Author Topic: 14.00 P52 may have "broke" downloading archive data (PCLink) on Davis  (Read 3363 times)

Offline NDSWeather

• NDS Weather - Colorado City
  • Contributor
  • NDS Weather - Colorado City CO
Going back to .51 (Non Beta Version) and testing. Seams to start and then lock as if it is downloading archive data to PCLink and all other downloads or updates seam to stop at lest WU did not update.
This shows lost time or lost data http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/C4784?tile=10;days=1.5#Data
This will only show for the next 12 hours or so. I updated my database to WU.
I did launch PClink and all seam fine it opened and then closed.
Now will it would in auto mode. Will update in the AM on the 25th.

Note: 14.00P51 (Non Beta Version) is now on Ambient, will update to this Version and test.

NDS Weather

No Problems found with 14.00P51 (Non Beta Version). no PCLink Errors

Running P53 Now, will post any problems. This is also a fix for WeatherLink automation. (PCLink)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 03:51:00 PM by bcavnaugh »
6153 Davis Wireless Vantage Pro2 FW 1.90 Serial Port
Now Only WeatherLink 6.0.5
KCOCOLOR2154 CW4784

Offline offroadjosh

• Davis Vp2 Wireless- VWS 14 P90 Serial Data logger
  • Forecaster
  • Montana Firefighter
    • My Website=)
Re: .51 & .52 may have "broke" downloading archive data (PCLink) on Daves
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 12:49:46 PM »
same here, .52 had some weird extra window pop up on me and it is locked so you cannot close it unless you close VWS
Josh Patten

Davis VP2 Wireless -May 2008
VWS 14.00P90\WL 5.9.9/Plus others!
Skywarn trained
CoCoRaHS member
Smith Valley Fire Dept Firefighter:)
http://josh.northwestwx.com/station/usa.htm
CWOP-DW0711
Kestrel 2000 hand held anemometer
Cocorahs 4in rain gauge
Custom co

Offline RichT

• Hopatcong Weather
P55+ update
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 05:03:32 PM »
Be sure you make a backup and note all your configuration settings....   <--- Words to live by when updating anything

Just some observations when I updated from p50 to P55.

If your using a Davis USB Logger, these all use a USB to serial Driver. be sure to make a note of the com port you are using, and be sure to select Davis serial when updating.  If for some reason you need to go to Pure USB, you will be required to install the latest weatherlink software & use it to configure your logger to use USB. Only then can you run WVS and select Davis USB.  There is no benefit to going to USB unless your having problems from what I have seen.  Even if you select serial you will still see a message to load Weaterlink. If you are already running VWS you can probably ignore this.

You will need to re-enter your station name, location, altitude etc.  Be sure you noted these settings before you upgrade.

You will need to re-enter the information on the weather underground 5 day forecast screen. Again be sure to note this information before you upgrade.

I have spoken with ED about these, and they are all known...  He is addressing things like crazy, thanks Ed for your assistance.  Some of this may be a repeat, but wanted to put it all in one place

Rich
weather.taftphoto.com