Author Topic: Vanatge Pro 2 Console Problem  (Read 2944 times)

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
Re: Vanatge Pro 2 Console Problem
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2017, 06:00:27 PM »
Thanks Dale,
I know Gord and him being a HAM, could this be an issue because of his other equipment in the house?

Paul
What frequencies does he transmit on? Are they in (near or a multiple of) the ISS's 902-928MHz bandwidth?
Not saying it can't, but how would RF affect a baro sensor?
It (RF) would NOT affect the sensor itself, but rather its ELECTRONIC circuitry devices.
Ahhh yes, didn't think of that. Maybe he should make a little Farady cage to temporarily experiment with.

Offline Old Tele man

• Singing in the rain...
  • Forecaster
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2017, 06:46:02 PM »
A simple (grounded) "Tin-foil" hat...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:50:25 PM by Old Tele man »
• SYS: Davis VP2 Vue/WL-IP & Envoy8X/WL-USB;
• DBX2 & DBX1 Precision Digital Barographs
• CWOP: DW6988 - 2 miles NNE of Cortaro, AZ
• WU - KAZTUCSO202, Countryside

Offline VA3TWT

• Blenheim Weather
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2017, 07:17:42 PM »
I did have the console right next to my radio gear, and I have now moved if a few feet away.  I will do more testing.

Thanks all!
Gord

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2017, 07:36:12 PM »
I did have the console right next to my radio gear, and I have now moved if a few feet away.  I will do more testing.

Thanks all!
Gord

I'm glad I asked.  Now is the time to remove all power (battery and AC) from the console, wait a minute, and restore power.  That might get the barometric reading back - although I doubt it.

After you get a replacement console, it would apparently be advisable to not have it right next to your radio gear.

Out of curiosity - exactly what piece(s) of equipment was it near?

de W5VBQ

Offline VA3TWT

• Blenheim Weather
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2017, 07:44:52 PM »
There was a 30 amp power supply above the console, an LDG autotuner and an IC-7100 transceiver below it.  There was  a Motorola speaker on one side, with nothing on the other side.

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2017, 08:58:40 AM »
There was a 30 amp power supply above the console, an LDG autotuner and an IC-7100 transceiver below it.  There was  a Motorola speaker on one side, with nothing on the other side.

Is the IC-7100 running barefoot, or do you have an amplifier?
In addition to the frequency question, what kind of antenna do you have. What is the distance from the antenna to the console?
It might be worthwhile to add a clamp-on ferrite filter appropriate to the offending frequencies to the USB and maybe another one to the console power.

73 de KE8DAF
Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline VA3TWT

• Blenheim Weather
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2017, 09:05:57 AM »
IC-7100 is barefoot and connected to a Hustler multi-band vertical which is about 30 feet away. I will add the ferrites as suggested.  Thanks!

Is the IC-7100 running barefoot, or do you have an amplifier?
In addition to the frequency question, what kind of antenna do you have. What is the distance from the antenna to the console?
It might be worthwhile to add a clamp-on ferrite filter appropriate to the offending frequencies to the USB and maybe another one to the console power.

73 de KE8DAF
Greg H.