Author Topic: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options  (Read 87133 times)

Offline xxvincixx

Re: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options
« Reply #450 on: April 11, 2019, 03:58:34 PM »
On altervista, you have to enable external HTTP requests in the control panel .. otherwise, the forecast won't work at all.
I Do not find this option...

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #451 on: April 11, 2019, 04:13:58 PM »
Hmmm... they appear to have dropped that from the settings area.. maybe they're just allowing altervista websites to access external data now.  I couldn't find that setting on my dashboard either  #-o
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline xxvincixx

« Reply #452 on: April 11, 2019, 04:16:39 PM »
Hmmm... they appear to have dropped that from the settings area.. maybe they're just allowing altervista websites to access external data now.  I couldn't find that setting on my dashboard either  #-o
Could you recommend me some other site that is easy to use and free to use weather 34?

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #453 on: April 11, 2019, 04:29:52 PM »
What is the URL to your altervista PWS site?  I'll take a look.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline xxvincixx

« Reply #454 on: April 11, 2019, 04:31:48 PM »
lamiastazionemeteo.altervista.org

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #455 on: April 11, 2019, 04:36:01 PM »
The one http://lamiastazionemeteo.altervista.org/pws/  fails.
This one works
http://lamiastazionemeteo.altervista.org/PWS/
Wim
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 04:47:28 PM by wvdkuil »

Offline xxvincixx

« Reply #456 on: April 11, 2019, 04:48:40 PM »
This is the message I get, the folder is there but the index.php is missing.
Or you are still in the 24-hour blocked time for new sites.
alterVista
Index page missing
The directory /pws/ does not contain an index file.

You have to create a page called index.html, index.htm or index.php (lower case).

Warning: if you have just activated your site you might have to wait up to 24 hours before it is visible.

Can you check with your filezilla if that index.php really is there or not?

But this one works
Wim
Yes, but that's not the data from my station... It'S like it's a demo...

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #457 on: April 11, 2019, 04:51:17 PM »
. . . shortened . . .
But this one works
Wim

1.You now have to run the setup from the menu
2. You need to tell the meteobridge to upload your data using mb-api
These are some of the steps to get the Meteobridge talking to your website.

Sucess,
Wim
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 04:53:09 PM by wvdkuil »

Offline xxvincixx

« Reply #458 on: April 11, 2019, 04:59:56 PM »
. . . shortened . . .
But this one works
Wim

Sucess,
Wim
Could you help me configure it? I'm Sorry but I'm a novice.. 😁 😁 😁

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #459 on: April 12, 2019, 03:13:38 AM »
. . . shortened . . .
. . . shortened . . .
Could you help me configure it? I'm Sorry but I'm a novice.. 😁 😁 😁
That is very difficult to do from outside, in a strange language.
And I am not familiar with this version of the weather34/ template

But you yourself use Italian,
you know the name of your station,
you know your e-mail-address and you can read the mails which can come in when requesting an API-key for METAR and Darksky.

If you start with opening the settings
described here https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/guides/setup.html
and doing it question by question, it will work.

Setting the Meteobridge option is described at https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/guides/mb34.html

Wim

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #460 on: April 12, 2019, 05:35:18 AM »
this is just a copy of the edited 1st post in this thread ..

Please read carefully and don’t assume it is what it reads !

As of April Friday 19th 2019 i can no longer offer support or maintain this template going forward , it is not a case of not wanting too or being just overwhelmed or bored with it .Other personal circumstances will take a majority of my time away from being able to offer support and offer any response in a timely manner , it may be many months before I can actually focus on it again and probably the chances I would have to re educate myself on most things relative to the template . As of now i can usually spot the obvious issue pretty much in a few minutes and resolve them in a timely manner(most issues I see are at server level in fact 90% is server issues and 10% is my oversight or just my stupidity not in crosschecking).

I kindly ask do not email me or send any PM(personal messages via forums) i can not respond in any timely manner and probably by the time I get to read it or in a position to offer any possible answer you would have either resolved it with help from the forum users or just moved on with something else and gave up..

As the template is today it is primed for meteobridge users only , there other variants to support other software,hardware being maintained by other experienced enthusiasts listed below.

