Author Topic: Rain Detail - Saratoga template  (Read 487 times)

Offline Johnmac

• Senior Contributor
    • Westminster Massachusetts Weather
Rain Detail - Saratoga template
« on: April 28, 2019, 09:08:43 PM »
I have just noticed that the main screen (see Attached File) is different from my rain detail page. If you look at the attached files you will see that the info is different from the rain detail page. The home page shows rain for yesterday at 1.46 inches, there was no rain yesterday, but 1.46 two days ago. Rain detail shows 19 rain days/month total 8.16 inches and ytd at 14.40 inches. Home page shows 17 rain days/ month total 6.20 inches and ytd at 12.43 inches. I am just noticing this and not sure if it developed after I upgraded to php 7.2 or was always this way. It seems that something may be off by a day. Any thoughts?

http://scannorthcounty.net/wxraindetail.php
http://scannorthcounty.net/index.php

Thanks,

John
John
Westminster, MA USA

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Rain Detail - Saratoga template
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 10:11:03 PM »
You're using Weather-Display for your site, so the data shown on the index.php page comes from testtags.php and clientraw.txt.
The raindetail script by Murray uses the dailynoaareport*.htm and climatedataout*.html files to create tables to display the output.

The testtags.php is updated every 5 minutes (usually) and clientraw.txt every 5 or 10 seconds (usually) so the index page has the latest data available.
The raindetail page uses files that are updated once a day (just after midnight local time) so they may be 'behind' what the current display on the index page shows.

WeatherLink, VWS and Cumulus produce noaa-style reports, but they are updated each main update cycle.  The WD noaa reports are done once a day.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 10:32:12 PM »
Ken has the proper response before I got mine completed.  However I will post what I observed and wrote since it is interesting...

Sorry have no thoughts, but in looking at the data in your webpage it does not appear to be a day off -
Your report script page shows 8.16" for April to the 27th with 19 rain days and nothing yet for today (April 28).
Your WU shows the same 8.16" to April 27 with 19 rain days, plus 1.46" for today (Apr 28) for a total of 9.62" for 20 rain days.
Your Weather34 shows the same 8.16" to April 27 with 19 rain days, plus 1.46" for today (April 28) for a total of 9.62" for 20 rain days (I believe this comes from your WU history).
Your PWS shows 8.39 to Apr 27 with 19 rain days and nothing yet for today (April 28).  Five days have different rain compared to your reports script page and WU.

Your webpage home page dashboard reporting at 6.20" and 17 rain days seems to be short and missing some rain days.
Can you tell if your local saved log compares to the uploads or to the dashboard home page?

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline lddaly

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 12:29:43 AM »
Your NOAA-Style Climate Reports page rain totals do not add up correctly. http://scannorthcounty.net/wxnoaaclimatereports.php The daily rain amounts are there (8.16"), but the column total is incorrect (6.20").

Offline Johnmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 08:21:50 AM »
Thanks for the comments. Something is not functioning properly. This morning the home page did not update properly, still showing rain from 3 days ago and other items are incorrect also. Will see what is happening with Weather Display.

John
John
Westminster, MA USA

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 12:11:29 PM »
The first look should be at wxstatus.php which shows how the 'current' reporting is being done.  If that doesn't show current, then it's a place to start debugging.

Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline Murry Conarroe

• Contributor
    • Wildwood Weather
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 02:12:01 PM »
I have just noticed that the main screen (see Attached File) is different from my rain detail page. If you look at the attached files you will see that the info is different from the rain detail page. The home page shows rain for yesterday at 1.46 inches, there was no rain yesterday, but 1.46 two days ago. Rain detail shows 19 rain days/month total 8.16 inches and ytd at 14.40 inches. Home page shows 17 rain days/ month total 6.20 inches and ytd at 12.43 inches. I am just noticing this and not sure if it developed after I upgraded to php 7.2 or was always this way. It seems that something may be off by a day. Any thoughts?

The raindetail scripts use the dailynoaareport script for the previous days. For today's values, the testtags.php file is used for today's rain amount (for WeatherDisplay users only). Assuming the dailynoaareport files are correct, you can change the values displayed on your homepage dashboard for MTD and YTD rain by going to WD and selecting Control Panel, Offsets & Initial Rain. Then select the Temp/Baro Offsets/Rain Totals tab. Then enter the correct values in the MTD and YTD boxes. The values on your dashboard should then update the next time the testtags.php file gets uploaded.
Murry

Offline Johnmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 09:17:47 AM »

The raindetail scripts use the dailynoaareport script for the previous days. For today's values, the testtags.php file is used for today's rain amount (for WeatherDisplay users only). Assuming the dailynoaareport files are correct, you can change the values displayed on your homepage dashboard for MTD and YTD rain by going to WD and selecting Control Panel, Offsets & Initial Rain. Then select the Temp/Baro Offsets/Rain Totals tab. Then enter the correct values in the MTD and YTD boxes. The values on your dashboard should then update the next time the testtags.php file gets uploaded.

Thanks Murry. That corrected my totals on the home page.
John
Westminster, MA USA

anything