Author Topic: improving the the WS1001 (clones) screen layout  (Read 42497 times)

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
Re: improving the the WS1001 (clones) screen layout
« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2017, 12:46:00 PM »
My Gad its so cute, and its user friendly. Thank You for this, it helps viewing on iphones and android mobile phones (im currently stydying this more) and im looking to change the pointer for wind direction, intead of circle, I will change it into arrow point for a nice view of wind direction pointer, also, I want to change its regional earthquakes that points 1500KM from my location radius. I wish I could had the WS-1001 now

http://pimohweather.webutu.com/pimohweather/
Hello not sure your talking about the screen modification ? but the template i think

anyway for wind direction you would need to edit css with border lines for example a triangle(pointer) a simple way but adding this into the template is not so easy unless your confident in the inline css of windspeeddirection.php

replace it will give you a triangle (needle)

.thearrow2:after{content:'';position:absolute;left:50%;top:0;
height:15px;width:15px;background-color:none;width: 0;height: 0;border-style: solid;border-width: 0 7.5px 15px 7.5px;
border-color: transparent transparent #9aba2f transparent;
-webkit-transform:translate(-50%,-50%);-moz-transform:translate(-50%,-50%);-o-transform:translate(-50%,-50%);-ms-transform:translate(-50%,-50%);transform:translate(-50%,-50%);-webkit-transition-duration:3s;
-moz-transition-duration:3s;-o-transition-duration:3s;-ms-transition-duration:3s;transition-duration:3s}

earthquakes
settings.php
$notifyDistEQ       = 700; // miles if $windunit is mph otherwise km

hope it helps see attached ..brian

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
  • "Be aware to our nature"
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2017, 09:58:48 PM »
Nice Thanks. I updates the size and color of the pointer too that can easily notified by the eyes when moving. About the screen modification, I mean. . . .the template because I wonder if I can change the wind direction pointer and Thank you for the instaruction of earth quake, but is this already pointed to my location ex: in philippine area? because the latest quake is always pointing away from the philippine area? Thank You. (I cant wait for you to release these in mobile apps ) ^^
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 12:37:33 AM by pimohdaimaoh »

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
    • PIMOHWEATHER
Request for Rain image color indicator
« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2017, 12:56:32 AM »
Hello Sir, I just wonder if someone can add a table for image or icon indicator for rain data in home weather station template (similar to thermometer, wind and baro image indicator) , since im living in a trophical country, if theres anyone who can modified the dashboard then add a script as the rain level increases, there will be an image indicator with color to indicate warning based on the rain level, as you can see below my simple illustration on my proposed how will do it.

When the rain level in mm reaches between 7.5 - 15 mm, the color / image icon changes to color YELLOW indicated that the rain is heavy. and when the level reaches between 15 - 30mm of rain, the icon indicator will change its color to ORANGE, and so on when the level reaches more than 30 mm, the indicator image/icon will change to RED color.  indicating its time for EVACUATION  (over flooded conditon).. However a GREEN icon will be the the indication for MODERATE if rain is below 7.5mm/hr

Thank You in advance and I appreciate your response.

(my under construction test weather website: http://pimohweather.webutu.com/wxindex.php)

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
    • PIMOHWEATHER
Re: My Apologies for mistakenly deleting weather34.com link
« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2017, 01:16:19 PM »
Hi Sir Brian,

I read your message and I feel how you get upset for that incident and I understand what you feel but pls. dont misunderstood of what really happened, I already PM'ed you to explain what really happened and I didnt noticed, I never meant to delete the link script since im too busy modifying some texts and fonts on the template but my plan is to mentained the original link of www.weather34.com to get to know who really the creators of the templates are, now at last due to my nervous reaction of getting you upset, I found the deleted script part which I accidentally delete the script line. You can see the screenshots below of my proof that all of these templates I uploaded for my weather page are credited to all of your hardwork. I Apologize for what happened and you dont have to worry now because all are set and restored correctly, the weather34.com on the main template right side of the page and the links that are accidentally deleted. Thank You for your understanding.

(heres my still under test page and all of the missing / deleted links are already restored: http://pimohweather.webutu.com/pimohweather/)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 01:29:04 PM by pimohdaimaoh »

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2017, 02:00:45 PM »
Im sure Brian will understand. It can happen and the important thing is you actually did it by mistake and were willing to change it. Ive had the same experience with several users of my template too, placing their own copyright and deleting all original credits and very often, when asked about it, they never got back to me. So in this case Im sure he will be ok with it.

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2017, 08:28:04 PM »
Thank you for point that out sir. I did a mistake without noticing it,  if you look at the template, the deleted line is small and below the corner of the main template and also, the text script in his templates are scrambled so Im having a hard time to trace and edit some text for some change and without noticing it, I already deleted some lines that supposed to be stayed there. well I hope he considers it that I never owning all the templates Ive been modified, I carefully putting credits to the real owners or programmers of the script. Because if
I have intentionally to delete the copyrights, well I would  also deleted all of Ken (seratoga templates) credits too? but I never do that because im not that kind of people, Im an artist too but in different ways like animation and drawing, I feel how to be disrespected or stolen arts from. I hope Sir Brian reconsiders it.

(my under testing site http://pimohweather.webutu.com/wxindex.php)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 01:47:29 AM by pimohdaimaoh »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2017, 08:36:33 PM »
Im sure he will, Brian is not quick to take offence.

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #132 on: March 04, 2017, 01:33:14 PM »
Yeah, time will tell........ The decision will be in his hands now  :-(

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
    • Myrtle Beach - Rain or Shine
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2017, 10:27:50 AM »
Will this work for the screen for the Ambient Weather WS-1200-IP?

It looks identical to the WS1001. The default design of the WS1200 is boring and confusing.