Meteobridge version is now in a bit of a limbo the offer back in January of being maintained as got some unexpected outcome his wife announced their having their first child and also he needs to relocate in his work to nearer home  ,so if that was me I would be a happy man so it is what it is and I have not been able to find anyone willing to maintain it ,

Updated : William Bailey aka lighmaster has agreed to maintain the GITHUB repo taking over support and maintaining the template for the foreseeable future .

so the GITHUB version https://github.com/weather34/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template is the master version.

I kindly ask do not distribute any variants of this meteobridge version as I may in 6-12 months time pick up where it is today. I understand the personal tweaks many make for themselves I see no issues that it is your domain,website and you want it to suit your needs but importantly not all personal tweaks work for others for various reasons ,perhaps hardware differences,or a particular feature that is unique to your needs. So please this is the master version and having any chance to pick up in the future it would
likely need to be where I left off.https://github.com/weather34/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template

Cumulus Version is kindly and much appreciated maintained by Ken True(saratoga) this version resembles a similar code to what is used in meteobridge version and has the possibility to use various modules from the meteobridge version where applicable based on cumulus realtime.txt values.Im in debt too many users from the cumulus forum over the last few years they were incredibly helpful and constructive in there ideas and resolving issues.

Weather Display Version is kindly maintained/developed and much appreciated by Wim van de Kuil(Leuven) this version is not really anything todo with myself or the meteobridge version completely different in its code structure and has little chance of using any recent modules made for the meteobridge version without some extensive rewriting of pretty much anything. This version just looks similar but underneath its completely not my code and therefore it is very important you liaise with Wim to iron out any issues .

Weewx Version there are a few variants but the main one is maintained by Ian Millard(claydonsweather) and is built on the recent framework of the current meteobridge this version seems to have very little issues and has a good chance of using any recent modules or design ideas from the meteobridge version.

Other variants like weathercat,atmocomm,rasperry Pi are around but I understand very little about these I guess google is your friend to try and source information.

Im often asked why I just focused on meteobridge ? the answer is really quite simple I trust the meteobridge  product range and the developer(Boris) it simply does what I want without much upkeep I can leave it on for months just doing what I want it todo, im currently at 107 days without any changes or reboots now thats what i wanted stability and install / forget ..

as for the meteobridge product range  runs exactly how I wanted to run a weather station from when I first was interested in owning a weather station, Ive never been interested in trying a dedicated computer to do what I want personally  .Ive tried software approach many years ago but it never fulfilled my needs or offer any trust factor in terms of stability id wake up next day with a blue screen or come back a few hours later with locked up mouse.I simply loathe windows based computers and have never used one for anything reliable or dependancy for 14 years after losing many years of photography work due to a corrupt OS after an update,i learnt the hard way and I know what i should have done but hindsight always tells you that after and today I do it every day at 11:59pm automatically..

Also please never forget this template as always been free and has never been surrounded by calls for donations and costs of personal time or server upkeeps (i get that part and see no reason to question anyone why they feel the need to cover the costs for server and cost of there personal time but to me it is always a hobby the day it doesn’t feel like an hobby it is time to move on to find something else to occupy the free time) .
I also used the simplest methods of distributing where possible in recent years (early on I tried the get in touch approach and issue download but that just raised unnecessary assumptions about something that never existed and you just end up just dealing with a noisy bunch of paranoid views instead of trying to produce something useful). I also used a local server an old 2010 mac mini with XAMPP this allowed to constantly keep up with changes in various PHP releases from 5.7 upto the current XAMPP PHP 7.3.3 release.

Lastly a special thanks to two individuals

Boris at meteobridge(smartbedded) https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Home a true realistic logical person you know exactly where you stand and he gives the most honest answers and you get realistic outcomes .he is a generous man and strives for the perfect weather station solution , I honestly would not have a such a reliable setup in my honest opinion if I had never been able to work with him and communicate in a collaborative manner.

