Author Topic: Printed Weather reports  (Read 3874 times)

Offline Ian poole

Printed Weather reports
« on: January 29, 2009, 07:44:18 PM »
I have purchased a 'WMR 200A' weather monitoring station for the purpose of being able to specifically monitor the temperature and humidity through out the days when we are pouring large amounts of concrete on a construction project.

I have down loaded some software to be able to record the data collected.

The software I have downloaded is 'Weather Display - Ver 10.37j - Basic version - WMR200'

This particular piece of soft ware does not seem to be particularly user friendly unless one has a greater understanding of meteorology.

In particular I want to be able to do two things

Chose a date in the recent past (2 or 3 days) and print out a log of temerature and humidity over that 24 hour period for our QA files.

Every half hour on the days we are pouring concrete I want to be able to print out a report of some kind showing temperature and humidity that can be forwraded to the concrete batching plant so they can adjust their concrete mix to suit the conditions on site. The reason for this is because the project site is in Canberra and when we are pouring concrete in the winter we can be starting at 6 AM when the temerature can be -1C and we need to add certain chemicals to the mix to make sure that it will cure properly but we can be finishing a pour around lunch time when the temerature has risen to 20C and we could potentially be needing to add diferent chemicals to slow down the curing process.

I need some advice on how I could achieve these requirements with the software I have already or could someone recommend some suitable software.

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
Re: Printed Weather reports
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 09:28:53 PM »
You might want to join the Weather Display forum at http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/ and ask your question over there.

Offline Ian poole

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 10:39:43 PM »
Done that

Thanks

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 08:41:55 AM »
Or you could download the trial ver of VWS and give it a whirl. WD is a great piece of software. But I find it has a steep learning curve. Oh the other hand I find VWS much easier to learn to use.

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE

Offline Ian poole

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 04:52:26 PM »
Anthony,

Yes VWS appears much more user friendly.

It has the exact format for the reports that I want however I still cant get it to ptoduce more than 3 lines of data.

Probably becuase I haven't paid for it yet

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 05:07:27 PM »
I can't imagine using a weather station at a concrete pour site.  :)  have you considered a stand alone thing like http://www.microdaq.com/lascar/usb-temp-humidity-lcd-logger.php
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 05:23:03 PM »
In looking at printing weather reports, I found that WeatherView32 had the best weather report generation built in. However, it is pricey and you have to wait years and years and years to see any new version of the software. Last update from 6 to 7 did nothing for us VPro2 folks. I do like the VWphp module. Eventhough it is external, and you have to set up a MySql database (some learning curve here) I am able to get the date\range\item selection that WV32 gives.

Garth

In Illinois....Our Governors Make Our License Plates
In Illinois....You're Innocent Until Elected Governor

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 08:33:43 AM »
When you download a trial ver of VWS it is fully functional. I have used the e-mail function of VWS in the past. But my ISP now requires authenication on their mail servers. So thre for I can't use the e-mail function.

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE

Offline unclemoosh

• Geaux Saints!
    • Frances' Weather
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 12:04:31 PM »
When you download a trial ver of VWS it is fully functional. I have used the e-mail function of VWS in the past. But my ISP now requires authenication on their mail servers. So thre for I can't use the e-mail function.

I use SMTPAuth at http://sourceforge.net/projects/smtpauth/.  It works without a hitch.

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 12:50:32 PM »
you could copy/paste the needed section of data from the WD main logfile into notepad.exe and print that section direct from there
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 02:28:10 PM »
smptauth worked for me depending on what ISP I had. Worked with verizon. Could never get it to work with suddenlink. So since not many people every requested/requests any reports. I just quit worrying about it.

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 11:54:52 AM »
I had version 13 set up to page me when temps dropped or rose to a certain level as well as a big wind gust.
I never could get it to do what I wanted it to do and have not configured it yet in 14.00P54

I actually wanted it to send a different subject line for each alert but couldn't get that done :)

Maybe I need to play with it some more and figure it out LOL!!

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

Offline ryan_y

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 12:18:55 PM »
Anthony,
I'm using Free SMTP server to make the email alarms work with VWS.  So far its working...

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 04:54:32 PM »
Diff WS, but you could get an idea  here:  http://tobaccovilleweather.com/WeatherlinkEmail.html
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

anything