Author Topic: NOAA WEATHER RADIO  (Read 150018 times)

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
Re: NOAA WEATHER RADIO
« Reply #525 on: April 20, 2017, 04:04:37 PM »
I noticed with the latest Firefox update to V53, I've lost the volume button on the player.  Not sure if there is a tweak that can be made to the player options to force the volume button to show.

The only thing I have is a speaker button that does a mute.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #526 on: April 20, 2017, 04:58:40 PM »
I noticed with the latest Firefox update to V53, I've lost the volume button on the player.  Not sure if there is a tweak that can be made to the player options to force the volume button to show.

The only thing I have is a speaker button that does a mute.
I dunno... Version 53 works fine for me.... Both 32bit WIN 7 and 64bit WIN 7... FF Developer version 54.02 also works fine Win7 32 and 64 bit versions. ?????/ Haven't checked yet on WIN 10 ... I note WIN 10 machines currently doin' their idiotic 'update whether you wan to or not' thing... I'll let you know...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 05:20:26 PM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #527 on: April 20, 2017, 06:34:20 PM »
I only have Win10 64 bit on all of my machines.  All of them are doing it.  Not a major deal.

It's on FF doing it.  Just test IE11, Chrome, and even Edge.  Only FF loses the volume option.
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline satcop

• Senior Contributor
    • Clifton Virginia Weather
« Reply #528 on: April 20, 2017, 06:36:02 PM »
I just did the upgrade to FF53 on Win 10 and seeing the issue on the wxnoaaradio.php page as well, it seems that FF does something to the volume control, I did not see this with FF52.  Looking into it to see if there is a fix.  Update: Can't find any documentation on it, maybe a problem with FF53.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 06:53:19 PM by satcop »
Clifton, Virginia Weather

Blitzortung Stations 1189, 1451 - CWOP EW1675

• Forecaster
« Reply #529 on: April 20, 2017, 06:53:56 PM »
Folks, I simply do not see that issue on FF53 on Win 7, Win 8, or Win 10 machines, 32 bit or 64 bit. All mine work fine, Edge, IE 11 , FF 53 and FF 54.0A2 Developer..;. it's all good for me on all my machines.
???????
Only silly thing I can think of, is, the Vol Control png disappears if speaker is 'mute'....  that's design...  ????

• Forecaster
« Reply #530 on: April 20, 2017, 06:55:59 PM »
You guys try cleaning the FF internet cache???? I simply don't see the issue.

Offline satcop

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #531 on: April 20, 2017, 07:07:54 PM »
Only silly thing I can think of, is, the Vol Control png disappears if speaker is 'mute'....  that's design...  ????

Ok cleared out stuff.  Here is what is happening that didn't happen before.  The volume on the noaaweatherradio site works fine.  The html5 tag on the wxnoaaradio.php page actually shows the volume control when it first comes up and than once it starts to play it goes away, like your description of being on mute, but it isn't on mute ](*,)   I did not have that before on 52, and like you, it works fine on all the other platforms.  I will watch and see what happens, maybe just a quirk of this update and my system.

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #532 on: April 20, 2017, 07:22:13 PM »
Just updated both Chrome and FF to their latest versions, and cleared cache. I'm not having any issues here on https://sacrey.info/wxnoaaradio.php. I'm running Win 7 64 bit.
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

• Forecaster
« Reply #533 on: April 20, 2017, 07:27:14 PM »
Ok... I did have this strange issue on one WIN 10 machine,.... not with the Vol Control, but neither Edge nor FF would access any of the audio streams, even the 'hurricane', which is on server.  That machine just completed the silly update sequence... I rebooted the machine.  Now Fine.
Somebody's turned loose gremlins... I suspect this issue isn't with firefox per se.  every install I have works fine now... ...????

• Forecaster
« Reply #534 on: April 20, 2017, 07:33:34 PM »
AAAHHHH.... I think I know what may be going on... connects to the server spiked... probably as a result of the CCR Blog post...  I'll recheck that shortly....
I JUST ADDED # 137 ...West Palm Beach FL

• Forecaster
« Reply #535 on: April 20, 2017, 07:50:34 PM »
AAAHHHH.... I think I know what may be going on... connects to the server spiked... probably as a result of the CCR Blog post...  I'll recheck that shortly....
Nope... wasn't that big a spike, ... looked high at first glance... something else goin' on.

