Weather Station Hardware > AcuRite Weather Stations

Atlas HD Display Dewpoint

(1/2) > >>

Mirwin275:
I don't know why my display says a dewpoint of 67 when my temperature is 69.4 with 100% humidity. To my knowledge, I always thought the dewpoint should match the temperature if the humidity is 100%. I have not set a calibration in any way with the display. That is the way I always have seen it calculated. The dewpoint matching means the air is fully saturated with moisture. Any thoughts or have noticed the same thing with the Atlas display? [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

galfert:
Might be related to the console doing some poor rounding of temperatures as has been reported in this forum.

And it could all be associated with how the product was designed to report averages instead of live data. But don't quote me on that.

Mirwin275:

--- Quote from: galfert on October 12, 2018, 11:38:09 PM ---Might be related to the console doing some poor rounding of temperatures as has been reported in this forum.

--- End quote ---
Could be, since the temperature rounds weird on the display. I am aware of the temperature rounding issue.

worachj:
Add me to its a display rounding issue. 

Check your display’s SD card data and Weather Underground site if you have them. The SD card data and WU seem correct.  The temp/dew points on Weather Underground’s history graphs match for my station when it was reporting 100% humidity. And the data on the SD card seems correct to me.

Neil_O:

--- Quote from: Mirwin275 on October 12, 2018, 11:19:50 PM ---I don't know why my display says a dewpoint of 67 when my temperature is 69.4 with 100% humidity. To my knowledge, I always thought the dewpoint should match the temperature if the humidity is 100%. I have not set a calibration in any way with the display. That is the way I always have seen it calculated. The dewpoint matching means the air is fully saturated with moisture. Any thoughts or have noticed the same thing with the Atlas display? [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

--- End quote ---

I have noticed exactly the same phenomenon on the Atlas HD display that I have.  From memory, I think the numbers on Weather Underground are exactly the same (but will need to confirm).  This issue only seems to last about 15-20 minutes in the morning after a very-humid (100% humidity) night.

I'll be interested in the final diagnosis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version