Would love to try this on the WS1200 if it will work?

This worked fine for me on the Ambient 1200 IP. Changed the dates and versions in the main.ini and update.ini. Changed GraphApi=false (in main.ini) to true. Changed DeleteDatabase=true (in update.ini) to false. Replaced the themes folder with new themes. Copied the new themes.ini into the root of "Update EasyWeather" firmware update. Powered down the display and inserted the sdcard with the modified EasyWeather firmware. Powered up the display and the updated screen appeared. Caution: I did lose the database and some other settings in Setup, in spite of changing the DeleteDatabase=true to false.

An excellent improvement.

Thanks Brian.

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2017, 10:41:44 AM »
Will this work for the screen for the Ambient Weather WS-1200-IP?

It looks identical to the WS1001. The default design of the WS1200 is boring and confusing.

Would love to try this on the WS1200 if it will work?

This worked fine for me on the Ambient 1200 IP. Changed the dates and versions in the main.ini and update.ini. Changed GraphApi=false (in main.ini) to true. Changed DeleteDatabase=true (in update.ini) to false. Replaced the themes folder with new themes. Copied the new themes.ini into the root of "Update EasyWeather" firmware update. Powered down the display and inserted the sdcard with the modified EasyWeather firmware. Powered up the display and the updated screen appeared. Caution: I did lose the database and some other settings in Setup, in spite of changing the DeleteDatabase=true to false.

An excellent improvement.

Thanks Brian.

Offline Rychu

• Contributor
  • Type of station: HP1001WiFi & WH2600IP (WS1400IP)
    • Check on-line measurements and forecasts of Gdansk in Poland
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2017, 04:34:38 PM »
What could be causing erroneous display the time of sunrise and sunset when upgrading to a new template? Time, latitude, longitude and time zone are set correctly. This can be somehow correct the files? The station is in Poland.

You can ask for advice?

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2017, 05:16:59 PM »
What could be causing erroneous display the time of sunrise and sunset when upgrading to a new template? Time, latitude, longitude and time zone are set correctly. This can be somehow correct the files? The station is in Poland.

You can ask for advice?

i don't quite understand for the ws1001 console display ,this modification has no effect on sunrise/set values . the values for sunrise/set are determined by your lat lon and time zone settings in the console menu.
this modification is purely about the visual elements redone with the png graphic files.

brian

Offline Rychu

• Contributor
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2017, 05:28:49 PM »
Thank you for the quick reply.   ;)

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2017, 09:03:51 AM »
Theme download now includes layout for the Polish language

https://www.weather34.com/homeweatherstation/ws1001.html

brian
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 03:34:41 PM by weatherist34 »

Offline Rychu

• Contributor
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2017, 09:46:20 AM »
Thanks to Brian - gave sites based in Poland  ;)

Offline Rychu

• Contributor
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2017, 02:24:48 PM »
Theme download now includes layout for the Polish language (...)

Brian, on the compass rose is a mistake. Twice you have marked the direction of the west "Z".
The "Z" at the bottom of the compass rose should be marked "Pd"

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2017, 03:05:19 PM »
Theme download now includes layout for the Polish language (...)

Brian, on the compass rose is a mistake. Twice you have marked the direction of the west "Z".
The "Z" at the bottom of the compass rose should be marked "Pd"

hello it is not done by me it is done polish user Mystic_Art  i do not speak polish . i am about to give up all things in multiple languages and stick to just english because I have no control or understanding of anything unless its in turkish or english..

sorry not your fault but I have spent all day fixings things to work in multiple languages Im at the point of no return and quite happily just go back to english only.

i have edited psd and changed upload ..are you saying south should be Pd?

https://www.weather34.com/homeweatherstation/ws1001.html

brian
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 03:35:39 PM by weatherist34 »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2017, 03:51:55 PM »
Hi Brian,
yes, in Polish South is "poludnie" (which btw. means noon in Czech, in Czech we say "jih" for south)

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2017, 03:55:17 PM »
Hi Brian,
yes, in Polish South is "poludnie" (which btw. means noon in Czech, in Czech we say "jih" for south)

thanks

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2017, 04:47:56 PM »
Do you have a Czech version? :D

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2017, 04:53:47 PM »
Do you have a Czech version? :D

thanks and nope there is a psd in the download for anyone who wants to take the time to translate for there own personal customisation  .im done with languages ill stick to turkish or english thats enough for me at this stage in my life.

brian

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2017, 05:12:15 PM »
I totally understand what you mean...

I just received a suggestion yesterday if I could put the text "home" below the house icon in the menu which gets you to the homepage.

Well... why not, for that person it seemed like an easy thing to do, and in fact it is and it works nice - home icon with "home" below it. But things change when you start thinking about the fact this has to be translated. First thing that came to my mind was obviously Czech... and placing "domovská stránka" below the icon certainly didnt look so fantastic, occupying 20% of the whole menu :D

Offline Rychu

• Contributor
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2017, 07:55:22 PM »
(...) are you saying south should be Pd?

Yes, Pd

I can see that already have fixed?  ;)

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2017, 12:46:28 AM »
good morning

english version them updated with improved positioning of some descriptions and updated weather icons

available via https://www.weather34.com/homeweatherstation/ws1001.html

ps if you want icons displayed dont forget to modify the main.ini file

change the line GraphApi=false to true

[Function]
Autolight=true
DST=true
DatFile=false
FileUnit=false
NotUV=false
GraphApi=false
SunMoon=true
HeatIndex=true
ConnPC=false
WH60=false
Year=2017

brian

Offline crawdad62

« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2017, 11:17:09 AM »
Is this project (homeweatherstation) defunct? I'm receiving a 404 when I try to get to the site.

anything