Offline tim273

• Contributor
« Reply #536 on: April 21, 2017, 08:22:10 AM »

Where is the CCR blog post you're talking about? I must have missed that, I'd like to read it.

Thanks,
Tim

• Forecaster
« Reply #537 on: April 21, 2017, 08:26:54 AM »

Where is the CCR blog post you're talking about? I must have missed that, I'd like to read it.

Thanks,
Tim
http://cocorahs.blogspot.com/2017/04/weather-radio-must-for-every-home.html
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:33:55 AM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #539 on: April 21, 2017, 09:34:31 AM »
Ok cleared out stuff.  Here is what is happening that didn't happen before.  The volume on the noaaweatherradio site works fine.  The html5 tag on the wxnoaaradio.php page actually shows the volume control when it first comes up and than once it starts to play it goes away, like your description of being on mute, but it isn't on mute ](*,)   I did not have that before on 52, and like you, it works fine on all the other platforms.  I will watch and see what happens, maybe just a quirk of this update and my system.

This is exactly what I'm seeing too.  And I have all of my Firefox browsers to clear cache on exit.

• Forecaster
« Reply #540 on: April 21, 2017, 11:18:51 AM »
Folks, Other then the below possibility, I've tried numerous attempts to duplicate this, on various platforms and machines, and simply cannot see the issue... the ONLY issue I noted was on one machine, after WIN 10 did it's auto update horror, and the player would NOT access ANY streams in ether EDGE or Firefox, but after rebooting that system, no issue. 

By design, this is a responsive player. I don't remember the exact breakpoint, but I believe it's 524 pixels, the Volume Bar is sacrificed, as would a couple of other features if they were enabled... That also occurs on the 'pop-out' version... but it does that, as far as I know, and have observed, on all browsers, including Androids that I've checked.. that's by design,... is that what's happening?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:21:05 AM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #541 on: April 21, 2017, 11:41:21 AM »
I don't have Chrome on my work machine where I'm at at the moment.  But at home, it did work fine.  But here's what I'm seeing in FF, IE11, and Edge.  Only FF drops the volume slider.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

• Forecaster
« Reply #542 on: April 21, 2017, 12:04:22 PM »
OH... Dang...
you're talking Bob's script!   Crap. I thought you guys were referring to the NOAA Weather Radio website player!  I'm moving on....
Bob????

Offline satcop

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #543 on: April 21, 2017, 12:11:33 PM »
Yes it is the latest updates from Win10 and FF53 in combination that seems to have created this result on a standard html 5 audio tag.  There is no documentation that I can find as yet of the issue, and I am not even sure if it occurs on all computers with the combo.  This issue did not exhibit itself in earlier versions of win10 or with FF52.  The last thing I want to do is add more java script code to cover the issue.  If anyone comes across some info on what is happening I would be glad to hear it.

Bob

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #544 on: April 21, 2017, 12:12:35 PM »
Yeah, sorry, Bob's script.

I just verified your player is fine with FF53.  Other than it doesn't default to my site.  :-)

• Forecaster
« Reply #545 on: April 21, 2017, 12:29:15 PM »
Your image shows the volume control.  Firefox is dropping the track time scrubber, probably because this is a 'stream', not an mp3 with ID3 time / length tags.  8-)

Just added 138
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 12:33:02 PM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #546 on: April 21, 2017, 01:08:22 PM »
Nope, it's leaving the time bar in there.  I can use it to move back in time.  The speaker button just mutes.  Like previously posted, it'll briefly flash a speaker bar after the mute button.  Then it disappears.

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #547 on: April 21, 2017, 01:10:32 PM »
I should have labeled those better.  Middle one is Firefox.  Top is edge, bottom is IE.

• Forecaster
« Reply #548 on: April 21, 2017, 01:33:58 PM »
My Bad... you're right.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #549 on: April 21, 2017, 03:16:45 PM »
OH... Dang...
you're talking Bob's script!   Crap. I thought you guys were referring to the NOAA Weather Radio website player!  I'm moving on....
Bob????

I was confused too. I'm not seeing any problem with volume control with Chrome but could be issue for visitors using Firefox.
Randy