Author Topic: Davis VP2 rain total not displayed in Saratoga templates  (Read 1537 times)

Offline lobsterman

• Senior Contributor
    • Cape Small Harbor Weather
Davis VP2 rain total not displayed in Saratoga templates
« on: January 29, 2017, 11:06:21 AM »
The console display of my Davis VP2 shows the rain year total (for 2017) of 1.2" but this is not being picked up by the saratoga templates, which show so far only the rain from the last two or three days of .2". Is there a setting I am missing here to get all the data from the console? The cable is a Davis USB connected to a meteobridge device.

http://suiattle.net/DinkinsBayouWeather/st/wxindex.php

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Davis VP2 rain total not displayed in Saratoga templates
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 05:03:38 PM »
The console display of my Davis VP2 shows the rain year total (for 2017) of 1.2" but this is not being picked up by the saratoga templates, which show so far only the rain from the last two or three days of .2". Is there a setting I am missing here to get all the data from the console? The cable is a Davis USB connected to a meteobridge device.

Your site is running Meteobridge and the $WX['rain0total-yearsum'] = '0.20'; // rain total this year
in your MBtags.php shows what Meteobridge thinks is the total for this year.  I think the default for 'year' is to reset the value on January 1 of each year.

Best regards,
Ken
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 05:06:12 PM by saratogaWX »
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline lobsterman

• Senior Contributor
    • Cape Small Harbor Weather
Re: Davis VP2 rain total not displayed in Saratoga templates
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 05:15:00 PM »

Your site is running Meteobridge and the $WX['rain0total-yearsum'] = '0.20'; // rain total this year
in your MBtags.php shows what Meteobridge thinks is the total for this year.  I think the default for 'year' is to reset the value on January 1 of each year.

Best regards,
Ken

Ken,

What I wonder is why the Davis console shows 1.2" when I press the RAINyr button on the console. The 1.2" is correct for the current calendar year. Is there a Start Date/Station Birthday setting somewhere I have overlooked?