Author Topic: USA vs Europe  (Read 457 times)

Offline cedarridgewx

USA vs Europe
« on: January 16, 2019, 10:29:49 PM »
Hi,
Does anyone know if the Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless versions are the same units that can be used in both US as well as in Europe?
I am looking at buying one here in the US, but may need to take it to Europe over a few years. Would that be an issue?
Thanks,
P
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless
Portland, OR, USA

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
Re: USA vs Europe
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 06:23:40 AM »
It is illegal to operate 915Mhz equipment in Europe, which is why there are separate stations for Europe (that use 868Mhz IIRC).  Will the police come knocking at your door?  Probably not, but I'd be more concerned with an errant HARM missile blowing up my home thinking it was locked onto a hostile missile launcher or something.

Why not just buy a wired VP2, and not have to worry about any of this?????
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 02:42:45 PM »
One option that isn't cost free. Buy the US kit, then if you move to Europe, sell your ISS (keep all the sensors) and buy an EU version. The console can be switched from US to EU frequencies frequencies but to the ISS can't.
Mark

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 07:50:48 AM »
It is illegal to operate 915Mhz equipment in Europe, which is why there are separate stations for Europe (that use 868Mhz IIRC).  Will the police come knocking at your door?  Probably not, but I'd be more concerned with an errant HARM missile blowing up my home thinking it was locked onto a hostile missile launcher or something.

Why not just buy a wired VP2, and not have to worry about any of this?????
"errant HARM missle blowing up my home"
Dam this hobby is getting dangerous. :grin: