weatherlink 6.0.3.  I did find a Weatherlink 5.0.?? in the machine, I uninstalled it. I don't know if that helped my data.  How do I change the way I upload data to CWOP and WU?  Thanks  Leo, Newport, OR

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1001 on: October 29, 2018, 03:36:15 PM »
The only thing I know is that I am running Weatherlink 6.0.3.  I did find a Weatherlink 5.0.?? in the machine, I uninstalled it. I don't know if that helped my data.  How do I change the way I upload data to CWOP and WU?  Thanks  Leo, Newport, OR

As of 18:30 UTC today I still see a packet coming from a different software. This is a time stamp after your last post. So I don't think uninstalling WeatherLink 5.0 helped.

I don't know Weatherlink software to give more advice as I run a different brand station. I still think your issue is software related. To get better help I suggest you post in the Davis section of this forum to get more eyes on your issue and I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me in regards to Davis will be able to help out. Let's not hijack this thread for WU issues.

I also think you could use some help from the Davis user as I also suspect that you are running firmware on your console prior to 1.9.0 as I think you are missing Loop2 data. If all that is Greek, just start a post on Davis forum. I'll look for your post over there and chime in.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #1002 on: October 29, 2018, 04:10:51 PM »
We are waiting for a few internal customers to migrate away from our legacy system then we will be updating goldstar.  The good news is, your station is passing in our QA cluster.

Is the Goldstar feature still being updated? My Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus has been up and running for a few weeks now at this location and nothing has happened yet. My station ID is KAREUREK16.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #1003 on: October 29, 2018, 05:00:40 PM »
The only thing I know is that I am running Weatherlink 6.0.3.  I did find a Weatherlink 5.0.?? in the machine, I uninstalled it.
Removing 5.0.? may keep 6.0.3 from working properly. Here is a full build of 6.0.3 that requires no other base of WL, should you wish to try.
http://toolbox.davisnet.com/downloads/weather/software/WL_6_0_3_fullinstall/6_0_3_full_install.zip

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #1004 on: October 30, 2018, 01:52:58 PM »
When is Weather Underground going to fix the Almanac information? Everywhere I checked upper plains they are 10°+ warm on average and extremes are also wrong. I sent email asking about it but no response.
Valentine Ne.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Omaha Nebraska
Sioux Falls SD

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 01:55:10 PM by ValentineWeather »
Randy

Offline kilogulf59

• Cannot operate a weather rock...
    • THE INTEGRATED CLOSE COMBAT FORUM
« Reply #1005 on: October 30, 2018, 02:05:48 PM »
Why can't they simply get the website right? That's the real question here. It's as if a bunch of amateurs are playing with it. Things work, then they don't, things are there one day and gone the next. I find it hard to believe this is, somehow, accidental. Either fix it or shut it down...
Take Care and Stay Safe,

Ken aka kilogulf59

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1006 on: October 30, 2018, 02:37:22 PM »
Seems to me like they are moving away from a legacy system with issues. They have been working hard to keep the legacy system functional without spending too much time fixing it. Rather they have been dedicating more of their time to developing a brand new system that we will all migrate to at some point. Running the largest weather network in the world with hundreds of thousands of stations can not be a simple task. I'd hardly call IBM amateurs. They are being very transparent in their communication and efforts and there has been great improvement in system speed and stability for the greater part of this year. Sure they removed features but that was probably to make their systems faster in the short term. They have said these removed features would be making a comeback with the new system. When a company is bought and sold several times over the past few years and it causes employee turnover you can't always expect things to run smoothly. WU surely has hit some bumps (big ones) but I think their effort and communication has been tremendous. I got to participate in a feedback program to test out the new design and they asked for feedback and I gave them a ton. They have reach out and shown that they care what we think. Do we have the right to complain? Sure. But lets be honest with ourselves.
Tele-Pole

Offline kilogulf59

« Reply #1007 on: October 30, 2018, 02:56:13 PM »
We must be talking about two different websites. FYI, the one I'm talking about is down again. This isn't a glitch once in a while, this is something(s) AFU everyday. The glitch is the rare day when everything works...

