Author Topic: Dead batteries inside  (Read 1985 times)

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Dead batteries inside
« on: September 27, 2011, 07:53:14 AM »
Since the WMR968 is not my primary station, I discovered the batteries were dead in the inside temp/rh/barometer sensor.  :oops:  So, in case anyone was interested, if the barometer is ---- on the console, WU will show barometer as 18.59 in. hg. You can look at my 968 history on WU for the past week or so to check it out.   
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
Re: Dead batteries inside
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 11:01:42 AM »
Greg,
Interesting, you didnt get the spike before the tank...

I have missed the battery change twice.  You have 7-10 days after the warning indicator comes up the remote.
In my case, the pressure rose to a near impossible high over a few days, then quickly fell to around where you ended up.  There was still enough juice to connect to console so for me at least the issue was not at WU.   I think they just propagate the last sent value.

Andrew

ps: The irony of the battery change indicator is that I have had extra sensors last a few months to a few years on low battery with normal results, but the internal one no likey the the low battery.

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 03:32:33 PM »
Greg,
Interesting, you didnt get the spike before the tank...

Hi Andrew

WU is not showing any baro info on the graphs right now.  I guess it was so bad, they disabled it.  Hopefully, the new good info will start showing up soon.

PWS Weather does have a graph of the pressure, though:

ps: The irony of the battery change indicator is that I have had extra sensors last a few months to a few years on low battery with normal results, but the internal one no likey the the low battery.

That IS ironic. 

I guess it's time to check ALL of my batteries on all of my stations.   :-k
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 03:44:58 PM »
WU has your info, but I also could not find it at first.  It seems if you have the last few days in your "custom" search it shows nothing for entire period.  I even did jan 1 to today, and no graph. 

But if you do 09/07 to 09/25 you can see your demise.  The 26th is the day that kills the custom range.

Andrew

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64