Author Topic: posting pix.  (Read 2790 times)

Offline fatbloke-dim

posting pix.
« on: June 05, 2011, 07:09:48 AM »
I've been trying to get some pics posted on here  ,and can't get it done  ! Can anyone tell me how to fix it ? I've tried the insert image thing , and specified the height and width , entering 640x480 ,but on the hard drive they're a lot bigger than that .Do I need to resize 'em first , or is the size in units other than pixels ? Hmmmmmm........ :?

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: posting pix.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 07:48:23 AM »
One way is to use an on-line image hosting service like http://imageshack.us/  or  http://photobucket.com/  to upload your photo to then copy/paste the IMG code of the photo to here.

Offline xykotik

• DonkeyTailWX DW6891
  • Forecaster
  • I'll deal with it tomorrow
    • DonkeyTail Weather
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 08:46:56 AM »
The insert image tag [img] is a link to an image somewhere already on the web.  It is "UBB" code, not "HTML" so it doesn't use all the same attributes, like for resizing, alternate text, ect.

If you are trying to upload your own photos from your computer and display them here, just below the text-entry box there is an "additional options" link where you can upload a file, but there is a size and byte limit.  You can resize it with any image editor before uploading.

If you are not already familiar with the tools DanS describes, you should check them out, and you can then use the [img] tag.  It also lets you maintain a little more control over your own files by not uploading them directly to a bbs or forum.

Facit solem suum oriri super bonos et malos et pluit super iustos et iniustos.

Springtime in Seattle...  March comes in like a lion and out like a wet lion.

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 09:14:57 AM »
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 11:31:36 AM »
I use a free program called irfanview, which lets you easily resize images and edit them....One of my favorite programs on my computer :grin:
Joe Fitzwater
Chief Meteorologist for WVNS-TV 59 in Beckley, WV

Work Page on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/meteojoe
Work Page on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/meteojoe
Waterfalls -> www.wvfalls.com

Offline fatbloke-dim

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 07:21:12 AM »
Right-o !!

I'll get on the job . I actually salvaged a couple of shots from an Australian trip where the weather had me beat hands down . I managed to re-jig the RAW data and got something a bit useable .
Thanx , folx. :grin:

Done and done !!
The pix are in the "lightning pictures " thread close by this topic . They're not brilliant , but all considered  , a partial result from a trip which was a bit of a washout .
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 08:10:56 AM by fatbloke-dim »