Author Topic: New version of wxgraphs package using JPGraph for Weather Display  (Read 3516 times)

Offline broadstairs

• Forecaster
I thought I'd post here in case anyone currently using these graphs for Weather Display had not recently visited the WD fora. I have a thread there which explains the reasons behind what happened.

You can get the updated package here. This is only guaranteed to work with JPGraph 4.0.1 and above so you may need to update that as well.

One thing which came up on that thread was the fact that other weather station software in some cases create clientraw like files, however unless they are identical to the WD clientraw set my package is unlikely to work. I suggested that if anyone who has other software which creates files which could be used would like to send me sample files with details of their structure I would see if I could convert any or all of my graphs to use them. Obviously if others have already created a suitable package then I dont want to duplicate stuff.

Stuart
Ecowitt GW1003 with ultrasonic wind gauge, lightning sensor and PM2.5 sensor with Personal Weather Tablet as a console.

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
Re: New version of wxgraphs package using JPGraph for Weather Display
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 11:35:21 PM »
Is the latest wxgraphs package still the one reported as: "Graphs Package V3.1 17th November 2019"?

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit
www.LasCruces-Weather.com   www.EastMesaWeather.com

Offline broadstairs

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2023, 04:29:05 AM »
Apologies but no it was not. However I've not done anything since 2022 with these so have zipped up what I use live and should work although some settings may need changing like perhaps fonts as I have Ariel installed on my server. Unzip the file and then run the wxgraphs_test.html page to see what happens and take it from there. Let me know if you have any issues.

https://www.stella-maris.org.uk/code/wxgraphs.zip

Stuart
Ecowitt GW1003 with ultrasonic wind gauge, lightning sensor and PM2.5 sensor with Personal Weather Tablet as a console.

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 04:50:52 AM »
Thank you, Sir! Much appreciated.

That 3.1 was the only one I could find but I had no issues (other than self-generated) with the test file & PHP 8.1 that I can remember. Latest Jpgraphs test file ran fine last time I played with it so I don't anticipate any problems other than a nut loose on the keyboard...

BTW - are you the same person that did all that graph work with Flashgraphs & Fusion some time back?

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit

Offline broadstairs

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 05:09:33 AM »
BTW - are you the same person that did all that graph work with Flashgraphs & Fusion some time back?

Wow that's a log time ago, yes back in 2010! To be honest I'd forgotten and had to check my files  :shock:  :roll:  :oops:

Stuart

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 05:22:44 AM »
I thought I sensed something familiar in the file structure! Those were great! I was very disappointed when those broke awhile back.

Now I have to figure out how my hackNpaste coding mess from back then was using them to switch over to jpgrahs.  ](*,) :lol:

Offline andro700

• Chuck
  • Forecaster
    • Gobles Weather Page
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2023, 12:58:18 PM »
My yesterday rain data font is not showing bold. I have all the settings set to bold unless I missed something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.goblesweather.com/wxgraphs_test.html

Chuck

Offline broadstairs

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2023, 05:22:15 PM »
I presume you mean the tank rain graphs. Yes it's not you it's me and I need to do some work on these. Might take a day or so.

Stuart

Offline andro700

• Chuck
  • Forecaster
    • Gobles Weather Page
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2023, 09:40:58 PM »
No worries Stuart.

Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline broadstairs

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2023, 05:25:20 AM »
Chuck assuming it was only the rain yesterday tank graph then you can download the zip file again and just copy over that rain_yesterday.php file and it should work. It does on my system and live webpage now. Note that rain_today.php was changed as well but only to remove some comments so no code changes but you could copy that as well for completeness.

