Author Topic: "Best Forecast"  (Read 2820 times)

Offline LFWX

• Forecaster
  • Liberty Township, Butler County, Ohio
    • Liberty Fairfield Weather Center
"Best Forecast"
« on: February 16, 2012, 09:50:57 PM »
Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Fan Aspirated
Software: Virtual Weather Station V14.00p64
www.LFWeatherCenter.com
CWOP: DW1039
CoCoRaHS: OH-BT-1
Weather Underground: KOHHAMIL7
Weather For You: DW1039
Midwestern Weather Network

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
Re: "Best Forecast"
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 10:55:29 PM »
Now sure if it's "new" It's been there for a while. About a year or so when Wunderground redid their site.

Does Best Forecast not work on stations that haven't reported for a few hours? Every now and then my station will go offline for a few hours and after that, Best Forecast only give that of neighboring stations and takes days before mine comes back on. I'd imagine it can't work with gaps in the data. So it must get rid of that before it can properly forecast.

Oh well. I don't like the data from my neighboring station which is a few blocks over their station isn't sited too well the anemometer is placed low on the roof where Venturi currents give higher than actual wind speeds the temperature and humidity are only 3 Ft off of a black top roof where the temperature is often higher than the actual temperature while the humidity is lower they don't have their barometer set so the air pressure is way out there. No other stations in my immediate area. Have to rely on the NWS for my forecast.
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

anything