Author Topic: check-fetch-times responds with "notice" reply  (Read 625 times)

Offline rlee171

• Contributor
check-fetch-times responds with "notice" reply
« on: March 04, 2017, 09:16:27 PM »
Good evening all,

I haven't done any housecleaning in awhile. I noticed that we are up to php version 5.4.19, an upgraded I completed today. Following the procedure followed here, I upgraded the check-fetch-times and came up with the following results (please look at the attached file) After running the check-fetch-times.php?show=versions I was shocked to see how many updates I have to do. I preffer to sucessfily comeplete one before for approaching the next. I have spent a couple of hours and have been unable to identify the culprit to my original issue. I found it interesting that the 2 test it ran stated that the  test was successful even thought there was a Notice: "Undefined index". I am attempting correct one problem at a time so that I can learn and understand the processes and expand my knowledge and fight my way thought these addional iisues listed in the php? show versions.

I have attached a small file referencing the entire result. Thank you for the unselfish support and kind compassionate group of men and ladies who selfishly help us less qualified participants in this fulfilling passion and hobby.

Sincerely,

Ralph Lee   
Peaceful Hills Weather
hsnpar.org                 

Davis VP2 
Blitzortung Stations: 1387  1445  2315
Cumulus
GRLevel3

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: check-fetch-times responds with "notice" reply
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 09:24:55 PM »
Hi Ralph,

The check-fetch-times.php can report
Notice: Undefined index primary_port ...
when fetching external websites on some PHP installations where the curl function doesn't return that data.  PHP 5.4.x is such a version.  PHP 5.5+,5.6+,7.x don't exhibit that issue with the utility.

The message is informational only and does not alter the functioning of the script, so you can safely ignore it.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline rlee171

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 11:27:32 AM »
Thank you Ken...   5.4 is the latest that GoDaddy offers. 
Davis VP2 
Blitzortung Stations: 1387  1445  2315
Cumulus
GRLevel3

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 04:23:46 PM »
I'll be releasing an updated check-fetch-times.php on 6-Mar-2017 (along with a release of advforecast2.php+DualImage.php for the USA rollout of the new forecast.weather.gov website on 7-Mar-2017).
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

anything