David St John at Weatherflow  http://weatherflow.com, another individual who is logical and responsively thoughtful ,his patience and understanding is admirable .this is also reflected in the way weatherflow reacts to there customer base .I strongly recommend to get behind this company if you want something fresh and innovative in the near future.

phew so you read this far
have a cigar,You're gonna go far,You're gonna fly high

or you may feel like singing aloud

When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain you would not understand
This is not how I am
I have become comfortably numb

have a great year ahead and do what makes you happy ….brian

« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 06:19:11 PM by weather34 »

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #461 on: April 12, 2019, 08:51:23 AM »
All the best Brian and hope to still see you here on occasion.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
« Reply #462 on: April 12, 2019, 10:38:02 PM »
Brian,
Thanks for all your support the many times I needed it.  You are a stand-up contributor to your craft.

Stay healthy and keep singing vintage Pink Floyd & stay numb!

Phil A.
GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #463 on: April 13, 2019, 04:13:08 AM »
good morning thank you paul and phil glad I was able to help in some way . as for the meteobridge it is now in safe hands William as agreed to maintain it for the foreseeable future and already has some improvements under the hood to add .so good outcome for all versions .I hope it gives many some enjoyment and a friendly user experience.

William has a good understanding of how the template works and is compiled. I approached him a few weeks ago because of his input and ability to use the GITHUB features ,he has contributed positively in the last few months so I put my trust in him . think he a similar view of how the template appearance should be. anyway have a great weekend and yes Pink Floyd the music i put on when i need some inspiration
"There is no pain you are receding
a distant ship's smoke on the horizon
you are the only coming through in waves
your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying" :-)

https://github.com/weather34/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
    • Myrtle Beach - Rain or Shine
« Reply #464 on: April 13, 2019, 08:25:24 AM »
Brian,

Many thanks for your outstanding contributions to the WX community. I have appreciated your gracious help and support and I am glad to hear that William has agreed to stand in, during your absence.

Best wishes to you and your family, and keep in touch!

Thanks again,

Chuck

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #465 on: April 13, 2019, 04:12:21 PM »
Brian I think you should always include a poll in your posts asking "when is Brian going to start supporting and developing his template again" or vice-versa, when is he going to quit again.

I remained quiet for quite a while, but I just can no longer resist, this is plain hilarious. If I ever decide to call it a day, similarly to what Wim did recently, that will mean the end (not tham Im planning that right now). In just the last year you stopped and started again supporting your template at least 5 times and in previous years likewise.

You should realize that this is only causing great confusion to all users of your IMHO quite nice template. I think no-one really knows now, which version is supported, which platform... just a huge mess.

And yes I know this will make you hate me even more, but I just had to say it (and Im by far not the only one with this opinion, just that it is discussed by emails or PMs).

Im just used to say what I think...

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
« Reply #466 on: April 13, 2019, 04:16:56 PM »
Brian I think you should always include a poll in your posts asking "when is Brian going to start supporting and developing his template again" or vice-versa, when is he going to quit again.

I remained quiet for quite a while, but I just can no longer resist, this is plain hilarious. If I ever decide to call it a day, similarly to what Wim did recently, that will mean the end (not tham Im planning that right now). In just the last year you stopped and started again supporting your template at least 5 times and in previous years likewise.

You should realize that this is only causing great confusion to all users of your IMHO quite nice template. I think no-one really knows now, which version is supported, which platform... just a huge mess.

And yes I know this will make you hate me even more, but I just had to say it (and Im by far not the only one with this opinion, just that it is discussed by emails or PMs).

Im just used to say what I think...

[tup] [tup]

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #467 on: April 13, 2019, 04:44:34 PM »
your the one with issues I'm afraid not me and we can all be socially inept thats what determines a troll sorry you feel that way but it is what it is I'm not going to lose any sleep over it you may think what you want ,makes no odds to me at all why would it ? .this a thread about a template not a thread to troll and throw derogatory personal opinions ,  but you are who you are your entitled to your opinion and if thats the way you feel not much i want to say or can do. never met you so to me throwing insulting screen messages at each other doesn't really resolve anything or give myself any satisfaction perhaps the onlookers like to get a kick out of it and get there popcorn out:-) ..