This is the favorite cities page currently...you'll note my paid membership at the bottom.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 03:03:27 PM by kilogulf59 »
Take Care and Stay Safe,

Ken aka kilogulf59

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1008 on: October 30, 2018, 03:11:45 PM »
We must be talking about two different websites. FYI, the one I'm talking about is down again. This isn't a glitch once in a while, this is something(s) AFU everyday. The glitch is the rare day when everything works...

This is the favorite cities page currently...you'll note my paid membership at the bottom.

Let us know the problem you are experiencing. What hardware and what software are you using. Any other details and troubleshooting steps you've already done.
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1009 on: October 30, 2018, 03:14:05 PM »
Okay I posted as you were editing and adding details.

Seems like you are having problems with Favorites. That is a known issue. Don't use Favorites. They don't work. I use browser bookmarks instead.
Tele-Pole

Offline kilogulf59

« Reply #1010 on: October 30, 2018, 03:26:34 PM »
I really cannot respond to that without sounding sarcastic.

Here's the local forecast page...

Take Care and Stay Safe,

Ken aka kilogulf59

Offline kilogulf59

« Reply #1011 on: October 30, 2018, 03:28:45 PM »
This is my 10-day forecast page...

Take Care and Stay Safe,

Ken aka kilogulf59

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #1012 on: October 30, 2018, 03:47:38 PM »
This is my 10-day forecast page...
Al those pages work normally OK. Maybe a problem with your browser.
The screenshots  you showed are from these URLs: https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/wi/mauston
https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/wi/mauston?cm_ven=localwx_today
See attached screenshots how it looks at my pc.
Do you have some more URLs so one can check if it works with another browser, with another computer, outside your house?

The Favorites and Home location work also https://www.wunderground.com/member/favorites
Wim
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 03:58:00 PM by wvdkuil »

Offline Weather Spares

• Forecaster
    • Weather Spares
« Reply #1013 on: October 30, 2018, 04:03:03 PM »
I've a number of stations that uploaded flawlessly for sometime and continue to upload to WeatherCloud, but WeatherUnderground is sporadic.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IPULBORO12

Went live on 18th October worked fine for 48 (ish) hours and then sporadic reports of 1 or two a day. WeatherCloud flawless throughout.

Any thoughts anyone? The station is an Ambient WS-2902 clone.
Weather Spares - your one stop shop for complete stations, accessories and spare parts for Davis Instruments, Ecowitt, Oregon Scientific, TFA, Ventus, GARNI and many more - https://www.weatherspares.co.uk/ offering global shipping of products.

Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus 24 hour FARS, Meteobridge NANO SD data logger, Davis AirLink, remote Davis anemometer rooftop mounted.
Location 95m altitude, West of Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, UK.

Offline kilogulf59

« Reply #1014 on: October 30, 2018, 04:10:35 PM »
OK, I'm using Opera and it worked before???

FYI, I had trouble like this, though not this bad, with Firefox and Chrome. Could this be a setting?
Take Care and Stay Safe,

Ken aka kilogulf59

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #1015 on: October 30, 2018, 04:26:47 PM »
OK, I'm using Opera and it worked before???

FYI, I had trouble like this, though not this bad, with Firefox and Chrome. Could this be a setting?
I tried FF, Safari and Chrome. Have no Opera, will download tomorrow.

The spinning wheels on your Favorites tab indicate that loading the javascripts or other external parts do not finish correctly.

It works outside your house here in Europe. You "only"  :-( have to find out if it is the "in-house electronics " the "computer you are using" or the "provider" company

First thing to do is clear the browser cache and check again.

If you can access a PC/Mac at a neighbours / family member house (using the same internet/cable provider) you can test those links there. If they do not work either there could be a internet-provider problem.

If it works on outside your house and your computer is a laptop you could take it to the neighbours / family member house and test if it is an "inside your house"  problem, such as your accespoint/modem blocking certain IPs

If you have a tablet / ipad you can do all kind of testing in and outside with those three links.

