Author Topic: Missing Data on Website  (Read 1717 times)

Offline DAVE Z

Missing Data on Website
« on: June 12, 2010, 11:34:27 PM »
    I noticed that my website WWW.CROFTONWEATHER.COM is no longer displaying the weather data in my graphs or summaries for the last 12 months.  I only see the info since May 1st. (The links to my summaries and graphs are on the left side of the homepage in the pink and yellow shaded areas.)
    Back around May 7th  my rain funnel blew off my WX station and the wind started rocking my tipper bucket which racked up the daily rain total. I was able to reset the daily rain total by going to the console and selecting  the daily rain, then pressing and releasing 2nd. then I pressed and held the CLEAR button. Then I went into into the WeatherLink  softeware and clicked on the yellow tablet icon and changed the rainfall  figure to zero for each minute that had a reading that day.
    To be honest I don't know if my resetting the rain info in May  caused my problem or not. I just noticed my missing data last week. I have been very diligent about going into Weatherlink and copying the WLK file, the Noaa summary file and exporting the large .txt file that has every wx parameter for each minute of the month. (Around 6 MB file). I have all these files for each month stored on a second HDD. Can I restore the missing data with these files? I am using a Vantage Pro 2 console -6152 with a data logger and WL 5.7.1 software. Anyone know what I may have messed up?                         
                                                                                                                                         Dave

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
Re: Missing Data on Website
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 12:02:46 AM »
What does this data look like when you view it on your PC using WeatherLink?  That is, can WeatherLink plot/summary/whatever for the whole year(s) be seen?

If so, yes, it's possible.  If not, then until you can do that, you can't get the website stuff straightened out.

Offline DAVE Z

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 06:23:02 PM »
      I tried to view my weather before May 1st in Weatherlink but it was missing. I noticed my WLK files were all just 1KB in size vs the 5 MB they normaly are. I copied my archived WLK files from a separate HDD and pasted them into the Weatherlink folder. Now I can view my weather in Weatherlink before May 1st. The website is displaying the old data now also.
      I wonder why WLK files were gutted? I may never know but at least I have them back. Thanks for the help. Dave Z.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 06:46:08 PM »
You were very wise to have a good "backup" strategy.  Many folks don't.

There are, however, just two kinds of folks: (1) Those who have lost data; and (2) Those who are going to lose date.