Author Topic: VirtualVP Does Not Work with Firmware 3.12  (Read 13756 times)

Offline Piero

• Valenza - Italy
    • Luna Weather Station - Valenza
Re: VirtualVP Does Not Work with Firmware 3.12
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 06:33:32 AM »
Surely you're more experienced than me, but VVP is very widespread and would need several changes ... and a lot of assistance. A new product would surely be appreciated and required, in my opinion, also of interest for software companies that would more chances to sell their products.
For example I would like to solve the problem of virtual IP of VVP used in LAN .. Would allow you see the data logger from any computer in your network, but unfortunately it only works locally: using in LAN, after a few hours the software crashes ... And I was never able to solve it.
Then there are all the little problems with VVS ... In short, a very useful and powerful software, that can not be exploited as it should. And with the new updates will be destined sooner or later to become obsolete and unusable.
A real shame.
Davis ISS and Weather Envoy
Weatherlink IP
Virtual Weather Station
Cumulus
Weatherlink
www.lunavalenza.altervista.org

Offline weerstationdeinze

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 07:04:11 AM »
However, I confirm that after the downgrade to firmware 1.9 everything is back to work.

How did you get, or where did you find the firmware 1.9 to do the downgrade?

Thanks

Offline jmcmurry

• Jim McMurry
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless.
    • Juneau County Weather
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 07:08:50 AM »

Forum Search and Google Can be Your Best Friends

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 12:33:44 AM »
I offered to keep it updated, i.e if he allowed me to have the source files...but I never heard back

Please touch base with him again.  Let him know the situation with the latest Davis firmware issue and maybe he'll give you the code.  I am just now in the process of setting my station up and was very interested in purchasing the software until this latest situation with V3.12 came along.

Ed

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2013, 10:44:24 AM »
cautery, are you still having good performance running Cumulus (latest version) and Weather Link (latest version) through VVP?  Did you get around to getting Weather Display and Virtual Weather Station connecting through VVP?  Just curious as to how your station is working.

Also, could you give me the version numbers of Cumulus and Weather Link that are connecting through VVP?

Thanks,
Ed

<snip>

I'm gonna go install WD and VWS now and try them.

EDIT:  Haven't added WD or VWS yet, but...

I currently have WeatherLink, Cumulus, and VP Live running stably via VVP.
WL - setup to use Virtual Serial
Cumulus (as the base software for the Saratoga-Weather.org templates) and VP Live using TCP/IP

Note: It does require connecting in a specific order:
1) Start VVP
2) Open WL, and then start the Bulletin.  Once it is stable...
3) Start Cumulus. Once it is stable...
4) Start VP Live...  Note:  VP Live is displaying sensor info correctly, but it is having trouble getting the firmware and barometer cal, and time... thus it can't do the auto time syncs and force barometer actions.... which it does fine when connected by itself.

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline PRBoro

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2013, 08:36:54 PM »
I suspect that older version of weatherlink has an older version of the vantagepro.dll file
which could be tested to use with the latest version of weatherlink

From my trying it out, this is to confirm that switching the vantagepro.dll file in Weatherlink 5.82 to Weatherlink 5.90 does not make the latter work with Virtual VP after VP2 firmware is upgraded to 3.12.  So Weatherlink 5.82 remains the only version I know of that will upload when used with Virtual VP and VP2 firmware updated to 3.12.

Any idea where one would get a copy of Weatherlink 5.82? I would be interestd in trying it out in my setup and see if it would work.

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2014, 07:19:21 AM »
You possibly didn't have to reinstall 1.90 firmware.  I had the same problem you did.  Rather than reinstall firmware, I tried running the only other version of Weatherlink I had on my computer.  It is 5.8.3 and uploading proceeded as before.  The version of Weatherllink that wouldn't upload was one of the latest ones, 6.02.

Digging up an old thread to post a thank you to you, Bunty. Picked up a new Envoy (v3.15 & and a new replacement logger) and had some problems trying to down-flash the Envoy so had to keep it at v3.15.

Your post RE: 5.8.3 solved the WeatherLink/VVP/v3.x dilemma. THANKS!

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit
www.LasCruces-Weather.com   www.EastMesaWeather.com