Author Topic: Station forecast  (Read 947 times)

Offline Andras

Station forecast
« on: May 14, 2016, 02:39:02 PM »
Hello, I'm new here and I wonder if there is someone who can help me.
I'm using an N23DQ station (distributed by Maplins in the UK) and I note that other station readouts include a forecast option and an option to change sites. Mine has neither. Does the station have to be reporting for a certain period of time before these options become available or am I doing something wrong.
Everything else is working as I would expect, but this is puzzling me.
In addition, I can't get it to produce a personalised station sticker, it tells me the URL is too long. But if you know the answer to this one, please do not blind me with computer science as I am not a programmer.
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 02:40:49 PM by Andras »

Offline Sooner Al

• Old enough to know better...
Re: Station forecast
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 07:34:01 AM »
Presuming you did register with the WeatherUnderground have you seen this?

After setup, when will I see my personal forecast?

It takes about 1 day for our database to update all of our web servers and place your station on your local forecast page. Also, if we don't have current data from your station, then we will remove it automatically from the list until we get the next update. Also, make sure you have correctly entered your ID in all capitals. The password is case sensitive too.

It's been over 1 day. Why do I still not see my data?

Make sure that your computer's system clock and your weather station's console clock are set to the correct time in the correct time zone. If the time is incorrect you will be sending archive data instead of live data. Otherwise contact support.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/signup.asp
Retired NWS ESA/ET
Sys: Davis VP2 (Wireless)

Offline Andras

Re: Station forecast
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 07:55:35 AM »
Yes thanks, Sooner Al, I have registered and I did read that info. i Suppose it's not that important, at least I have a constant record on my Wunderground site. The other thing I can't do is produce a banner. Our friends at Google tell me the address is too long. Now, I'm not a computer geek but I think that may be incorrect.
Many thanks for your reply.