Author Topic: Signup to the forum  (Read 1584 times)

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Signup to the forum
« on: October 23, 2013, 06:15:34 PM »
I have had some correspondence with an individual from Minnesota who has been trying to signup in the forum
Paul,

I've been having trouble registering and setting up an account with http://wxforum.net/......
I can't get past the Captcha stuff...it gives an error message and has me try it again...I know for sure that I'm entering the captchas correctly.  I have emailed the folks but have not heard back.
Anything else he can try?

Offline piconut

• Juggler Extraordinaire
  • Forecaster
    • South Austin Weather
Re: Signup to the forum
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 09:15:39 AM »
If the problem is correctly seeing and interpreting the trippy letters, most Captchas have an audio button for the user to hear the letters/numbers and then type them in (although the audio sometimes sounds more trippy than the printed text looks!)
  • Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
  • Virtual VP
  • Virtual Weather Station V15.00
  • Cumulus
  • Cumulus MX
  • Image Salsa
  • IP TimeLapse

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 09:31:54 AM »
Thanks, I'll pass it on or maybe he is visiting as a guest and will see your suggestion.

Paul

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 02:53:38 PM »
I've been corresponding with the applicant.  Both captcha (the text one and the image-rotation one) have to be solved before pressing the register button.   Using 2 captcha methods just keeps us free from the automated spambot registrations, and the few known spammers (by email or IP or userid) generally get thwarted by being in stopforumspam database, or coming from countries known to have human spam registrants to solve the captchas.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

anything