Author Topic: (Now working) Cannot start WD  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
(Now working) Cannot start WD
« on: June 29, 2017, 01:42:54 AM »
Hi folks

I turned on the weather PC monitors at 5am, yep, all looks good at a quick glance
come 5:45 something aint right, i cannot log into the weather PC remotely, so i goes
to the computer and noticed it had crashed at 4:45 #-o it was as though it froze up
no mouse, no movement from WD, just froze, so, i hard reset the pc, once it was back
WD will not start, some exception or another, i forget now, but its similar if not the same
as the notice when theres a corrupt image, but, there is no corrupt image, checked the
lot, I have tried restoring the .reg and .ini from the WD backup files. nope, nothing, tried
reinstalling from the latest full exe. nope, still will not start, B81 starts though.

The exception occurs at the graphing point in the startup procedure, i cannot give a screen
shot as yet due to trying a system restore now, tried a restore to 3 days ago but that failed
so not going back to the 19th, if this fails, im out of options

screen shot now added, both system restores failed due to some windows app issue :(
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 03:08:24 AM by Bashy »
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
Re: Cannot start WD
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 03:07:48 AM »
All system restores failed, so I ended up having to do a fresh install of WD and go from there,now thinking about it, I now think that even though the webcam image looked OK as a thumbnail, hindsight I should have tried to open them.

Hey ho, it's working again....
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
Re: (Now working) Cannot start WD
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 02:38:12 PM »
that error usually occurs when there is a corrupted web cam image file, which has occured when windows has crashed or the pc suddenly turned off (power cut)

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
Re: (Now working) Cannot start WD
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 03:00:51 PM »
Yeah, that's what I figured Brian, but I couldn't find it, I can only. Assume that whilst the thumbnail looked, ok, the actual image must have been faulty, I tried.my hardest to find it as I know you was looking for one but I just couldn't track the faulty (not ebay lol) one down, in the end, I think it was cause I disabled all main screen images in B81, this then allowed me to load up the latest build, I then just re-enable the images again...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 12:40:09 AM by Bashy »
Kind regards
Bashy

anything