Author Topic: So, what do you think?  (Read 2409 times)

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
So, what do you think?
« on: February 15, 2013, 08:08:10 PM »
Hello fellow Rainwise IP 100 users!! Tell me, what do you all think of your IP 100 service thus far? Is it uploading every 2-5 seconds are you expected? Any major issues with it that have cause you to pull a batch of hair outta your heads? Would you suggest the unit to anyone else? Just trying to get some chat going here. Oh, here's a technical question... do you think the speed of your internet connection affects the upload frequency of your unit? In other words, if your unit misses a data pack now and then, do you think it would miss that same data pack if you had internet speeds twice as fast? I myself so far am pretty satisfied with it giving it an 8.5 / 10 rating over all.

Don in Ohio

http://www.rainwise.net/weather/don43725

Offline VaJim

• Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
  • Forecaster
Re: So, what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 05:34:27 PM »
Hi Don

My IP-100 is working fine.  There have been a few drop outs (my end and theirs) but overall I'm pleased.  I hope they release the Pro version soon.  I also would like to see some changes to the owner homepage or give us the ability to change things up a bit.  I also wish there was better communication between the end users and the engineers and programmers. 

My ISP (Cox) has been fairly reliable.  When I think back to my early days with Rainwise and trying to update my website with a dial-up, yes we've come a long way.

I agree, I give Rainwise Net a 8.0. Looking forward to pending changes and updates.

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 06:04:48 PM »
Hi Jim... Good to hear from you again. My ISP has been very reliable but I think if I had really high speed like maybe pro or business class, then every update would post. Example... You see the little green light on the IP 100 box blink but that update occasionally is not posted. I'm thinking this 'may' be because of the version  of high speed we are subscribed to through Time Warner. Otherwise it is miles and miles more superior than that dang piece of crap La Crosse I had that would just update every so often, and I mean that literally! LOL. Thanks Jim!

Don in Ohio

http://www.rainwise.net/weather/don43725

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 08:53:27 PM »
One other thought....I do like the ability that the IP-100 has to send data to places like WU, PWS, etc.  I hope Dave Heider out in Oregon (WV32) comes up with a WV32 version that will run with the IP-100.  I've used WV32 for over 10 years and really like the images and flexibility it offers.

anything