Author Topic: Would Cumulus solve my issue?  (Read 1509 times)

Offline w3mpf

• W3MPF Weather
Would Cumulus solve my issue?
« on: October 20, 2015, 11:26:27 AM »
I am using WL IP to upload to WU, CWOP, and my website.

The issue I am facing and it seems pretty consistent is when I have wl upload to my website real time (1 minute uploads) it stops uploading to CWOP. I should also note that I am not using the native FTP in wl but using local upload with filezilla. I had called Davis and they suggested to set my website upload to 5 minutes and this did in fact do the trick, however I would like to do 1 minute uploads. Would switching to Cumulus solve my problem? Has anyone faced the same issue? I did a couple searches on the forum and came up with some similar posts but could not really get a definitive answer.

Any thoughts here greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Would Cumulus solve my issue?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 02:21:39 PM »
From the Cumulus Configuration Help, and not sure if this addresses your particular issue
Davis TCP/IP SettingsOnly applicable to Davis stations, when connected via TCP/IP
TCP port If your Vantage Pro/Vue is connected via TCP/IP, specify the TCP port number here
IP addressIf your Vantage Pro/Vue is connected via TCP/IP, specify the IP address here
Discon periodCauses Cumulus to disconnect for the specified number of seconds, once a minute, on the minute (or as close as possible) to allow the Weatherlink IP to connect to the Davis Weatherlink site. Keep this figure as low as possible to minimise the amount of time which Cumulus spends disconnected from the station. Set it to zero to disable, if you are not using the Weatherlink site.
Cumulus regular uploads at whatever interval you decide from 1 min.
IntervalTime in minutes between web updates. If you specify a period which is a factor of 60, the uploads will be synchronised to the clock, i.e. they will occur on the hour and every N minutes after the hour.
From the Cumulus Help for WU settings:
IntervalTime in minutes between upload. Weather Underground recommend an interval of 5 or 15 minutes. If you specify a period which is a factor of 60, the uploads will be synchronised to the clock, i.e. they will occur on the hour and every N minutes after the hour. When 'rapid fire' is selected, this setting has no effect; all updates are done in rapid fire mode.
Rapid fireTick this to enable 'rapid fire' mode. You should also tick 'Enabled'. Rapid fire updates occur every 5 seconds.

Paul

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 02:25:21 PM »
I wasn't aware CWOP would take any uploads faster than 5 minutes. I do 7 minutes to CWOP, as far as Cumulus it works well sending realtime updates to WU and can be viewed in realtime with flash player also works with websites running ajax scripts like Kens Saratoga templates he offers. Both send data in near realtime every 4 seconds with Cumulus.

Some examples of realtime with WU and Flash player: http://www.valentinenebraska.net/Adams.php and here: http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNEVALEN2

Ajax realtime website using the Saratoga scripts: http://www.valentinenebraska.net/index.php
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 02:30:01 PM by ValentineWeather »
Randy

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 02:41:02 PM »
I upload APRS/CWOP/at 9 minutes so can't say on any other interval but the Cumulus help says
IntervalTime in minutes between uploads to the APRS server. If you specify a period which is a factor of 60, the uploads will be synchronised to the clock, i.e. they will occur on the hour and every N minutes after the hour.

Paul

Offline w3mpf

• W3MPF Weather
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 08:30:41 PM »
Thank you for the info everyone. I think I am going to have to download cumulus and just do a little trial and error... thanks again