Author Topic: Anthony's Weather Web Cam  (Read 9272 times)

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
Anthony's Weather Web Cam
« on: March 06, 2008, 08:43:59 AM »
Just installed a web cam. Nothing fancy, but to accomplishes the job.

www.anthonysweather.com or www.anthonysweather.com/webcam.jpg

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
Re: Anthony's Weather Web Cam
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 09:00:48 PM »
Pictures dark with white spots right now.   ;)

I'll check it out once the sun returns tomorrow.   :grin:
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 07:46:17 AM »
Hopefuly one day I'll have a better cam with low light capabilities. But hey, for $17 it does the job during the day.

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 02:34:50 PM »
I can see the neighborhood today.   8-)

Looks like your missing out on the snow so far there.  We have about 4" right now since it started this morning.  Heavy wet stuff thats packing into solid ice on the roads.
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 06:09:46 PM »
Not a bad daytime picture for $17. You should look into Swann Cameras. You can get the Maxi-Brite for $52 and it has infered so you can see at night. It is black & white at night, but color during the day.

It is the one I use here

http://www.mesquitechristmas.com/weather/hw3.php?config=&forecast=pass&pass=weathercam

If it is night you won't see anything because it is pointed at the sky. If you look at the times lapse from today you will see the snow we got last night which was pretty cool. I am going to upgrade to Axis cameras one day.

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 08:29:11 AM »
Mark, Got rain during the morning and early afternoon yesterday. Temps were in the 40's. Today they are calling for a morning mix, then snow for the afternoon, upto 1". More snow tonigh, with another 1" expected, with lows in the teens.

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 10:17:57 AM »
We had thunder sleet during the night with wind.  Still under a blizzard warning here with all snow this morning.  I have not been out yet but I would guess that we have around 8-10" on the ground looking out and by the news reports.  This is the first real snow we've had here since back in the 90's.  First time I recall thunder and lighting with it since back in the blizzard of 78.   8-)

My homemade rain gage heater is having trouble keeping up with it.  I see some snow at the top of the bucket looking out the window.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 10:20:22 AM by Mark / Ohio »
Mark 

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 11:24:57 AM »
First time I recall thunder and lighting with it since back in the blizzard of 78.   8-)

I have alway heard of Thunder Snow but I never thought I would experience it here where I live, much less in March. We had that Thursday here which was pretty interesting.

Offline kray1000

• Purveyor of wry
  • Forecaster
    • http://www.roanokevalleyweather.com
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 06:59:07 PM »
We had thundersleet here last winter, the only time I can recall experiencing it.

Offline kray1000

• Purveyor of wry
  • Forecaster
    • http://www.roanokevalleyweather.com
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 06:59:54 PM »
My homemade rain gage heater is having trouble keeping up with it.  I see some snow at the top of the bucket looking out the window.

Might be time to remove that strainer screen...   :-)

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 09:43:01 PM »

Might be time to remove that strainer screen...   :-)

:lol:  Done that a couple a couple months ago when I found snow laying on it.  Apparently I'm a just little under heated for sleet blizzards.  ;)
Mark 

Offline NiceBill

• Forecaster
  • Texas Township, Illinois
    • Texas Township, Clinton, Illinois 61727  Weather
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 08:54:58 AM »

Hi Anthony,

I just took a look at your web cam on your web page.  Really nice looking up an old town street.
[note: Bill passed away December 31, 2008 -- Rest in Peace Bill, you'll be missed!]

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 08:22:40 AM »
I unfortunately don't have much to choose from when it comes to web cam views and the location of my computer. A nice outside camera like yours would help some. Then everyone could look at a 7 story apartment building or a bunch of trees or the neighbors backyards.

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE