Author Topic: Wunderground Webcam  (Read 3994 times)

Offline lenpfe

• Lenny
    • Maryland Mid Shore Weather
Wunderground Webcam
« on: March 10, 2012, 08:52:08 PM »
 I noticed today that my webcam is not showing up on the list of Maryland webcams. I checked the status they have for it and it shows Active status as NO. My image is reloading normally on my site, mdmidshorewx.comuf.com so I am not sure what is going on. Normally Maryland shows around 41 webcams available, but today I see only 23 are showing. I am wondering if they are bumping people using URL to upload versus FTP. If anyone has any reason why this is happening, I would love to know why. Thanks
Lenny
Marylands Mid Shore Weather at mdmidshorewx.comuf.com
Davis VP2 running Weatherlink and publishing to the web using Saratoga Weather Template

Offline wmcatty

• Forecaster
    • Heart of Texas Weather
Re: Wunderground Webcam
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 09:30:23 PM »
Lenny, you might send WU an email and ask them if there is a problem.  Be sure to include all your station ID info, and they will usually respond within 24 hours.  Best regards
Davis Wireless Pro2 with Solar Sensor; Weatherlink 5.9.3; VWS; WLIP; CWOP DW8373; Wunderground KTXGATES4; CoCoRaHS=TX-CRL-4

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 10:23:56 PM »
I noticed today that my webcam is not showing up on the list of Maryland webcams. I checked the status they have for it and it shows Active status as NO. My image is reloading normally on my site, mdmidshorewx.comuf.com so I am not sure what is going on. Normally Maryland shows around 41 webcams available, but today I see only 23 are showing. I am wondering if they are bumping people using URL to upload versus FTP. If anyone has any reason why this is happening, I would love to know why. Thanks
Lenny

There now seems to be some sort of approval process.  Thanks for the heads-up.  Mine was showing status NO, also.

I clidked on "edit", made a 1-character change and then changed it back, and saved it - and now the status says "Awaiting approval".

Why is it happening?  As usual, WU has made a change and didn't tell anybody?  

On the other hand - it looks like perhaps they are now automatically generating time-lapse videos?  Maybe?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:25:37 PM by dalecoy »

Offline lenpfe

• Lenny
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 08:49:48 AM »
Thanks for the idea wmcatty. I have had issues with it coming off before. I have sent them an email and they say everything is fine with my image and it should be working and then all of a sudden it is back up. I am wondering if it is a common problem with people that use URL uploads. Maryland is down to  17 webcams, from 41 just a few days ago. I would prefer not to use FTP because I would have to use another FTP client because my image is now uploading to my website and the software I am using does not have an option to upload to multiple servers. For those that are reading this, could you put a simple reply as to which format you are using, and if you are having any problems with wunderground. Example:  FTP, No Problem    or URL, some issues. Or what ever you wish to say.

Thanks everyone,
Lenny
Davis VP2 running Weatherlink and publishing to the web using Saratoga Weather Template

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 09:58:40 AM »
Mine has dissappeared also and I get the same message.   My guess is that they are messing with their servers and or some idiot started posting some sort of totally inapproriate pictures.  Ala nudes in the hottub ect.

Offline jmcmurry

• Jim McMurry
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless.
    • Juneau County Weather
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 10:22:15 AM »
Mine has disappeared and it is being uploaded by Weather Display via FTP.

- Jim

Forum Search and Google Can be Your Best Friends

Offline lenpfe

• Lenny
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 08:31:49 AM »
Ok, so i went to the edit page, reclicked save changes, it showed awaiting approval, and now it shows rejected. I check and the image size is only 57Kb and is a publicly available image through my website. i dont know what is wrong. I will submit a support request and see what the problem is.

Offline jmcmurry

• Jim McMurry
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless.
    • Juneau County Weather
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 08:42:10 AM »
Mine is back up now having done nothing from this end.  On the monthly view it shows nothing for the 10th but all other days of this month are there.

- Jim

Forum Search and Google Can be Your Best Friends

Offline dkinsc

• Contributor
    • ClemsonKFAP Weather
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 12:30:55 PM »
I had a similar problem and submitted a ticket.  WU told me the problem might have been caused by changes they made to password handling, and suggested that I reset my password. I have done so, and am now waiting to see what happens.  I upload by url.
[Added later]After resetting the new password in vws and re-starting vws, my weather cam is back at WU.  It appears that resetting the password in vws was not enough, it needed a re-start.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 02:22:11 PM by dkinsc »
Del
KSCCLEMS2 and DW6419

Offline wmcatty

• Forecaster
    • Heart of Texas Weather
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 08:17:50 PM »
It would be nice if they emailed their contributors and told them what changes were being made and some possible solutions.  Just my two cents on this.
Davis Wireless Pro2 with Solar Sensor; Weatherlink 5.9.3; VWS; WLIP; CWOP DW8373; Wunderground KTXGATES4; CoCoRaHS=TX-CRL-4

Offline lenpfe

• Lenny
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 09:06:35 AM »
Thanks guys, I got the reply that they had changed their password handler. So I went in and changed my password, and everything has been good since. Im sure things can get messed up once in a while with all the data and images we send them. Well, things are good for now. We will see what happens. Thanks for all the great replys.