Author Topic: Weather station with history  (Read 1030 times)

Offline MattEffinCameron

Weather station with history
« on: November 12, 2018, 09:45:43 AM »
Hello weather enthusiasts! 

Looking for a weather station which will monitor the temperature outside, as well as inside my barn/workshop.  If it was inexpensive to add a "sensor" to monitor the temperature in additional locations maybe I would monitor different points in the barn and/or my garage.

For outdoor additional features are fine but I am really just interested in temperature (wind speed would also be nice).
For indoor, all I really care about is temp.

The big feature I am hoping for is history so I can look over time (weeks, months, last year) at the data points which were recorded.  If I have to dump it into a CSV and analyze my own data in excel or a google sheet thats fine....but I don't want to have to dump the data/csv every day/week/month.  I basically want it to log to somewhere (PC in my house or google drive/sheets are options that come to mind...or store it locally within the weather station) until needed.

It would be nice if there was a thing I could put on the wall in the shop (and/or maybe in the house) to glance at to see the temp in the shop, or outside....

An app on my phone would be fine too either for current temps/conditions or viewing the historical data but its not critical.

Offline krojan

• Contributor
Re: Weather station with history
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 10:23:54 AM »
If you only want temperature (humidity) from several sensors, I recommend:
https://www.ambientweather.com/amws3000x5.html

It has a microSD card slot and a USB port for PC connection.
Unfortunately, it has no holes for mounting on the wall.
I have two pieces of the clone of this Misol HP3001 station and I am very happy.
Sorry for my English.
GW1000, HP2551-C, HP3001, HP1001.

Offline MattEffinCameron

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 10:35:25 AM »
thanks for the link!  Not that it is a critical function but I am curious could you add an anemometer to something like this?

Offline krojan

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 10:43:10 AM »
Anemometer can not be added to this station.
Maybe you will be interested in:
https://www.ambientweather.com/amws2000.html

Unfortunately, in Poland (868MHz) not yet available, so I can not comment.
And the price is much higher.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 10:45:15 AM by krojan »
Sorry for my English.
GW1000, HP2551-C, HP3001, HP1001.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 01:33:52 PM »
The Ambient Weather WS-2000 would do everything you have mentioned. Including up to 8 additional temperature and humidity sensors (indoor or outdoor that you can give names to match location). The way to get the historical data could be on the display console of the WS-2000 or you could more easily see it by having the WS-2000 (WiFi built in) upload it to Weather Underground or ambientweather.net or WeatherCloud which won't cost you anything to do. Just requires an Internet connection. As long as it isn't a bandwidth limited cellular Internet service then you don't have to worry about data use. The WS-2000 also has an SD card slot for storing historical data.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 01:39:32 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline MattEffinCameron

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 02:00:09 PM »
is your weather data publicly viewable when you choose to upload it to one of those cloud services (ambientweather weathercloud wunderground etc)?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 02:21:55 PM »
Depends....

WU and WeatherCloud is public accessible (outdoor data only)
But with ambientweather.net your data is private by default unless you decide to make it public accessible and then only with a private link that you share. So it isn't searchable on a map even if you decide to share it. When you share you decide also if to include indoor sensors or not.

Indoor sensors are only accessible via display console and ambientweather.net. Weather Underground and WeatherCloud are only for outdoor sensor weather data. Only ambientweather.net accepts the data from the extra sensors.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

anything