Author Topic: Question on receiver unit and CC-3000  (Read 1382 times)

Offline ctridgeline

Question on receiver unit and CC-3000
« on: December 07, 2015, 11:28:22 AM »
Good morning,
Thank you to all on this site for your shared knowledge! It has answered many of the questions I've had on a Rainwise MKIII unit that I'm working with.  I have just a couple additional question that I'm hoping could be answered.

My current setup is the MKIII with an external black receiver box & an Oracle Multi Display. I have an additional receiver box which I tested with the Oracle display and does work.  This second receiver was previously connected to a CC-3000 box, however that stopped working.

I'm now looking for a method for getting the data from the MKIII to a computer, but I'm not sure if I can just purchase the CC-3000 (excluding the receiver and need to keep the cost to a minimum).  So, I guess the first question would be, how do I determine if my existing MKIII is a standard or LR model, and then what are my options for getting it connected again.

I was then wondering if anyone has taken the data output from the black receiver and made use of it through an Arduino or Rasberry PI interface (not using the CC-3000 or similar device). 

Just some thoughts I've had as I'm still learning the device and enjoying getting to watch the change in the weather conditions in the comfort of my house.

Thank you in advance for your help!  :-)
Brett

Offline WA7FWF

• Contributor
  • Blitzortung 1196
Re: Question on receiver unit and CC-3000
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 04:11:28 PM »
According to the book if you have a external receiver on your CC-3000 then you do not have a LR unit, which matches as mine is LR and the receiver is inside the case.

Kevin

Offline ctridgeline

Re: Question on receiver unit and CC-3000
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 04:24:01 PM »
Okay, thank you! That definitely helps to answer the question on LR or not.  :-)

anything