Stuart

Offline andro700

• Chuck
  • Forecaster
    • Gobles Weather Page
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2023, 01:11:18 PM »
On my year_rain_inc_avg.php how to get my legend colors to match the colors on my graph.

https://www.goblesweather.com/wxgraphs_test.html

Chuck

Offline Vasco

• Forecaster
    • PWS
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2023, 04:50:06 PM »
See also month_hilo_temp.php (line 143):
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 04:59:11 PM by Vasco »
Ecowitt GW1102 (with GW2000) + Weather Display in Windows 10

Offline broadstairs

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2023, 05:26:29 PM »
vasco mine work fine showing the ampersand character OK and not what you are showing, so no idea why yours is wrong. My line 143 does have the '&' in it but displays OK both on my live site and my test server with just the '&'. I just wonder if you are referring to Chucks graphs? If so my comments are the same mine work fine with that data.

Chuck I am puzzled by this as the legend should copy the colour of the plot and does work that way for me. However when I change the colours it does not change the legend so I need to investigate this some more.

Stuart
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 05:29:50 PM by broadstairs »

Offline Vasco

• Forecaster
    • PWS
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2023, 05:38:58 PM »
vasco mine work fine showing the ampersand character OK and not what you are showing, so no idea why yours is wrong. My line 143 does have the '&' in it but displays OK both on my live site and my test server with just the '&'. I just wonder if you are referring to Chucks graphs? If so my comments are the same mine work fine with that data.

Yes, sorry, I was looking at Chuck's graphs, in Edge  :?

Offline broadstairs

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2023, 05:50:33 PM »
Afraid I don't use any Microsoft stuff, I'm a Linux man and all my testing is done on that  ;)

Actually when I look at Chucks page I see the & as well. I wonder why the generated png file contains that data.

Chuck what PHP and JPGraph versions are you using?

Stuart
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 05:58:23 PM by broadstairs »

Offline Vasco

• Forecaster
    • PWS
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2023, 05:56:54 PM »
Ah well Edge is wrong then Chrome/Chromium and Firefox all show the & as an & as they should.

Chrome attached. . .

Offline broadstairs

• Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2023, 06:01:27 PM »
Yes I edited my reply as this has to be something on Chucks system which is not generating the png file correctly. I suspect an old version of JPGraph.

Stuart

Offline Vasco

• Forecaster
    • PWS
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2023, 06:03:54 PM »
Yes I edited my reply as this has to be something on Chucks system which is not generating the png file correctly. I suspect an old version of JPGraph.

I was beginning to wonder. . .  ;)

And I was all ready to post Firefox, too  :grin:

Offline andro700

• Chuck
  • Forecaster
    • Gobles Weather Page
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2023, 06:32:54 PM »
I have the latest version of JPgraph. I will look into my scripts to make sure they are all the newest version.

Chuck

Offline Vasco

• Forecaster
    • PWS
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2023, 06:41:27 PM »
I have the latest version of JPgraph.

And PHP 8.2.1?

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2023, 12:59:58 AM »
I had the same issue w/ the ampersand as well (FireFox/WIN7/xampp/PHP 8.1). I don't have the files online yet but using locally w/ PHP 8.1 to match my hoster's version.

Using the entity code:  &  or just a plain ol' & works for me.

Offline andro700

• Chuck
  • Forecaster
    • Gobles Weather Page
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2023, 02:39:58 AM »
Fixed my hilo month temp legend. Just used & and it worked. I am using the latest JPGraph 4.4.2.

Chuck

Offline broadstairs

• Forecaster
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2023, 04:01:29 AM »
I am puzzled by this as this is the first time anyone has reported the issue with &, anyway I'll do some more testing and try the & and if it works for me I'll update the file. As to the legend issue I'll need some time to resolve it.

Stuart

Offline hcorrin

• Contributor
    • Ballaugh Weather
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2023, 04:27:58 AM »
Updated my page to latest version wxgraghs and it now works as they did not before
https://www.hc-iom.co.uk/graphs/wxgraphs.html
But in safari on the iPad I do see the &amp in the Hilo graph I have not checked edge yet
Php 8.0.30 and jpgraph 4.4.1

Offline broadstairs

• Forecaster
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2023, 04:35:00 AM »
Well I just tested & & and & and no matter which I put in the code they all work on my system correctly showing &. Go figure!

Stuart

anything