Author Topic: VWS not loading data  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Rocky_CC

VWS not loading data
« on: March 16, 2013, 02:31:12 PM »
Problem: Virtual Weather only stores data when it is running.  When I reboot each morning it does not pick up the overnight data from the logger????

Background: I have Davis Monitor II station and Weatherlink.   Station has worked normally for several years, with tweaks, as sometimes port connections are hard to find.  I sometimes uninstall and reinstall software, both VWS and Weatherlink, and have unplugged the data monitor on occasion to get it to clear itself.  I mess with file parameters sometimes also.  But somewhere in the process(s) just recently I must have toggled something because it just stopped writing data from the logger.  I have reason to believe that the data is on the logger because the "Downloading Data" screen shows a significant amount of data being loaded every time I connect.  But this info does not show up on the screen graphs on in the data files.  I check the daily.txt files and sure enough the data is only being written when VWS is running and there are blanks during the hours when it is not running.  I collect at 30 minute intervals.  When the program is running, all the parameters are read every 30 minutes and graphed accurately.   ANY ideas would be appreciated. 

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
Re: VWS not loading data
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 02:53:57 PM »
is the time and date on the station correct (e.g especialy if you have gone into day light saving mode now)
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline Rocky_CC

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 12:03:46 PM »
Thanks to "Weather Display" for getting me straightened out.  The fix was to get all my time and dates to agree.  Problem cropped up apparently when I re-booted my Davis data logger to get a port problem fixed.  Then Weatherlink time needed to be reset (which I had not done), and then it took several back and forths to get VWS in agreement, but all's well that ends well.  Thanks again to Weather Display for such a prompt reply.

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 10:15:44 PM »
lucky guess
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com