Success,
Wim

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1016 on: October 30, 2018, 04:36:25 PM »
All the Almanac's are messed up I guess even Orlando Florida just not as bad. 
These use to be correct btw you could look and see what the normal temperature is for the day and look at the records.
https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/fl/winter-springs/KFLWINTE111?cm_ven=pwsdash_cityforecast

Edit:Upon second load it brings up a different station in Orlando (Still wrong)

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 04:43:37 PM by ValentineWeather »
Randy

Offline kilogulf59

« Reply #1017 on: October 31, 2018, 09:05:41 AM »
OK, the only other browser I have is, by default, Internet Explorer. I checked an it looked OK in that. I cleaned out Opera's cache and history and tried it again. It worked...this time. Thank you for the assistance.

Opera browser issues aside (this time), there's still major problems with the site, as I stated in my previous posts. It really ticks me off too because, when I first discovered WU, I thought it was the best weather site on the net and it was. Thank you TWC...
Take Care and Stay Safe,

Ken aka kilogulf59

Offline dave.mccreath

• Wunderground Cambridgeshire UK
« Reply #1018 on: October 31, 2018, 11:35:12 AM »
WU ICAMBSLE2

Vantage Vue/Raspberry Pi/weeWx.

With WUnderfixer running every hour as a crontask to pick up any missing records.

Issue:  Over the past two days a number of records are failing to upload to the WU server but are being resent by WUnderfixer.  However, these records are appearing back on the chart about two hours after being resent.  Looking at a number of local stations, they are suffering the same issue but without WUnderfixer the missing records remain as gaps in the chart.  Temporary glitch?

As an aside, I've also noticed that records (on my station at least) are not appearing for 6-10minutes after being uploaded to the WU server, previously this used to be a minute or so.

Nothing changed my end.

Any ideas?

Dave
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 11:49:03 AM by dave.mccreath »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1019 on: October 31, 2018, 12:14:26 PM »
Issue:  Over the past two days a number of records are failing to upload to the WU server but are being resent by WUnderfixer.  However, these records are appearing back on the chart about two hours after being resent.  Looking at a number of local stations, they are suffering the same issue but without WUnderfixer the missing records remain as gaps in the chart.  Temporary glitch?

Any ideas?

Dave

Is the date set right on the Raspberry Pi? Is WeeWx using the correct time zone? Is daylight saving time change calendar correct? Maybe something is thinking that the time changed to standard time before it was supposed to and maybe it was always off by one hour before but you didn't catch it till now that it is showing up like 2 hours off?

I don't know the answer. But these are some troubleshooting steps I would take.

This could be a problem on WU side also with regard to the same types of time issues.

You could try using a JSON client and doing a manual upload to WU and see how it shows up. This would confirm if it is a WU or a WUnderfixer issue. I've done this in the past just to learn how the API worked and back when I was trying to edit data before learning that they had temporarily removed that option.

On your other point haven't noticed any missing data on WU. I looked and my past two days my data shows up on the 4s and 9s consistently. No delay in graphs either.
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1020 on: October 31, 2018, 12:21:28 PM »
These use to be correct btw you could look and see what the normal temperature is for the day and look at the records.

Maybe it is related to WU no longer pulling in MADIS data. WU stopped connecting to MADIS this past Summer. I think it was June or July. I don't know if this will return.
Tele-Pole

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1021 on: October 31, 2018, 01:51:36 PM »

Maybe it is related to WU no longer pulling in MADIS data. WU stopped connecting to MADIS this past Summer. I think it was June or July. I don't know if this will return.

Humm, then need to remove the Almanac because it's not even close to correct. 
I just started sending data to WU again because a couple friends who have fallen in love with phone apps requested. Personally I never use weather apps. They like the near realtime on phone unavailable through airport ASOS.
Randy

Offline westhillman

« Reply #1022 on: October 31, 2018, 05:26:18 PM »
Re Wundermap at https://horizon.wunderground.com/wundermap/,  when clicking on a site on the map the graph option only works intermittently.

