Author Topic: How hard is it to swap out the humidity sensor on a Mark III LR sensor suite?  (Read 3112 times)

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
I have a Mark III LR sensor suite on a tripod on my garage roof.  While it's a wee bit nippy to do much there for awhile, I've noticed the unit is reporting 100% or a point or two from it all the time.  The other stations are going down into the 60s at times, so I think I got a bad sensor.

I had some barometer readings that were screwy and I tracked that down to a low 6v gel cell, so before I get too excited I'm going to watch it and see if something similar is happening when it warms up.  Lucky I got a couple stations and this one is more for fun and having the Rainwise than having it as the primary station.

Yet, not having done it, I'm wondering if anyone here has done a swap, is it a chore, and much recalibration?  I've not called rainwise yet, but looking to see what other users think.

Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline VaJim

• Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
Hi Dale

Although I don't have the LR model, I've changed out the temp/humidity sensor on my MKIII.  Keeping in mind that my station is on a tripod in the backyard about 6-7 feet above the ground.  I was able to put up a step ladder, remove the wind sensor and the lift the temp/humidity sensor out.  The connection there is the phone jack type that Rainwise uses.  The whole job took maybe 30 mins.   The other time I did it was when the weather was cold and wet and I brought the whole station indoors and knocked it out.

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
Thanks,
This tells me that it can be done, and that it must happen to others, too, so I don't feel like I need to go chasing after lots of other possible causes.

This one will be relatively easy to access once the temps get back up.  -17 predicted for Monday night.  Highly unlikely I'll be out there doing a swap then.

ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline Richie Cohen

• www.RainWise.com
Its one screw and a phone jack connection, very simple.
Service & Repairs Manager
RainWise Inc.

anything