I seriously certainly wouldn't have gone to all the trouble of finding enthusiasts to maintain various versions especially respected enthusiastic developers amongst these forums thats just dumb or ignorant of other peoples time and commitment .

end of the day i don't hold grudges to wise to lose time and waste energy and i don't use forums to openly insult unless provoked or I dont judge.if  people  have an issue with myself then I can only say sorry perhaps if you actually new me then you might hold a different view .. so I can only say sorry to anyone who feels I have insulted them ..move on Jachym its a waste of time focus on your on work make it better make your user base happy im sure they miss the days of your daily plugin , block releases ..FWIW take care..

brian

Offline seaman55

• Seamanville Weather
« Reply #468 on: April 14, 2019, 04:58:23 AM »
I'm going through a MeteoBridge Pro now, so I ran across this, and I'm curious if anyone else is seeing it. If you are using an MBP, you can't use the davisconsoleoutlook advisory (possition4) since it bypasses or replaces the console, so I turned on the standard advisory which uses darksky. Then I enabled forecast3wu (possition6), and after a few hours I noticed update issues in those 2 cells, it seems like Davis and WU want to work together, and darksky and darksky want to work together for the advisory and forecast fields.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 05:03:56 AM by seaman55 »
http://seamanville.com/pws
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Daytime-FARS/Meteobridge Pro/ weather34 template on Raspi v3 B+/PurpleAir AQI sensor
Wireless ISS sitting ground/Wireless Wind, Solar, UV sitting roof
Monroe, Washington USA
WU:     KWAMONRO94
CWOP: FW4493
PWS:   FRYELANDS01

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #469 on: April 14, 2019, 05:09:22 AM »
I'm going through a MeteoBridge Pro now, so I ran across this, and I'm curious if anyone else is seeing it. If you are using an MBP, you can't use the davisconsoleoutlook advisory (possition4) since it bypasses or replaces the console, so I turned on the standard advisory which uses darksky. Then I enabled forecast3wu (possition6), and after a few hours I noticed update issues in those 2 cells, it seems like Davis and WU want to work together, and darksky and darksky want to work together for the advisory and forecast fields.

good morning

only last night i found some emails from piet mentioning similar , is it weather underground  when selected the only time it happens .if i dont find anything today i will forward on to william..im sure he will be able to help..

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #470 on: April 14, 2019, 02:44:36 PM »

good morning

only last night i found some emails from piet mentioning similar , is it weather underground  when selected the only time it happens .if i dont find anything today i will forward on to william..im sure he will be able to help..

I have this same problem.

Thanks for updating us!

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #471 on: April 15, 2019, 08:20:13 PM »

good morning

I have this same problem.

Thanks for updating us!

When you say "update issues", what exactly is it doing? Do you mind opening a Github Issue describing exactly what issue its having with updating?

Offline xxvincixx

« Reply #472 on: April 20, 2019, 02:09:21 AM »
Hello Everyone, finally I managed to properly install the dashboard weather 34 on my nano SD (via Altervista) Now I have only one problem, I do not update the weather forecast of the next 3 days and current conditions. I entered the field both the key API and the name of my station weatherunderground but I do not have the exact current conditions (the temperature in F even if I want it in C) and then, as I said before, are not updated as time...
I Enclose an image to make you account for my problem... Thank you

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #473 on: April 20, 2019, 03:44:08 AM »
Hello Everyone, finally I managed to properly install the dashboard weather 34 on my nano SD (via Altervista) Now I have only one problem, I do not update the weather forecast of the next 3 days and current conditions. I entered the field both the key API and the name of my station weatherunderground but I do not have the exact current conditions (the temperature in F even if I want it in C) and then, as I said before, are not updated as time...

Double check all your units on the settings page, particularly the WU and Darksky ones. Also, what's the url of your site?

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #474 on: April 20, 2019, 03:55:07 AM »

Alright, figured it out, in your Meteobridge, you need to set a http request to run every 15 mins. Have it call the url http://lamiastazionemeteo.altervista.org/pws/mbdbfiles/stationcron.php

Also, make sure you have a http request set for 23:45 that calls the addtoyear.php for your url and another set for midnight that calls the empty.php like in the picture below.

anything