Offline dave.mccreath

• Wunderground Cambridgeshire UK
« Reply #1023 on: November 02, 2018, 11:45:21 AM »

Is the date set right on the Raspberry Pi? Is WeeWx using the correct time zone? Is daylight saving time change calendar correct? Maybe something is thinking that the time changed to standard time before it was supposed to and maybe it was always off by one hour before but you didn't catch it till now that it is showing up like 2 hours off?

I don't know the answer. But these are some troubleshooting steps I would take.

This could be a problem on WU side also with regard to the same types of time issues.

You could try using a JSON client and doing a manual upload to WU and see how it shows up. This would confirm if it is a WU or a WUnderfixer issue. I've done this in the past just to learn how the API worked and back when I was trying to edit data before learning that they had temporarily removed that option.

On your other point haven't noticed any missing data on WU. I looked and my past two days my data shows up on the 4s and 9s consistently. No delay in graphs either.

Galfert

Many, many thanks for taking an interest.  I've been busy!

Checked the times on both the Vue Console and the RPi, both were fine.  Also checked the epoch (Linux) times on the records being produced, they were fine as well.

So, updated/upgraded the firmware/software on the RPi and tried again, the issue persisted.  About two hours after upgrading the RPi I suddenly found that no records were being saved to the data logger, so reseated that, still no records.  Set about trying to delete all the data held on the logger, failed!  Phoned the Weather Shop (UK) where the unit was purchased three years ago and spoke to them on Thursday morning to see if they could isolate an issue with the logger, the second I mentioned 'Linux' they coughed, we only deal with Windows.  However, they did say that it was probably a logger issue so ordered another one which they were happy for me to send back if it did not turn out to be the issue.

In the meantime, I switched over to a windows laptop and downloaded/installed a trial copy of Weather Display and set that up to upload to WU, that worked fine and was timely with no issues whatsoever.

New logger arrived this lunchtime, plugged it into the console and resurrected the RPi.  First three records uploaded perfectly and then the delays started again, about 50% of the data was getting through, the rest would only get through (eventually) post a resend (WUnderfixer).

Now for the strange part.  I went into my weeWx config file and changed over from a five minute to rapid fire upload, now everything is working fine on the 4s & 9s.

Solved.  But there is an underlying issue somewhere either in weeWx or my configuration.

Regards

Dave

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1024 on: November 02, 2018, 12:32:41 PM »
Now for the strange part.  I went into my weeWx config file and changed over from a five minute to rapid fire upload, now everything is working fine on the 4s & 9s.

Solved.  But there is an underlying issue somewhere either in weeWx or my configuration.

With the added information you have provided, this is what I conclude. There are a couple of issues that you were experiencing before.

There may be a WU issue if you were before only uploading every 5 minutes. That explains both your missed data and delay in graph/chart results. WU servers are notoriously non-responsive. If you only upload every 5 minutes then a timeout can results In a skipped opportunity to upload and it becomes something WUnderfixer then has to deal with. A similar behavior is apparent in web cam uploads. Or it could be a Raspberry Pi freezing issue, WiFi or network issue, ISP issue. I'm lumping all this into one connectivity issue. Needs further testing to discern.

The second issue is maybe a bug in WUnderfixer/WeeWx/Pi combination in regards to time stamp of data resulting in 2 hour error. Or some misconfiguration.

The solution to use rapid-fire is I think a recommended and more optimum configuration choice. This way there is plenty of data within the 5 minute span and WU will extract from that an never miss a 5 minute frequency history plot on the 4s and 9s as you've observed. Now you won't need WUnderfixer. Now your data won't be delayed. And you benefit now from having a "Live" WU dashboard with rapid-fire.

The only time I would not recommend rapid-fire is when data bandwidth is a concern like a limited cellular connection. But even that is becoming rare. Although every rapid-fire setup is different (2 seconds vs 5 seconds vs 15 seconds... etc.), and also every ISP may count data slightly differently, I don't think that you would consume more than between few hundred MB (like 300 MB) to about a max of 1 or 1.5 Gigabytes per month. If this is a concern then do further testing for your particular software and given ISP.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 03:49:43 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

anything