Author Topic: More Trojanized games enter Google's Android Market app store  (Read 1463 times)

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
More Trojanized games enter Google's Android Market app store
« on: December 23, 2011, 07:38:19 PM »
Story here
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Re: More Trojanized games enter Google's Android Market app store
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 09:56:35 PM »
I use Lookout but I know other companies provide protection.    Really, downloading rogue stuff

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro2 w/12 hr FARS, solar/uv
    • Cumberland Valley Weather
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 08:16:54 AM »
Counterpoint: http://www.informationweek.com/news/security/mobile/231903411
I never download games or new apps. I like to see 5-10,000 downloads before I try them.
Ed
CoCoRaHS PA-CD-6,  Weather Underground KPAMECHA7, CWOP DW5425

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 02:34:14 PM »
my life is boring , I have a Droid-X  and all my downloads are functional crap.    Oh.. I am reading a book.. but it makes my vision look weird afterwards, but still it is cheaper than Jack Daniels.

I don't play games on it..  the extended battery I have soon runs down.  I use it for email, checking my weather station (talk about vanity) and calling home, daughter, wife's cell phone so she can find it.   

At our school they issued all of the high schoolers Mac pro's  .   now the kids have taken them home to download all sorts of crap. They can't when at school because of our server blocks, but at home.... wow.   We are getting a lot of computers crashing, we have antivirus and firewalls, but they don't really do the stuff because , well, they are macs.   and cheap software at that.

So we are seeing the crashing computers, the trojans and the kids don't seem to care...  anyway, it is a sign of the times and we older kids need to take care of what we download and what provisions do we have on our androids and on our machines as we sync them somehow.

anything